Y'all hating on Dana White for being angry because Woodley won ...

Why isn't the blame put on Maia and Choirboy for making those fights boring? A champion is supposed to game plan correctly and defend intelligently. It's the job of the hungry contender to bring the heat which Choirboy and Maia failed to do. Tyron completely nullified the game plans of both Maia and Wonderboy and did what he had to win, high level MMA fans appreciated both fights, casuals however hated them because they don't understand high level MMA.

And then Wonderboy and Maia went out and put up stinkers in their next five round fights as well

And Wonderboy coming into the Woodley fight put up a slowpaced fight against Rory

High level MMA can turn into a slow paced fight easily if neither guy is naturally a pressure fighter
the game becomes making the other guy fight out of type aka getting a guy not naturally comfortable leading to lead so you can counter. If neither guy breaks, it becomes a test of who did just enough to win. In BOTH Wonderboy fights Woodley actually broke type first because the fight was in balance and forced a draw in the first fight, and stole a win in the second.

And dude injured himself in the first round of Maia and still shut that shit down and did the ONLY damage.

Wonderboy and Maia are two fighters who its not easy to look good against

Twood has become popular on here as of his last win.

I think @Psychedelic is smart enough to realize this and stlll had the balls to post.

Dana could def promote T-Wood more. The promotional video of Til was sick and made me a fan of his. A lot of guys fairly asked where was T-Woods video.

But it is incredibly insulting to a lot of white fans to be told “buy my ppv or youre racist”.

Especially when this is Sherdog and only 2% even buy ppvs here.

Who actually sells PPerViews these days not named Conor or GSP?

Woodley does have some annoying aspects about his personality but he's a great man, stepped up for the UFC on six weeks notice and competed 4 times in 12 months..... What else should the guy do to not have baldy shit on him?

5) Dana White is his promoter and it's his actual job to promote his fighters especially reigning Champions.

Instead he shits on him as much as he can.
Do you have actual quotes of Dana white shitting on twood “as much as he can”?

The other part of this debacle is white culture and black culture in the States is very different.

So much so, there are even words one culture can use the other can’t.

T-Wood has made it clear he relates more to black culture.

But this has made him less relatable to a lot of white guys.

So it’s not really racism that’s the problem, more relatibility.

And there are many white guys (including myself) who have axtually tried to relate to Woodley even though he has made it difficult.

So it’s not really racism that’s the problem, more relatibility.
This is, ironically, the crux on the point Woodley made about race.

There are, as far as a I know, two times he keyed in on race in terms of people specifically being racist
When he was talking about the commentating, which he shouldn't have stated in the way that he did (though if you've followed any american sport ever, the commentary is racially skewed in both directions white athletes usually get their athleticism or natural talent undersold, black athletes tend to have their intellect or worth ethic undersold - this is a well documented phenomenon in sports journalism to the point where it's a trope at this point and EVERYONE does it. He shouldn't have called the commentary racist because the term itself alienates people) and when he called Wonderboy's fans racist because he's a middle aged human that doesn't understand that twitter isn't the real world and people were literally calling him a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: and monkey and black piece of shit

A fair point.

However, to many fans, that’s what it sounds like he is saying.

That's because of the relatability issue. You don't relate to the point he's making, so you take the least gracious interpretation. And as I've stated here, Woodley is (again ironically) not particularly well spoken. I think he's smart, but he tends to put his foot in his mouth like a lot so when he makes a statement and later clarifies it, people tend to key in on the accusatory notes instead of taking a step back and saying "hmm lets see what he means". And also, the one thing Dana is right about, is that Woodley is clearly a drama queen - which is not uncommon among athletes, many of them tend to make every situation a "me and my squad vs the world" because it motivates him. But his dramatic nature, it seems to me at least, comes off as whiney to many fans which is the part about him that I can clearly see as objectively unlikeable if you only hear the soundbytes that are focused in on by the MMA media (aka the ones that are specifically picked to get clicks)

Some nerd who starts a sentence with ''Y'all" is criticising the future WW GOAT? Come on man....

This is, ironically, the crux on the point Woodley made about race.

