ycm aqua bag 2

YoungCashMoney

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Just some aquabag work.
Enjoy & critique as needed. 16 oz gloves

Update on my boxing: After handling a lot of things in my life last year, 2019 is the year of boxing for me, do or die I’ll figure out if I’m going to pursue this sport on a professional level by the time 2020 comes around. At 22 I gotta fast track now & get these amateur fights in.

So fights will be posted soon I hope!

I can see that mayweather style in there. Using the philly shell and elevating your shoulder.

Just some aquabag work.
Enjoy & critique as needed. 16 oz gloves

Update on my boxing: After handling a lot of things in my life last year, 2019 is the year of boxing for me, do or die I’ll figure out if I’m going to pursue this sport on a professional level by the time 2020 comes around. At 22 I gotta fast track now & get these amateur fights in.

So fights will be posted soon I hope!

Nice vid. Do you have an amateur record?

Nice vid. Do you have an amateur record?
I’ve had 3 amateur fights , and lost all 3 officially. I had all 3 of my fights in my first 8 months of boxing, and I got an excuse for each loss like everybody got an excuse but it don’t mean shit cuz at the end of the day the other corner had their hand raised 3 times while I didn’t. After that first 8 months I was thrown into a spiral of injuries and brain tumor issues which now marks 5 and a half years since I last fought.

I’ve had 3 amateur fights , and lost all 3 officially. I had all 3 of my fights in my first 8 months of boxing, and I got an excuse for each loss like everybody got an excuse but it don’t mean shit cuz at the end of the day the other corner had their hand raised 3 times while I didn’t. After that first 8 months I was thrown into a spiral of injuries and brain tumor issues which now marks 5 and a half years since I last fought.

@shincheckin said he knows a fighter who went on a 12 fight win streak, after being 0-4. That was in mma. But it's not impossible in boxing.

@shincheckin said he knows a fighter who went on a 12 fight win streak, after being 0-4. That was in mma. But it's not impossible in boxing.

Put it this way, none of the opponents that beat me were ever better than me, I really beat myself hence why I never faltered in my belief of my talent in boxing. Have Sr in my corner since day 1 has made my competition decently stiff. My first fight I had 2 weeks after training for real in a gym with Floyd Sr and fought a guy who had been fighting for 6 years and had an amateur tournament win already who outweighed me by quite a lot. I weighed in 111 they weighed in 114 but I wasn’t aware of cutting weight at that point and literally came in at my full blown full walk around weight. Believed in my own hype because Sr was swearing I could beat anybody with my speed alone. On my life I really believed I was bout to sleep whoever I fought with ease, I had never ran once in my life besides P.E in school at that time , and I learned quite quickly that u can’t just fight 2 weeks after training and with no running. Especially an experienced guy with 9 fights.

Sr was right tho. I won the first round, dropped him heavy in the 2nd round, (I was thankful I’d get 8 seconds to catch my breath. I already knew at the end of round 1 it was very unlikely I could do 3 rounds like this which was a horrible horrible feeling. Hit him with a right hand left hook cuz all I knew how to do was throw 1-2-3’s, so that’s all I did. 123,123,123 as fast as I could and ended up catching and dropping him for the first time) I got stopped later on after taking a knee, on some complete bullshit because I didn’t go down on a punch, I needed to catch my breath & I was so ahead at the time bouncing punches off this guy that I figured I could take 3 knees and just win. Ref stopped me at 4 seconds when I leaned against the ropes after getting up from my knee to maximize how much rest I could get. Big learning experience. That kid is still the best guy I fought.

My 2nd fight I think I won, and most ppl think I won, that was 4 months later against a guy with 5 fights, it was close tho he threw a ton of punches , ive posted that fight around here before if u look for it.

My 3rd fight is my most embarrassing in the sense that I lost to a bum, a guy who wasn’t shit at all. I was so worried bout getting tired cuz even my 2nd fight it was the same thing, dominated first 2 rounds and the last round I started feeling it. This was 2 and a half months after my 2nd fight . I literally threw 2 punches in the first round. 2. Guy was scared of me but I can’t win a round throwing 2 shots. 2nd round was a bit of the same , threw about 10 shots and the 3rd round came around and I need a ko to win because I’m down 2 rounds. No problem cuz I have all my stamina. Hurt the guy and won the 3rd but took my 3rd and final L before I tore a muscle in my back a month later & started a spiral of injuries which I later learned were attributed to me having no testosterone & no growth hormone due to damage from a tumor.

