Yan Zhi Cheng's 97 inch vertical jump???

trojansc82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Sorry I read this online and couldn't believe it.

On 19 July 1988, at a performance in The Hague, the Chinese acrobat Yan Zhi Cheng jumped (without trampoline or any assistance) through a hoop of which the lowest point was measured at 246 cm. He used two legs to set off, so his jump isn't the official world record. However, it is the highest human jump ever recorded.

So this guy doubled Michael Jordan's vertical?

He jumped so high that he could get the majority of his body over a basketball rim.

It would be incredible to see it on video, but I guess none exist in English (possibly in Chinese?)

So it's 8.0833 feet

Just had to add that .0033

He also flew around the world so fast, he could turn back time.

why is it only now ive heard of this?

He jumped so high that he could get the majority of his body over a basketball rim.

It would be incredible to see it on video, but I guess none exist in English (possibly in Chinese?)

Yeah, he can touch the top of the 24 second clock.

I've seen vids of of people doing like super fast cartwheels and using velocity to have a super high airtime at the end of their line. so it might be true

So he beat the current High Jump world record (245 cm) in 1988, from a standing position? Well, if there's a written account on the Internet, it must be true.

Vertical leap would be how high his head went, he could have drawn his legs up to his chest as high as possible to accomplish this(He was an acrobat,therefore likely flexible).

Assuming (and I'm rounding off) he's 5'6" getting his head let's say to 9 foot to get his legs through the hoop without hitting his head at the top of it, that would make a 42' vert.

Impressive, but not unheard of.

So he beat the current High Jump world record (245 cm) in 1988, from a standing position? Well, if there's a written account on the Internet, it must be true.

/Thread

Who said it was from a standing position? The claim is that he beat it by 1 cm, its not that far fetched.

If he went into it tumbling I can believe it. Some of those little tumblers get some good height. However physically impossible just standing.

come on guys. you all cant do this too??

Back