Yancy Loves Plants

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
p6_HeartFood_N1801_ts516546584.jpg

“It’s definitely a lifestyle for me being plant-based,” Yancy Medeiros told MMA Junkie on Wednesday. “I’m not vegan. I’m not against people that eat meat. I don’t pay your bills and put food on your table. Who am I to tell you what to eat? But I am empathetic about the world and the animals. I still stay in my lane, right, and my lane is wide, but I just eat plants.

“I’ll live life, you know. I’ll go to Japan, I’ll go try some sushi. I’m very cultural, and I’ll indulge in culture and life, but for the most part plants is the base of my nutrition. And, yeah, it was introduced to me from Nick and Nate (Diaz), and I hold that dearly.

“It hasn’t just affected me. It’s affected all my loved ones and my family. If you’re family-orientated, you’re always trying to look out for how to serve and how to give back to the people that support you. And seeing my family get healthier and my dad, who lost like 100 pounds just from eating plants, [I say], ‘How is that not the truth? How is he from 10 medications to just off of all [his] medications?’

“I’ve seen my daughter lose 20 pounds. My dad lost 100 pounds. My mom lost 40 pounds. No working out, just eating plants. And it’s the truth for me, and I just live that way, and that’s what keeps me at peace knowing that I have all this love and joy and joyfulness around me. They’re going to be with me for a very long time.

“I was fluctuating in weight because I didn’t have a the right eating habits or the proper nutrition. And now that I’m eating plants, my body is just much more aligned, and making weight is way more easy. Just going to 155 is a much more natural process, so it’s a healthier version of me. And it was like, ‘Well, he’s going to do this cut,’ but I’m like 10, 15 pounds out already. Like I’m not fully hydrated, but not malnourished. I’m ready.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/02/yancy-medeiros-details-plant-based-diet-from-diaz-brothers-ufc-rio-rancho

I'm scared yancy will become punch drunk soon, but hes one of the most entertaining guys you might never hear about. It's always enthralling to watch a guy win and take people out through wars of attrition

He’s right if you don’t have enough plant fiber in your diet and you introduce it. Good things will happen.

I appreciate his outlook, very positive.

I think he was better suited at 170, but that's just my opinion.

He no doubt has lost a lot of muscle with all that weight.

Good for him. It's nice to see someone choose a plant based diet for personal reasons and not try to shove their choices down your throat.

I'll take this over Joaquin Phoenix's cow rape Oscar speach any day.

Awful lot of vegetables on the front page.

As I get older I try to eat less and less meat. Used to down over 1lb of red meat or chicken a day. On days I don't work out nowadays I go without.

I think I have been watching too many videos of baby cows and pigs and shit on YT while high. Also some of the stories of the slaughter houses really had an effect on me.

Back