"Ya'll said Canelo ran and you ran, He came out and stalked you" RJ

Marc A

Being broke is being dishonest
@Silver
Reaction score

Honest opinion from an ATG

For our diverse group
images

Canelo walked down the big bad boogeyman.

Anyone who questions Canelo further should be kicked in the balls.

Made perfect sense when he said it at the end of the PPV.

Abel focused on Canelo running, so it of course puts the focus on Canelo now not running. Wish we heard what GGG had to say.

Canelo walked down the big bad boogeyman.

Anyone who questions Canelo further should be kicked in the balls.

He really impressed me. I thought he looked a bit less bulky, but it seemed to benefit him quite a bit. He was able to sustain his offense quite a bit more than in the first fight

I can’t believe how infuriated people are with the decision it’s such a razor close fight I think literally anything could of been justified. Draw or a win for either man, which to me says this needs a rubber match above all else

Made perfect sense when he said it at the end of the PPV.

Abel focused on Canelo running, so it of course puts the focus on Canelo now not running. Wish we heard what GGG had to say.

He really impressed me. I thought he looked a bit less bulky, but it seemed to benefit him quite a bit. He was able to sustain his offense quite a bit more than in the first fight

I gained a lot of respect for both guys. Golovkin had to do something he’s really never done before by boxing off the back foot. He adjusted pretty well I thought.

But Canelo came ready to win. I think coming in with a tad less mass helped him fight consistently all 12 rounds.

Both of those guys are top tier bad assess. I just wish GGG didn’t bounce out after the loss. He acts like a humble nice guy when he’s winning but he showed his true colors. But Cotto did that shit all the time and I still like him.

Too bad Golovkin is getting old. He looked top shape last night but I don’t think he’ll sustain that much longer, especially taking fights like the one he was just in.

I can’t believe how infuriated people are with the decision it’s such a razor close fight I think literally anything could of been justified. Draw or a win for either man, which to me says this needs a rubber match above all else

I imagine a lot of the fury still stems from the first fight when it was much more obvious GGG got robbed by incompetent judges. This fight was way better than the first one and while I thought GGG won again, It probably was close enough to go either way.

There is always the specter of the bigger name or bigger $$ in the sport getting a sort of home-field advantage. Rational people realize that Canelo has that going for him.. The "Oscar isn't gonna let his new golden boy lose" type stuff, bothers people.

I'm old and can remember a ton of close decisions like this in boxing. I was a fan of Ali and remember how much that name recognition meant in close fights. Sugar Ray Leonard's decision win over Marvin Hagler was a classic example of that too.

after rewatching the 1st fight earlier yesterday, Canelo stalking Trip G for most of the rematch was definitely not what i expected.

Both guys fought a better second fight. Canelo pressed more this time but Golovkin adjusted pretty well and IMO won most rounds with volume and patience. Commentators were ridiculous. RJ should have never taken the Lebedev fight.

Neither fighter ran in that fight. That's what made it so good. It's a stupid thing to say. RJ was great but he's taken way too many punches to the head late in his career.

I imagine a lot of the fury still stems from the first fight when it was much more obvious GGG got robbed by incompetent judges. This fight was way better than the first one and while I thought GGG won again, It probably was close enough to go either way.

There is always the specter of the bigger name or bigger $$ in the sport getting a sort of home-field advantage. Rational people realize that Canelo has that going for him.. The "Oscar isn't gonna let his new golden boy lose" type stuff, bothers people.

Agree, and plus GGG is much more well-liked by boxing fans who aren't Mexican. And everyone knows about Canelo getting some favourable scorecards in his fights. And it seemed to me like GGG had Canelo hurt in the 10th and was coming on stronger in the second half of the fight (even though I had him losing the 12th). The fighter who ends stronger and hurts the other guy is the one who leaves the biggest impression on fans, especially those who weren't scoring the fight round by round.

Well considering Canelo did nothing the last 4 rounds and was out landed and clearly the one tiring and the only one really hurt in the fight; throw in the fact that the judges gave him the 12th and the BS decision last year. You can see why people are upset about the decision.

Oh well, it was a good fight that had me on the end of my seat throughout.

Definitely seeing GGG aged a bit - had a hard time dealing with an aggressive, younger and faster fighter. Did what he could and work off of a jab and straight rights till he started to wear Canelo down from the pace.

And LOL at HBO commentators saying "Gennady is not used to this pace and looks to be tiring" when Canelo is the one with Stamina problems (even he is yoked on Clen) and again was the one who was worn out by the end of the fight.

Don't wanna see a third fight --- unless its somewhere other than vegas or texas.

GGG vs BJS

Canelo vs Lemieux

I don't remember Canelo walking him down but Canelo did not back up the way he did in the first fight. Canelo was briefly on the ropes once (that i remember) in the second fight. Canelo stood his ground like a boss in the second was my impression.

Well considering Canelo did nothing the last 4 rounds and was out landed and clearly the one tiring and the only one really hurt in the fight; throw in the fact that the judges gave him the 12th and the BS decision last year. You can see why people are upset about the decision.

Oh well, it was a good fight that had me on the end of my seat throughout.

Definitely seeing GGG aged a bit - had a hard time dealing with an aggressive, younger and faster fighter. Did what he could and work off of a jab and straight rights till he started to wear Canelo down from the pace.

And LOL at HBO commentators saying "Gennady is not used to this pace and looks to be tiring" when Canelo is the one with Stamina problems (even he is yoked on Clen) and again was the one who was worn out by the end of the fight.

Don't wanna see a third fight --- unless its somewhere other than vegas or texas.

GGG vs BJS

Canelo vs Lemieux

Golovkins own trainer disagrees that Canelo did nothing the last 12 rounds. You saw what you wanted to see because you’re admittedly bitter about the first fight.

Both guys were tired by the end of the fight. It’s a testament to both men that Golovkin still had some real pop on his shots and that Canelos chin held up to it. Especially that 11th round - thought Saul might go down. But you can’t just give a guy the fight because he hurt his opponent once. That was just a 10-9 round for Golovkin.

This 12th round outrage is really, really strange. Abel himself fucking scored it for Canelo.

Back