Yall are forgetting who Jose Aldo is

lol Aldo has fought so many people better than Yan it's ridiculous.
People on Sherdog acting as if Yan is crazy, like something Aldo has never seen before, like Aldo cant prepare for him.

He's had camps for fight's w/ Mcgregor, Holloway, and plenty of other strikers believe me he is gonna be prepared to fight a fuckin boxer. (Not to mention he was teammates w/ prime Renan Barao)

It literally just depends on if he still has enough in the tank to bring out one more championship performance, if he does this fight should be Aldo's no doubt.
Exactly. Aldo is so much better than Yan, it just depends if he can muster enough for this one.

Aldo is hard to bully around the cage unless you are fucking Max Holloway. Even Volk stayed in the center for a lot of their fight. Its gonna be a lot of in-pocket exchanging. Aldo's jab is hard to get around and he has 3 inches on Yan. This is by and far the best boxer Yan has fought ever. Only way Aldo loses is if he's really washed. Which from the Moraes fight I don't think he is.

lets not forget either that aldo broke holloway´s brain (?)

Before the Volkanovski fight, Aldo was on a two fight win streak, and was the number 1 contender at FW.
He brutally KO'd Jeremy Stephens with a body shot and Renato Moicano with a flurry of punches.
These were two top 5 opponents, especially Moicano, who many believed to be the next champ.

He was on what many people said was a "rebirth".

Then he met Volkanovski. As we now know, Volkanovski is the best FW in the world. We didn't at the time, and people were calling Aldo washed up.
That isn't the case.
There is no shame in losing to Volk. Max is about to for the second time.
I would call the loss that Max just took to Volk more unanimous than the one Aldo took, as he took more damage.

He then went down to BW, and fought the number one contender, Marlon Moraes. Almost everyone on Sherdog thought that his weight cut was bad, and that he was going to get KO'd. He once again proved us wrong, and not only walked Marlon down, but also ate two switch kicks that would have put a lot of people away.

My point is, Aldo was on a two fight tear before he lost to Volk, and he basically drew with the number one contender Marlon.
He has fought better competition than Yan, while also having a 3 Inch reach advantage, and a 1 or 2 inch height advantage.

This guy, like it or not, is better than he has any right to be at this point in his career.
He may just have more longevity than Max himself, who would have thought it.

Even if he loses to Yan, do not let it fool you into thinking he is not top 3 in both BW and FW.

Jeremy Stephens top 5? ok bud...

You actually need a top 5 win or at least a couple of top 10 wins to get close to that.

Emmett, Choi and Melendez weren't even ranked top 10 when Stephens beat them (and they still aren't).

Jeremy is a fun gatekeeper. He's the Cerrone of the lighter weight classes.

Carneiro doesn't have any big wins either and got TKO'd right after the Aldo fight. He's worthy of being top 10 but definitely not top 5.

What exactly have you been smoking?

Top 3 in two classes? That's a bit much. And post the slip

Jeremy Stephens top 5? ok bud...

You actually need a top 5 win or at least a couple of top 10 wins to get close to that.

Emmett, Choi and Melendez weren't even ranked top 10 when Stephens beat them (and they still aren't).

Jeremy is a fun gatekeeper. He's the Cerrone of the lighter weight classes.

Carneiro doesn't have any big wins either and got TKO'd right after the Aldo fight. He's worthy of being top 10 but definitely not top 5.

What exactly have you been smoking?
Emmet and Choi by themselves are impressive wins, especially when we see what Emmet can do now.
I hate Jeremy Stephens, but god damn was he (just) top 5 when Aldo beat him.

Before the Volkanovski fight, Aldo was on a two fight win streak, and was the number 1 contender at FW.
He brutally KO'd Jeremy Stephens with a body shot and Renato Moicano with a flurry of punches.
These were two top 5 opponents, especially Moicano, who many believed to be the next champ.

He was on what many people said was a "rebirth".

Then he met Volkanovski. As we now know, Volkanovski is the best FW in the world. We didn't at the time, and people were calling Aldo washed up.
That isn't the case.
There is no shame in losing to Volk. Max is about to for the second time.
I would call the loss that Max just took to Volk more unanimous than the one Aldo took, as he took more damage.

