Ye Ol Eat Drink and be married Vol. 38: Do not click on that spoiler

Status
Not open for further replies.
@KO How big are these hogs?

it was a monster about 480 pounds
some get up to 600 though

usually the normal size one you will see and shoot (since you pay by the pound most times) will be 250-300

damn... I wasn't thinking of animals that big. I'm used to javallinas around here that probably don't break 50-75 pounds tops...
What do you mean you pay per pound?

You hunt them with a bow? I always figured you were a rifle shooter.

primarily I do hunt with a rifle but I try to stay lethal with all forms of hunting

if I don't get paid I might have to bow hunt to put some food on the table

it was a monster about 480 pounds
some get up to 600 though

usually the normal size one you will see and shoot (since you pay by the pound most times) will be 250-300

that isnt shit.

i pulled a 700lber out of the minnesota bar district in college once. slayed her with a meat sword.

You'd have enough bacon to last for a week!

damn... I wasn't thinking of animals that big. I'm used to javallinas around here that probably don't break 50-75 pounds tops...
What do you mean you pay per pound?

the place we went to last time was a dollar a pound up to 250lb and $1.50 for each additional pound

for reference

monster_wild_boar_hog_001.jpg

the place we went to last time was a dollar a pound up to 250lb and $1.50 for each additional pound

for reference

monster_wild_boar_hog_001.jpg

Damn, that's odd. I thought once you bought a license, whatever you got was yours to do with. I didn't realize there would be a cost per pound.
javeli1a.jpg

yeah um those are piglets, they taste great but I wouldn't take my picture with them

the cost is whatever the land owner says

Do you pay for the whole animal or is that after you field dress it?

whole animal, they cash in

its a bit gamey but with proper prep it doesn't bother me but maybe im just used to it

that isnt shit.

i pulled a 700lber out of the minnesota bar district in college once. slayed her with a meat sword.

that's why you are our hero

A few deer seasons ago conservation told everyone to shoot any and all hogs on sight and leave them on the side of the road. Personally, I didn't see any but by the end of opening weekend there were probably 30 killed. I felt pretty bad about it. I really hate to see any animal killed but especially if it's not going to be used, just thrown away like a piece of trash.

That monster pig that Eq posted a link to looks fake as hell and the story is a bit iffy as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back