Year Long NBA Betting Thread

Mobley ROY? I got him on the weekend for +333. Most places he is +180 to +200

No matter how that particular wager ends up, a steady diet of catching extra value like that adds up over time. You'll be in great shape overall.

Mobley ROY? I got him on the weekend for +333. Most places he is +180 to +200

Oh he's in the running. Cunningham and Green have disappointed a bit. Right now I think it's between Mobley and Barnes. And there's a pretty big gap (so far obviously) between those 2 and the field imo.

The trouble with all NBA awards is media voting rather than 'merit' or taking the whole season into account

What happens now matters less than what a player is doing nearer voting time

Then of course you have the issue of 65 more games being played taking hot favs. It's a long season, form for these guys won't last an entire season. Grant from the Pistons came into -110 for MIP last season then disappeared. Taking the favs this early on in the season isn't worth the risk imo

The trouble with all NBA awards is media voting rather than 'merit' or taking the whole season into account

Then of course you have the issue of 65 more games being played taking hot favs. It's a long season, form for these guys won't last an entire season. Grant from the Pistons came into -110 for MIP last season then disappeared. Taking the favs this early on in the season isn't worth the risk imo

But Mobley +333 kinda is right? Not at +200 or whatever he is on most sites, I agree. But when you are getting so much better odds on one site than anywhere else on the guy who might be the frontrunner, that's worth a small stab imo.

But Mobley +333 kinda is right? Not at +200 or whatever he is on most sites, I agree. But when you are getting so much better odds on one site than anywhere else on the guy who might be the frontrunner, that's worth a small stab imo.
+333 is better for sure. I'm talking about taking guys now after a purple patch of form and their odds have been crunched

Wait until they slide a bit in odds. It's a long season, they will dip, taking under around +300 for anyone at this point isn't worth it imo. 65+ to go...

Ffs didn't know ayton is back today so the booker prop was dead on arrival

Fair points.

Oh he's in the running. Cunningham and Green have disappointed a bit. Right now I think it's between Mobley and Barnes. And there's a pretty big gap (so far obviously) between those 2 and the field imo.

I’m from Toronto so I see Scottie Barnes each night. He is exceeding expectations, has a great energy and is extremely likeable, but I think Mobley is a level above him as far as talent goes. My worry is an injury to Mobley. It is a two horse race, but I feel like Mobley is starting to break away (even with a bit of a dud tonight).

The other future I like is Jokic for MVP at +1400. He is durable, putting up numbers across the board again, and Denver is poised for another good year. Lots of horses in this race, but lots of value in my opinion on Jokic +1400.

I’m from Toronto so I see Scottie Barnes each night. He is exceeding expectations, has a great energy and is extremely likeable, but I think Mobley is a level above him as far as talent goes. My worry is an injury to Mobley. It is a two horse race, but I feel like Mobley is starting to break away (even with a bit of a dud tonight).

The other future I like is Jokic for MVP at +1400. He is durable, putting up numbers across the board again, and Denver is poised for another good year. Lots of horses in this race, but lots of value in my opinion on Jokic +1400.

Yeah not bad on Jokic. You'd have to think he has as good a shot as anyone. Definitely a number of others that will be there. Giannis, Luka, Durant, etc.

I think jokic has better numbers than anyone but problem is politics and popularity, everyone slurping Steph Currys nuts.

I think jokic has better numbers than anyone but problem is politics and popularity, everyone slurping Steph Currys nuts.

Yeah and that will continue IF the Warriors keep winning at such a high clip. But I think they come back to the pack a bit and while Steph absolutely stays near the front (and maybe wins it), there won't be a runaway at all for him.

Mobley sprained elbow. I jinxed myself. FAK.

Here is me watching Steph take an in rhythm 40 foot jumper on a fast break like it's normal and bury it:

giphy.gif

Gotta be careful with the Jokic MVP I know its early but 9 of the past 10 yrs the MVP has came from a team top 4 from there division and right now Nuggets sitting at 6th like I said its early though and only time it was outside the top 4 was westbrook who averaged a triple double.

Back