There are, as far as a I know, two times he keyed in on race in terms of people specifically being racist
When he was talking about the commentating, which he shouldn't have stated in the way that he did (though if you've followed any american sport ever, the commentary is racially skewed in both directions white athletes usually get their athleticism or natural talent undersold, black athletes tend to have their intellect or worth ethic undersold - this is a well documented phenomenon in sports journalism to the point where it's a trope at this point and EVERYONE does it. He shouldn't have called the commentary racist because the term itself alienates people) and when he called Wonderboy's fans racist because he's a middle aged human that doesn't understand that twitter isn't the real world and people were literally calling him a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: and monkey and black piece of shit

The last part is the main question I’m wondered a lot about.

Internet trolls seek to go after the taboo.

Atheism (or anti-Christianity) used to be taboo when I was growing. So lots of early trolls trolled Christians online. Now that’s changed, as Christians have been mocked so much Christianity is hardly taken seriously anymore online.

Now insulting black people (especially using specific words) is taboo. So what do trolls do? Well, of course they do exactly that.

Now I get that this simplifies a complex problem. But we are at a weird spot in society where trolling people is popular, yet it seems if you troll a black person it’s not seen as trolling anymore but only racist.

But that’s just my point of view. It is true there are instances of pure racism that take place in the states, to and from both white and black people.

But I feel maybe if we can all take ourselves a touch less seriously now and then, and laugh at ourselves (or trolls) occasionally, it might help break down this cultural divide.

Poor Dana White boy!
In the lesser of two evils, I'mma pick Twood brah. Sorry

6JFvU6z0_400x400.png

The last part is the main question I’m wondered a lot about.

Internet trolls seek to go after the taboo.

Atheism (or anti-Christianity) used to be taboo when I was growing. So lots of early trolls trolled Christians online. Now that’s changed, as Christians have been mocked so much Christianity is hardly taken seriously anymore online.

Now insulting black people (especially using specific words) is taboo. So what do trolls do? Well, of course they do exactly that.

Now I get that this simplifies a complex problem. But we are at a weird spot in society where trolling people is popular, yet it seems if you troll a black person it’s not seen as trolling anymore but only racist.

But that’s just my point of view. It is true there are instances of pure racism that take place in the states, to and from both white and black people.

But I feel maybe if we can all take ourselves a touch less seriously now and then, and laugh at ourselves (or trolls) occasionally, it might help break down this cultural divide.

Sure.
But my point was Woodley is closer to 40 than 18.
This isn't a young dude who lives on the internet, this is an adult with a wife a bunch of kids who turns on his twitter to see a bunch of mentions about him being a monkey. He doesn't live online. To the people who are balls deep in meme culture they may react with incredulousness to being called racist for making racially insensitive jokes, because they believe anyone is fair game - but again... Woodley doesn't live on the internet lol, the dude probably still uses facebook

Red goof constantly bangs on about how for years now he has stopped worrying and caring about who wins a fight. I've heard him say as much in various interviews.

Yet 2x this year alone we've seen him have a temper tantrum when his new toy breaks.

Like CM Punk said about McMahon, he is a millionaire who could be a billionaire, but he would rather bite his clown nose to spite his face.

Sure.
But my point was Woodley is closer to 40 than 18.
This isn't a young dude who lives on the internet, this is an adult with a wife a bunch of kids who turns on his twitter to see a bunch of mentions about him being a monkey. He doesn't live online. To the people who are balls deep in meme culture they may react with incredulousness to being called racist for making racially insensitive jokes, because they believe anyone is fair game - but again... Woodley doesn't live on the internet lol, the dude probably still uses facebook

Another fair point, and honestly one I hadn’t fully considered.

Rather us 30+ like it or not, the age of the troll is at hand.

God help us all.

While Woodley's personality does suck IMO, Dana should be still promoting his champ.

He is a garbage promoter. Garbage.

Another fair point, and honestly one I hadn’t fully considered.

Rather us 30+ like it or not, the age of the troll is at hand.

God help us all.
For me I say

tenor.gif

As an under 30s human

I welcome trolls of all shapes and sizes

Why are people acting like Dana is still a mainstay at these press conferences? It’s not like it used to be, sometimes he is there sometimes he isn’t now. Not like the old days where they lineup all the fighters at once and he holds court.

Back