Yeah, We need to do that One More Time

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Deadaim58, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Deadaim58

Deadaim58 Orange Belt

I'm a huge Jon Jones fan. I love the way the guy fights and tries to finish every opponent he faces. I respect Alexander. For that reason I think it's complete bullshit that was a UD. At the least it should have been a tie and the max either man should have walked away with would be a split decision. Unlike Benson vs Pettis this fight proved in my mind that Alex is a threat for the title. Jones healing completely from the foot and Alex working on his championship round cardio, who knows who's coming out for the belt. This is something I'd like to see once or at least a couple more times. I think we have a great series in the making. I'm glad Jones still has the belt, but it would be idiotic to say I don't see the POV of people who say the Mauler won. Waaaaay too close to leave it at one fight. For the idiots who say he needs to move to HW, it's pretty clear that he has NOT cleared out the division as he hasn't even fought Glover yet.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  2. blaine hislop

blaine hislop Orange Belt

This is the first time in his life where Jon Jones has been in with a guy who is as big as he is and probably just as strong. He still had a reach advantage, but not the vast advantage he usually has. However, he was quicker than Gus and had better cardio. I'm not sure how much Gus can narrow the gap there. Still, after watching this fight, it's difficult to envision Bones now beating JDS or (most of all) Cain.

3. fnog9

fnog9 Green Belt

I don't understand why people think this was a draw, or Gus won. Gus was nearly stopped. Jones clearly took over the the fight and was the victor. Yeah there should be a rematch but Jones won, no question.

4. jmadtx

jmadtx Black Belt

yeah it should be a good rematch