Y'all hating on Dana White for being angry because Woodley won ...

In the lesser of two evils, I'mma pick Twood brah. Sorry

6JFvU6z0_400x400.png

that's a good sign for those of us who pick Dana.

For me I say

tenor.gif

As an under 30s human

I welcome trolls of all shapes and sizes

Fuck.

I’m just the old man around here.

It’s all good, most people say I act like a middle schooler so it makes up for it

31 is actually a kick ass age.

The younger babes think youre hot shit and you don’t even have to do anything

Last edited:
... but if you were in his shoes, you'd have done the same thing, if not worse.

Throughout his title reign, Tyron Woodley has consistenty been a promoter's nightmare, for the following reasons:

1) He is unable to sell PPV's or generate interests in his fights.

UFC 228 is expected to have abysmal numbers, and the prelims to Tyron's PPV did the lowest number of viewership in the past 12 months.

2) He has been involved in two of the most boring title fights in the history of the UFC.

Captain Obvious will point out that these matches' pace were dictated by Maia and Wonderboy (the 2nd fight), and that it's not really Woodley's fault. However, it takes two to tango, and Tyron played a major part in those shitshows.

3) He always plays the victim card

Nobody likes a perpetual victim. There's always someone out there conspiring against Tyron Woodley. The big man is out there to get him. The corporation is out there to get him. The fans are out there to get him. It never crosses his mind, that maybe it's his own fault that he's not the big star and PPV slayer that he aspires to be.

Adopting this persona in combat sports is like shooting yourself in the foot.

In Tyron's own words: "Is it because my skin's brown that I don't get a fair chance ?"

(timestamped)

... which brings us to the next, and final point:

4) The race baiting

Tyron Woodley has been consistently pulling the race card whenever he's in a tight spot, for short term gain, in order to get himself African American fans and become a cultural hero.

What he does not realize, that in the process, he's alienating fans from all other races. Is it really a good idea to keep racebaiting against the target group who mainly buys your PPV's ?

Moreover, we are all human. If I was a promoter, and a fighter keeps digging at my race, would I really be enthusiastic to promote the fighter ?

It's like, this whole thing with Woodley is becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

===

All in all, what I wanted to address is that people demonize Dana White for his attitude towards Tyron. Now Dana is a grade A asshole, but when it comes to his shenanigans with Tyron Woodley, I believe that his resentment towards The Chosen One is justified.

Hmmm, putting all the blame on Tyron, and not the fact that Wonder is hard to look good against, Tyron tore a ligament in the Maia fight, and there are absolutely many people who don't like him because of his skin color.

Race baiting you say? That's exactly what you're doing right now.

Threads like this are the exact reason why Tyron recognizes his race plays a factor.

Once you make $400,000,000 wouldn't you think you'd stop giving a fuck about which of your fighters "sells the most ppv's" and just try to enjoy your job?

Once you make $400,000,000 wouldn't you think you'd stop giving a fuck about which of your fighters "sells the most ppv's" and just try to enjoy your job?

Dana has McMahon-itis. No matter the fame and fortune he cannot help being personally involved to his own detriment.

Throughout his title reign, Tyron Woodley has consistenty been a promoter's nightmare, for the following reasons:

UFC 228 is expected to have abysmal numbers, and the prelims to Tyron's PPV did the lowest number of viewership in the past 12 months.

2) He has been involved in two of the most boring title fights in the history of the UFC.

Captain Obvious will point out that these matches' pace were dictated by Maia and Wonderboy (the 2nd fight), and that it's not really Woodley's fault. However, it takes two to tango, and Tyron played a major part in those shitshows.

Nobody likes a perpetual victim. There's always someone out there conspiring against Tyron Woodley. The big man is out there to get him. The corporation is out there to get him. The fans are out there to get him. It never crosses his mind, that maybe it's his own fault that he's not the big star and PPV slayer that he aspires to be.

In Tyron's own words: "Is it because my skin's brown that I don't get a fair chance ?"

(timestamped)

4) The race baiting

Tyron Woodley has been consistently pulling the race card whenever he's in a tight spot, for short term gain, in order to get himself African American fans and become a cultural hero.