He then went down to BW, and fought the number one contender, Marlon Moraes. Almost everyone on Sherdog thought that his weight cut was bad, and that he was going to get KO'd. He once again proved us wrong, and not only walked Marlon down, but also ate two switch kicks that would have put a lot of people away.

My point is, Aldo was on a two fight tear before he lost to Volk, and he basically drew with the number one contender Marlon.
He has fought better competition than Yan, while also having a 3 Inch reach advantage, and a 1 or 2 inch height advantage.

This guy, like it or not, is better than he has any right to be at this point in his career.
He may just have more longevity than Max himself, who would have thought it.

Even if he loses to Yan, do not let it fool you into thinking he is not top 3 in both BW and FW.
Seriously great post, TS.

Aldo is a great addition to the BW roster. And we know he's great, versatile and far from done.

Then we have this absolute stud Petr Yan, who is on a roll and tearing the best guys up...

What a great matchup! This is fucking exciting, can't wait!

Not forgetting. He also lost twice to Max. He came to 135 because he wasn't getting another title shot at 145. He also got a title shot over a guy who was ranked ahead of him, beat him and who'd come the closest to finishing the retired champ. Since his streak ended Aldo has lost to all the best fighters he faces, beat guys who wouldn't have earned title shots when he was champ.

I don't think Aldo deserves the shot, don't think he is the best 135'er. But think Yan didn't do enough to earn a title shot either, he beat Faber who had one comeback win, and hadn't been relevant like 5 or 6 years before that. Think they are giving Aldo his most winnable matchup among the elite 135'ers so he could be "champ champ". I know a lot of people think Yan's the best 135'er we'll see I don't think that hype train is justified yet. Part of why I'm frustrated by that is cause I think Aldo will win and will become double champ and get an accoldate I don't feel he deserves.

Sterling
Moraes
Sandhagan
Munhoz
Cody

If he fights all these guys see him going like 1-3? Aldo couldn't beat Max Holloway whose not really an insane striker. O Malley is the same size as Holloway, everyone else is at least his size and he's going to run into the same problems he had with Volk(whose smaller) against Cody and Munoz too. Already kinda did with Moraes. If he was still around I think Lineker could have KO'd Aldo.

He can beat Yan(based on what we've seen IMO) but going forward as champion I would be shocked if he defended.

Not forgetting. He also lost twice to Max. He came to 135 because he wasn't getting another title shot at 145. He also got a title shot over a guy who was ranked ahead of him, beat him and who'd come the closest to finishing the retired champ. Since his streak ended Aldo has lost to all the best fighters he faces, beat guys who wouldn't have earned title shots when he was champ.

I don't think Aldo deserves the shot, don't think he is the best 135'er. But think Yan didn't do enough to earn a title shot either, he beat Faber who had one comeback win, and hadn't been relevant like 5 or 6 years before that. Think they are giving Aldo his most winnable matchup among the elite 135'ers so he could be "champ champ". I know a lot of people think Yan's the best 135'er we'll see I don't think that hype train is justified yet. Part of why I'm frustrated by that is cause I think Aldo will win and will become double champ and get an accoldate I don't feel he deserves.

Sterling
Moraes
Sandhagan
Munhoz
Cody

If he fights all these guys see him going like 1-3? Aldo couldn't beat Max Holloway whose not really an insane striker. O Malley is the same size as Holloway, everyone else is at least his size and he's going to run into the same problems he had with Volk(whose smaller) against Cody and Munoz too. Already kinda did with Moraes. If he was still around I think Lineker could have KO'd Aldo.

He can beat Yan(based on what we've seen IMO) but going forward as champion I would be shocked if he defended.
You wasted your time writing this pile of shit buddy ngl

3437.jpg I know who Aldo is, he is the guy that got KOd stiff in 13 sec!

Seriously great post, TS.

Aldo is a great addition to the BW roster. And we know he's great, versatile and far from done.

Then we have this absolute stud Petr Yan, who is on a roll and tearing the best guys up...

What a great matchup! This is fucking exciting, can't wait!
Thanks mate, means a lot. This fight should be fun as shit, although for Aldo's sake I hope its not a war.

Back