So that’s my best excuse is I had anti steroids in my system, but regardless I could have won all 3 had I been smarter but I wasn’t and it was what it was !

Nice video !! Does the Aqua Bag worth it ? ( pretty expensive ! )

My father was Tommy Duquette's first trainer. Started 0-3 and lost in the Olympic trials on a draw (yes, that's a real thing. Ref decides winner on "aggression"). https://www.bostonherald.com/2012/07/29/waltham-boxer-just-misses-shot-at-olympics/

He's undoubtably one of the most talented amateur boxers I've ever known.

For some minor feedback and considerations, try not to float as much on your jab, working it to your right as well. Head movement is solid, but you hang out in the center line often when punching, especially while throwing combinations.

Good luck bud, look sharp.

Edit: For further context, Tommy ended 105-26. His coach throughout most of his career, Ed Lavache, is a very close friend of mine and one of the best coaches I've ever had the pleasure to work with. In my personal opinion, he's the most valuable member of USA Boxing in New England. Unrelated, but have to shout out my buddy.

Last edited:
Put it this way, none of the opponents that beat me were ever better than me, I really beat myself hence why I never faltered in my belief of my talent in boxing. Have Sr in my corner since day 1 has made my competition decently stiff. My first fight I had 2 weeks after training for real in a gym with Floyd Sr and fought a guy who had been fighting for 6 years and had an amateur tournament win already who outweighed me by quite a lot. I weighed in 111 they weighed in 114 but I wasn’t aware of cutting weight at that point and literally came in at my full blown full walk around weight. Believed in my own hype because Sr was swearing I could beat anybody with my speed alone. On my life I really believed I was bout to sleep whoever I fought with ease, I had never ran once in my life besides P.E in school at that time , and I learned quite quickly that u can’t just fight 2 weeks after training and with no running. Especially an experienced guy with 9 fights.

Sr was right tho. I won the first round, dropped him heavy in the 2nd round, (I was thankful I’d get 8 seconds to catch my breath. I already knew at the end of round 1 it was very unlikely I could do 3 rounds like this which was a horrible horrible feeling. Hit him with a right hand left hook cuz all I knew how to do was throw 1-2-3’s, so that’s all I did. 123,123,123 as fast as I could and ended up catching and dropping him for the first time) I got stopped later on after taking a knee, on some complete bullshit because I didn’t go down on a punch, I needed to catch my breath & I was so ahead at the time bouncing punches off this guy that I figured I could take 3 knees and just win. Ref stopped me at 4 seconds when I leaned against the ropes after getting up from my knee to maximize how much rest I could get. Big learning experience. That kid is still the best guy I fought.

My 2nd fight I think I won, and most ppl think I won, that was 4 months later against a guy with 5 fights, it was close tho he threw a ton of punches , ive posted that fight around here before if u look for it.

My 3rd fight is my most embarrassing in the sense that I lost to a bum, a guy who wasn’t shit at all. I was so worried bout getting tired cuz even my 2nd fight it was the same thing, dominated first 2 rounds and the last round I started feeling it. This was 2 and a half months after my 2nd fight . I literally threw 2 punches in the first round. 2. Guy was scared of me but I can’t win a round throwing 2 shots. 2nd round was a bit of the same , threw about 10 shots and the 3rd round came around and I need a ko to win because I’m down 2 rounds. No problem cuz I have all my stamina. Hurt the guy and won the 3rd but took my 3rd and final L before I tore a muscle in my back a month later & started a spiral of injuries which I later learned were attributed to me having no testosterone & no growth hormone due to damage from a tumor.

So that’s my best excuse is I had anti steroids in my system, but regardless I could have won all 3 had I been smarter but I wasn’t and it was what it was !

Well at least you got to fight everytime, i was told i was going to fight 3x but ran into some money problems.

No it was another guy that shin knows. This guy went straight pro.
I wasn't saying that shincheckn doesn't know a guy who went 0-4, I was just giving another example of someone who did (and in boxing)

Don't worry about "turning Pro" ...I've old you for a few years you need experience, seasoning, and structure. Daijon is turning 24 and is just now starting to look settled and seasoned with only 32 fights. And he took LONG periods without competing.

