ye old "eat, drink and be married" thread vol. 2..... all in the family edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahaha..... now that most of us are here. would you guys be cool if i made an "old married guys" fitness thread and linked it here? basically we (whoever wants to partake) post daily in there what we did that day fitness wise. an extension of our thread here but keeping that conversation seperate and in there. i know i could use it to be accountable. we could put motivation in there and basically have an old married guy joint training thread.

thoughts?

I need all the motivation and accountability I can get. I'm down. Count me as down.

It would probably get moved to the training forum, to be honest. just based on how you're saying to present it.

thats where i was going to post it.

thats where i was going to post it.

Well then, post away!
I'll get it rolling. I do at least 3 "chair ups" a night.... cause that's how many times I figure I pee while watching tv.

Lazy-Boy-Recliner-Chair-SA-003-.jpg

^What about rubbing the wife's feet? I think that's killing 2 birds with one stone right there.

hahaha..... now that most of us are here. would you guys be cool if i made an "old married guys" fitness thread and linked it here? basically we (whoever wants to partake) post daily in there what we did that day fitness wise. an extension of our thread here but keeping that conversation seperate and in there. i know i could use it to be accountable. we could put motivation in there and basically have an old married guy joint training thread.

thoughts?

I'd participate, man.

I still haven't done the burpee challenge, mostly cause I don't think I can do 50. But I've been going at it prison-style with pushups in the morning & evenings.

I do a few 21 pound lifts and bench presses every night...

^What about rubbing the wife's feet? I think that's killing 2 birds with one stone right there.

My wife's pedicurist told her that pregnant ladies aren't supposed to have their feet rubbed too vigorously. Apparently this is supported in What To Expect When You're Expecting.

I thought it was pretty weird... but I'll take the out. haha.

My wife's pedicurist told her that pregnant ladies aren't supposed to have their feet rubbed too vigorously. Apparently this is supported in What To Expect When You're Expecting.

I thought it was pretty weird... but I'll take the out. haha.

My father-in-law says the same thing. He does acupuncture/acupressure as part of his Chinese medicine practice. He's gone over which points to avoid and all of that. Has something to do with inducing labor, among other things. Meridians and stuff.

It's been a while since anyone mentioned doing a nice gesture for their wife. If anyone has something to contribute towards a good deed for their better half, please chime in. And if you feel it's been a while since you brought home flowers, cleaned the house while the wife was at the gym, took the kids out on a Saturday so the wife could have a free day, whatever... I challenge you all to change this in the next few days.

While Tiff was working on Sunday I went to Wal Mart and bought a big thing of Ortho home defense. There was a wolf spider staring at her while she did the laundry, and apparently it creeped her out. Since spring started, our infestation grew from little daddy long legs, to hobo spiders, to brown recluses, to mice, and now to that shifty-eyed wolf spider.

So I emptied the entire jug on the house, got all of the windows inside and out, etc. The basement was a blast; once I started spraying liquid death about the floor, spiders would run out of their crevasses, sprint for about 2 seconds, and the putter to a stop. I felt unstoppable; I was Kyle, destroyer of stuff that makes his girlfriend queezy, and not horny.

Then I went to the grocery store and got stuff for burgers and hot wings, got the burgers pattied and the wings cut. Cleaned off the grill and got the charcoal ready.

Got out the lawnmower and took the lawn down a peg or two and trimmed the edges.

Went back inside and washed the blankets that we keep on the couch.

The idea was that when Tiff got home from work, she would arrive to a well groomed castle, fortified against insect threat and smelling of fine grilled meats. It went pretty well. Unfortunately she had a piss day at work, and some of it went a little unnoticed.

But that's okay, the fact that she was able to come home and relax immediately probably made it better, even if she didn't realize it. If she came home to a shitty yard, 8 legged friends and an empty stomach she might have just drank some cough syrup and called it a day :D

thoughts?
I need all the motivation and accountability I can get. I'm down. Count me as down.

I had rolled around that thought before, but dismissed it before bringing it up. Now that I know it's seconded and thirded, I will fourth it!

It's been a while since anyone mentioned doing a nice gesture for their wife. If anyone has something to contribute towards a good deed for their better half, please chime in. And if you feel it's been a while since you brought home flowers, cleaned the house while the wife was at the gym, took the kids out on a Saturday so the wife could have a free day, whatever... I challenge you all to change this in the next few days.

i cleaned the ever living shit out of the house on sunday and she did notice. mommy likey!

Just ordered some flowers for delivery tomorrow.

Holy shit, I'm fat.

Are my girls too young to get through 18 holes of mini putt do you think? 2.5 and 4 years of age. I have a feeling they'll be all excited if we pulled up to a family miniature golf course and they saw the entire layout and all the characters and obstacles, etc... but the novelty would wear off in about 2 holes for them, even if we let them just stick handle the course rather than try and get them to do it properly.
I'm thinking my 4 year old would give it the college try, but not sure my younger daughter would stay the course here and it would probably turn into a calamity of nonsense.

Are my girls too young to get through 18 holes of mini putt do you think? 2.5 and 4 years of age. I have a feeling they'll be all excited if we pulled up to a family miniature golf course and they saw the entire layout and all the characters and obstacles, etc... but the novelty would wear off in about 2 holes for them, even if we let them just stick handle the course rather than try and get them to do it properly.
I'm thinking my 4 year old would give it the college try, but not sure my younger daughter would stay the course here and it would probably turn into a calamity of nonsense.

hmm around that age I'm not sure I would've wanted to do all 18. They'll probably get anxious before 9. I feel like the 2 year old might just throw the ball down the course, which will probably be fun all the same :)

How are their attention spans normally? I know one little girl who will sit quietly through just about anything as long as she has to; her cousin (a boy) on the other hand will turn on a dime the second he's done and expect everyone else to appease his boredom. They're 2 and 4 respectively.

yeah i dont think so. i share kyles opinion on this one....

hmm around that age I'm not sure I would've wanted to do all 18. They'll probably get anxious before 9. I feel like the 2 year old might just throw the ball down the course, which will probably be fun all the same :)

How are their attention spans normally? I know one little girl who will sit quietly through just about anything as long as she has to; her cousin (a boy) on the other hand will turn on a dime the second he's done and expect everyone else to appease his boredom. They're 2 and 4 respectively.

Well in this case, they'd be participating, not sitting quietly. I just don't feel they would enjoy 18 holes (throwing away the rules of the game and just having fun all the same).

I have a golf game/tourney thing next Saturday, just 16 of us who go out and play a round on a friend's bday, and we have prizes for who wins, longest drive, etc. So it's nothing special, but I haven't gone out and played this year at all, even to a driving range. So I want to go the driving range this week just to take some swings, and I thought maybe I'd bring the girls with me and they could take a few swings at the range with their short clubs, then do mini golf.
But ya, I'm thinking maybe not. Might just be too much of something for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back