What he does not realize, that in the process, he's alienating fans from all other races. Is it really a good idea to keep racebaiting against the target group who mainly buys your PPV's ?

Moreover, we are all human. If I was a promoter, and a fighter keeps digging at my race, would I really be enthusiastic to promote the fighter ?

It's like, this whole thing with Woodley is becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

===

All in all, what I wanted to address is that people demonize Dana White for his attitude towards Tyron. Now Dana is a grade A asshole, but when it comes to his shenanigans with Tyron Woodley, I believe that his resentment towards The Chosen One is justified.

Everything you said is true. But Dana is an idiot for not running with Tyron after this last fight. For fucks sake, I am sure Woodley will read or have someone tell him how the fans are reacting. He already seems to be fixing what is wrong. It is time to push Woodley, not run away. That is smart business.

If he didn't fuck about which of his fighters sells the most ppv's, he wouldn't have made $400,000,000 in the first place.

<seedat>

5) Dana White is his promoter and it's his actual job to promote his fighters especially reigning Champions.

Instead he shits on him as much as he can.
It always amazes me how people don't get behind this point.
Imagine being a burger flipper that didn't cook burgers... What the hell are you even doing if you aren't doing the job you're paid to do?

Do all black guys have to act like Adrian Broner to sell a ppv or what? I see nothing wrong with Woodley going against the expectations and talk/act like an intelligent human being, at the cost of PPV, who gives a shit about that? Not me.

5) Dana White is his promoter and it's his actual job to promote his fighters especially reigning Champions.

Instead he shits on him as much as he can.

Fighters sell fights, not promoters.

You think Dana could magically get more PPV buys for his champs that don't sell well?

And he's not doing this.... why?

Yeah.

Fighters sell fights, not promoters.

You think Dana could magically get more PPV buys for his champs that don't sell well?

And he's not doing this.... why?

Yeah.

Lol, what?

If a promoter’s job isn’t to sell the fights (see: “Promote”), what exactly is their job?

Lol, what?

If a promoter’s job isn’t to sell the fights (see: “Promote”), what exactly is their job?

Answer my question then.

I'm not saying it's not his job to promote, I'm saying people buy a fight because of the FIGHTERS. Not the promoter.

While true, there's also a time to let it go. Fighters stocks rise and fall like Georges repeatedly pointed out, and past the WB draw Woodley's had 3 convincing title defenses and a great performance in his last. He's a dependable champ who doesn't miss weight and wins.

Time to forget the personal stuff and help him get more views. I heard no mention of his upcoming single or his champ camp during the promotion from the UFC, for example. Just stories that he's disliked. Well I dislike some too, doesn't mean there's zero value in them.

(timestamped)

4) The race baiting

===

Tldr but fuck you youre a dumbass

I get it that I don't like tryone because I'm racist. My conflict is why I like DC, MM, Kevin (rip) so much, and my best friend at work is black.

While true, there's also a time to let it go. Fighters stocks rise and fall like Georges repeatedly pointed out, and past the WB draw Woodley's had 3 convincing title defenses and a great performance in his last. He's a dependable champ who doesn't miss weight and wins.

You have to have a marketable product to promote. Do you think Conor McGregor made it to where he is alone ? He received a tremendous push from the UFC. When Dana sees that someone will make him money, they'll hype the fuck out of them (ie: N'Gannou. It's just that Tyron Woodley pushes these dollars away.

Aside from a few hardcore fans on Sherdog (the vocal minority whom you see in this thread), Woodley has failed to connect with the fans. Woodley's rise to fame peaked with him becoming a TMZ reporter.

You have to have a marketable product to promote. Do you think Conor McGregor made it to where he is alone ? He received a tremendous push from the UFC.

Aside from a few hardcore fans on Sherdog (the vocal minority whom you see in this thread), Woodley has failed to connect with the fans. Woodley's rise to fame peaked with him becoming a TMZ reporter.

I'm saying that the bitterness doesn't help. I listed 2 things the UFC could promote, but they choose not to, they'd rather complain. The usual from them. If a star isn't handed to them on a silver platter they don't know what to do. Maybe look at their nationality/heritage, or other amateur moves that often don't describe the fighter.

Back