Librado Andrade only had like 2 or 3 wins out of nearly 20 Amateur fights, and fought for a world title 2 or 3 times, while managing a Jack-in-the-Box

Don't worry about "turning Pro" ...I've old you for a few years you need experience, seasoning, and structure. Daijon is turning 24 and is just now starting to look settled and seasoned with only 32 fights. And he took LONG periods without competing.

Librado Andrade only had like 2 or 3 wins out of nearly 20 Amateur fights, and fought for a world title 2 or 3 times, while managing a Jack-in-the-Box

When I say do or die in terms of turning pro , I mean that it I’m not focused and getting experience at very fast rate and performing in a way that looks like i have a real shot at being a contender or champion, I’m going to focus on something else career wise. I would still box but as of right now I still look at boxing at the end of the day being my career that pays the bills. This 5 years off really did some damage in terms of the odds of making it.

It’s a good thing because I’ve survived and persevered the stuff of nightmares, and even on a bad day I thank god it ain’t the way it used to be. Having 30 seizures a day being told I had all sorts of shit (thanks Lyme disease), but time is precious at my age. The reason I didn’t come down for the fights by the way when we was talkin bout it was cuz I got in an altercation and broke the pinky side of my hand, snapped the knuckle (which was another 2-3months off over stupid stuff, if this type of shit happening this year I’m gonna look elsewhere . Boxing is a jealous sport and needs my full attention. You said it best, I believe in my destiny, i believe I have all the tools necessary to become something special, but my lack of experience shows in my confidence in the ring. So the more experience I get, I expect to sky rocket up.

Ima come out in February & work much more with u for the golden gloves in March than last time because u understand the mental aspect is my problem. Of course I can’t leave Sr til he’s incapable of training anymore , but all he sees is speed power and wants me to go smash whoever because the talent masks my experience There’s levels to this and I need to be brought up proper , as of now anytime i box it’s war time and that’s exactly what I don’t need. Even last time with that whole fiasco, working with Oscar was great because I could work on things myself, distancing, pacing, I could focus on that instead of being way out experiences and forced to rely on my physical abilities. Even when it was set up for some medium-hard sparring , somehow some which way I ended up getting basically bullied into boxing a very seasoned amateur who was disrespectful beyond belief, being rough on the inside low blows talking shit. That is what I don’t need all the time. All I do is work the technical stuff right now while injuries heal, but I need to work on tying up, all them tiny things. So hopefully we can get that done. Cuz once the experience is there, I believe I will be a very very hard fighter to beat.

Tl;dr I’ll know if I’m pursuing my dream by the end of this year, if I don’t become a very good fighter it’s my own damn fault & I really really suck. I got every advantage possible. Just up to me to focus up and start moving the career or find a different one. Boxing don’t wait for nobody and 22 going on 23 this year is alarming in terms of my experience.

Also when I come out there I want all kinds of work light medium hard , whatever will make me better. But that kid that talked that shit after the shit I been through, bullied his way into our sparring and tried to take advantage, I hope u don’t mind that I knock his ass tf out. I know u against that kinda stuff in sparring but that was some real piece of shit stuff so I wanna box with him ASAP when I get out there

Last edited:
My father was Tommy Duquette's first trainer. Started 0-3 and lost in the Olympic trials on a draw (yes, that's a real thing. Ref decides winner on "aggression"). https://www.bostonherald.com/2012/07/29/waltham-boxer-just-misses-shot-at-olympics/

He's undoubtably one of the most talented amateur boxers I've ever known.

For some minor feedback and considerations, try not to float as much on your jab, working it to your right as well. Head movement is solid, but you hang out in the center line often when punching, especially while throwing combinations.

Good luck bud, look sharp.

Edit: For further context, Tommy ended 105-26. His coach throughout most of his career, Ed Lavache, is a very close friend of mine and one of the best coaches I've ever had the pleasure to work with. In my personal opinion, he's the most valuable member of USA Boxing in New England. Unrelated, but have to shout out my buddy.
Thanks for the feedback. Definitely gotta work my jab to the right more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back