Y'all into AR pistols?

People have been posting on r/AR15 that they've been getting their stamps back in less than a month now for SBRs. Unfortunately it still takes forever for suppressors.
Until my last sbr....none took longer than 33 days.
I had to re submit my latest sbr and it's been 2 months and still sitting as "submitted in process".

Well looks like the oil filter is a no-go since the inside will catch on fire with centerfire rifles. Did a damn good job in this video though. I'd like to see how it'd do under cover or indoors.

Well looks like the oil filter is a no-go since the inside will catch on fire with centerfire rifles. Did a damn good job in this video though. I'd like to see how it'd do under cover or indoors.

There are quite a few good form 1 solvent trap companies out there if you were ever curious of building one.

Out of sheer curiosity how much does a 10.5” affect shooting at ranges about 500 yards? Still accurate enough?

to ring a steel plate
its plenty accurate. it just has the terminal effect of a 22LR. Shortening your barrel doesnt really mess with accuracy. it messes with velocity which in turn gives you negative traits on your trajectory, and energy.

Looking more into it I this I’ll pass and just make it a CBQ/home defense gun if I get one. I’m sure if I spend the cash I can push it to 500 but most other people seem to say 300-350 is most reasonable.

Looking more into it I this I’ll pass and just make it a CBQ/home defense gun if I get one. I’m sure if I spend the cash I can push it to 500 but most other people seem to say 300-350 is most reasonable.
I’m not really sure what the reason would be to want an AR that you can push out to 500.

In my opinion that’s like wanting a Ferrari for off roading. I’m sure it could be done, but not a lot of great reasons to do it.

I’m not really sure what the reason would be to want an AR that you can push out to 500.

In my opinion that’s like wanting a Ferrari for off roading. I’m sure it could be done, but not a lot of great reasons to do it.

<Fedor23>

Ringing plates is fun

You can easily push a 10.5 to 500 yards. Terminal effectiveness with quality ammo will drop off after 200-350 yards depending on design. Black Hills 77 tmk should still expand at or around 350 yards. At 500 yards a 10.5 with that round will still be 1550ish fps and about 405 ft lbs of energy. Definitely still lethal, similar energy as a 9mm at the muzzle.

Quality ammo with a high for caliber ballistic coefficient will do fine at 500. Wind drift will be your enemy, although it shouldn't be insurmountable.

Last edited:

I shoot my 18" out to 1000.

It's fun, comparatively cheap, no recoil, etc

I did this with ammo that cost me .49 per round pre-covid.

S7UuAKI.jpg

963mkYK.jpg

500 yards with a 77 tmk will still expand from an 18".

There are a few hunting forums with threads dedicated to the 77 tmk.

We're talking deer, antelope, bear, moose, elk, etc. Elk out to 400 yards, antelope out to 500 yards, etc. Under 300 yards or 2200+ fps this round is devastating.

Tossing out a hypothetical for you fine gentlemen. If money wasn’t an issue would you prefer a bullpup like a Tavor or Aug A3 to an ar pistol?

Tossing out a hypothetical for you fine gentlemen. If money wasn’t an issue would you prefer a bullpup like a Tavor or Aug A3 to an ar pistol?

AR but I personally don't really like bullpups.

I've always had a soft spot for bullpups. Dont know why, but I do

Back