Yeah this sounds like a good idea lets dim the sun to fight global warming?

Damn Conor McLeod and his bright (dark, rather) ideas.

Highlander 2
Not surprising that the inspiration is from something that was ill-produced, ill-written, ill-directed and clearly ill-advised.

Last edited:
Yellowstone or any of the super volcanoes erupting will take care of the global warming problem. Not only will it kill off 99.99%, if not ALL, of the human population, it will block off the sun, forcing another ice age. It will reset humanity if it doesn't kill it off.
Time to start saving up for a first-class ticket on Snowpiercer.

The cost is relatively reasonable. One estimate put it at 20 billion usd. We won't have to block much to prevent global warming. It is a little odd that it doesn't get more attention though it is probably the cheapest solution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_sunshade

Space_sunshade

I guess if the effects of some warming get bad enough it'll get attention

Right now though there's money to be made and it's not killing us so I can see the reluctance to actually fix the issue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratospheric_aerosol_injection

0:00 - 1:24 describes the method discussed in this study:

We calculate early-year costs of ~$1500 ton−1 of material deployed, resulting in average costs of ~$2.25 billion yr−1 over the first 15 years of deployment. We further calculate the number of flights at ~4000 in year one, linearly increasing by ~4000 yr−1.
That would be chicken feed to offset global warming while we figure out more permanent solutions to the source of the problem.

This isn't a cure, guys. These geoengineering proposals simply seek to buy us more time.

This isn't a cure, guys. These geoengineering proposals simply seek to buy us more time.
Isn't this the so called "chemtrail conspiracy theory" coming to life?

Isn't this the so called "chemtrail conspiracy theory" coming to life?
Wanna know how I know you didn't even bother to read the abstract?

There's a very good chance it will reset evolution. EVERYTHING will die except for microscopic life. And Yellowstone is something like 40,000 years overdue for an eruption as of this very moment.

human-evolution-infographics-human-evolution-infographics-development-stages-single-cell-to-homo-sapiens-white-115367289.jpg
Given that evolution from single celled life goes back over 600 million years and the Yellowstone supervolcano went off last 700,000 years ago it seems unlikely.

That's stupid. Obviously, what the world needs is a giant Solar powered refrigerator. You turn the hot beams into cold fresh air..
Well, if you think about it. What if it works and the particles start blocking the sun and Climate change goes away.. But the particles never leave the air and now it keeps getting colder and colder...

Science is cool, but sometimes those guys scare me.

Anyone want to actually dissect the science and challenge why top research schools are wrong in exploring this option?

Told you chemical trails were real!
Now they want to do chem trials in a big scale so they using this alleged "climate change" as an excuse.
QzSC6t

Edit: how do I post images in the war forum when there's no upload button, tried the url thing,didn't work,any help is appreciated thanks.
RVrE8u

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratospheric_aerosol_injection

0:00 - 1:24 describes the method discussed in this study:

That would be chicken feed to offset global warming while we figure out more permanent solutions to the source of the problem.

Help pls
Told you chemical trails were real!
Now they want to do chem trials in a big scale so they using this alleged "climate change" as an excuse.
QzSC6t

Edit: how do I post images in the war forum when there's no upload button, tried the url thing,didn't work,any help is appreciated thanks.
RVrE8u

I would rather them try and find away reduce CO2 in the atmosphere. We need more shellfish.

Giant umbrella deployed- blocks sun and global warming. Is Harvard interested?

We should unload the worlds nuclear armaments on the sun , that bitch be too shiny and shit burning our eyes

Back