Yall Ever Seen Someone Get Hit With Type Hook

Joe never left the canvas did he? Floyd Patterson was well known for throwing his left hook with both feet off the canvas, it was dubbed the kangaroo punch and it damn near killed Johannsen. I've seen tyson lift both feet off the canvas in sparring and sometimes he'd lift one up in fights. Also, this move, remember two things, Pep was not a puncher and he was a 126 pounder.

Didn't Marciano throw a few leaping punches here and there too? The Gazelle punch or something?

Edit: ok so I guess it's similar to the kangaroo punch you mentioned from Patterson.

you know, floyd's may have been called the gazelle punch, i'm not sure, either way, floyd was pfp a very good puncher. strange how he's so overlooked.

Joe never left the canvas did he?

He could, and I think he did.

image.jpg

Seen that pic a million times. i guess the theory is, if you punch like that, you are in a bad position if you get hit, I don't know if it's that big of a deal. It's unorthodox yes, i remember roy jones pointing out how pernell whitaker took a lot of knockdowns because he lifted his lead foot to far off the ground, looked to be true. No one is perfect and no technique is infallible.

Man Lennox could punch.

Edit

The move doesn’t make sense to me. Why would you step left just to step back to throw the hook. It’s a huge Telegraph and you might step into a punch.

Unless you were slipping a jab but It would make more sense to slip to the leftt than step.

Also, I don’t understand where so many of these so called boxing coaches come from. Some of the guys don’t look like they know what they’re doing.
I love how Rahman's corner had just told him...

Keep lifting your arms when he punches, he can't hit you when you do that...

Next round Lewis trhows around his arms and crowns him.

Only thing is, Lewis doesn't step back to his right to throw this hook, so there's no V step. He steps left as he throws it to move Rahman to his right. It's a throwaway hook that puts him in position for the right hand.

A great KO though!

Back