Y'all know any sovereign citizen types?

I deal with them pretty frequently as well. The key is just to let them talk until they exasperate themselves. They’ll babble on about gold fringed flags, wanting to talk to the sheriff only, and maritime law. They’re pretty entertaining, but bat shit crazy.

I had one guy who caught an ATF case while I was dealing with him. He was trying to claim he was a firearms dealer while stockpiling guns. I had another one indicted for trying to hire someone to kill several federal employees. I don't want to deal with these guys. All of them have some version or another of a distorted interpretation of federal law.

<BC1> I'll just rest this here ...

Basically this guy is like Sherdog's dembones. A God among men who does not recognize their convoluted laws.

The guy in the hoody tho...lololol.

I had one guy who caught an ATF case while I was dealing with him. He was trying to claim he was a firearms dealer while stockpiling guns. I had another one indicted for trying to hire someone to kill several federal employees. I don't want to deal with these guys. All of them have some version or another of a distorted interpretation of federal law.

Lol! Same here. It’s frustrating. I’ve had hour long conversations with these turds interpreting CFR/USC/state codes the way they want. It’s usually a matter of them trying to contort something to jam a puzzle piece where it doesn’t fit. They don’t understand the logic in the “spirit of the law”.

Lol! Same here. It’s frustrating. I’ve had hour long conversations with these turds interpreting CFR/USC/state codes the way they want. It’s usually a matter of them trying to contort something to jam a puzzle piece where it doesn’t fit. They don’t understand the logic in the “spirit of the law”.

My post definitely got more immediate responses than I would've thought lol.

My question is- what jobs do you guys have, where you're regularly interacting with sovereign citizens? Local public works, small government type of work?

I'm more into diplomatic immunity
FlamboyantCleanIrrawaddydolphin-size_restricted.gif
Diplomatic Immunity = no sale tax on your purchases or your household effects that you import.

Woot.

I’d be curious to know the percentage of sovereign citizens who also believe in flat earth...

If there's a subreddit devoted to mocking those guys, those guys probably have the right idea. Since reddit is 95% complete idiots.

This is a rare time reddit has it right. Sovereign citizens are laughable nutjobs at best and straight-up terrorists at worst. My favorite part is when the police finally have to break windows (after lengthy "negotiations") to arrest the driver and they freak out. I love it when reality hits these people. <45>

Also, if I were a cop and heard "What is your badge number?!" or "I'm travelling" I'd probably just taze them on the spot.

I find the whole subject fascinating. There's an entire subreddit devoting to just mocking them https://www.reddit.com/r/Sovereigncitizen/ I watched a few of the videos, like the woman insisting that the cops couldn't arrest her because she wasn't subject to the laws of the United States...... Also the black guy who was politely explaining to the officer how actually driver's licenses aren't legal but no one tells the cops that. The cops were amazingly patient, certainly more than I would be in their place.

The thing I find incredible about it is that it's literally never worked in any court of law ever, under any circumstances ever. Wouldn't..... wouldn't that sort of warn people off of it? I dunno, maybe I'm not sufficiently inbred and haven't done enough crystal meth to fully understand.

(Full disclosure, I bet that a strong minority of right-wing posters in the War Room are SCs. Teh Globalist Conspiracy can't take their guns because admiralty law, bruh!)

I had thought of going to law school, so in undergrad my dad hooked up with with a lawyer to shadow a few diferent times. He was not a litegater but did pro bono as a duty officer, where a lawyer just shows up and helps people with simple stuff who are defending themselves.

I was wiht him, and we got one of these guys who got hit with driving with no insurance and liscence b/c he beleived these laws do not apply to him b/c he did not consent to them. I remember this dude had like 2 or 3 boxes of material, all pritned off the internet. After what seemed like 15 minutes of this dude going off, my dad's friend was like: "yeah, thats all fine, but did you dirve without insurance and a liscense?".

The only reason things like laws and paper money are worth anything is that more ppl agree to subscribe to them than not. And by a large margin, to be fair. That's what society is. If enough ppl rise up to disagree with them or when people realise paper money is nothing more than an " IOU " . Then things change.

Disobedience is what founded this country, We liberated our selves from Great Britain which was actually against their law.

I think we found one.^^

My brother tried this when he lost his driver's license. He carries copies of things with him. He claims the Supreme Court has ruled that driver's licenses aren't required. There are websites that offer a reward for anyone who can cite the Supreme Court case number, which, of course, doesn't exist.

I don't get these types. You want to live with out laws, taxes, regulations? No problem, wander off into the wilderness, go to the arctic, move to Somalia. Like it's right there, everything you want.

Oh but you enjoy the peace, security and infrastructure that comes with living in a first world country? Well those things exist because of the laws and regulations we have, the taxes we pay.

This is the societal contract we all agree to by enjoying the benefits of our society.

That may be more of a rant against hardcore libertarianism than sovereign citizen but there is a bit of overlap of concept.

I don't get these types. You want to live with out laws, taxes, regulations? No problem, wander off into the wilderness, go to the arctic, move to Somalia. Like it's right there, everything you want.

Oh but you enjoy the peace, security and infrastructure that comes with living in a first world country? Well those things exist because of the laws and regulations we have, the taxes we pay.

This is the societal contract we all agree to by enjoying the benefits of our society.

That may be more of a rant against hardcore libertarianism than sovereign citizen but there is a bit of overlap of concept.
This is actually an intelligent and lucid post.

What's wrong? Feeling sick today?

Dealt with a few at work. Giant pains in the ass.
Same.

The smartest of these are just people who don’t, or refuse to, realize that the Articles of the Confederation haven’t been relevant since 1779. The rest are just assholes who believe what they want to hear and nothing else.

Would love stories, if possible.....
The stories are mostly all the same, in my experience, people making things worse on themselves by refusing to comply with simple questions and commands until they have to be physically restrained.

One time though I had one of them hold his screaming crying seven year old daughter in his arms in an attempt to stop us from arresting him. He had a warrant, knew we were coming for him (in court), and put his daughter in that position. It was disgusting. When we finally got in touch with the mother she said he had told her he was taking the daughter to the pool to swim. This guy is a total scumbag and constantly shirks any responsibility for anything, from bills to licensing and registering to child support, which is why he constantly gets arrested.

Are sovereign citizens allowed to jerk it in public?

Asking for a friend.

Back