Yall are forgetting who Jose Aldo is

Chael_Sonnen

I'm the reason Waldo is hiding.
@Black
Reaction score
Before the Volkanovski fight, Aldo was on a two fight win streak, and was the number 1 contender at FW.
He brutally KO'd Jeremy Stephens with a body shot and Renato Moicano with a flurry of punches.
These were two top 5 opponents, especially Moicano, who many believed to be the next champ.

He was on what many people said was a "rebirth".

Then he met Volkanovski. As we now know, Volkanovski is the best FW in the world. We didn't at the time, and people were calling Aldo washed up.
That isn't the case.
There is no shame in losing to Volk. Max is about to for the second time.
I would call the loss that Max just took to Volk more unanimous than the one Aldo took, as he took more damage.

He then went down to BW, and fought the number one contender, Marlon Moraes. Almost everyone on Sherdog thought that his weight cut was bad, and that he was going to get KO'd. He once again proved us wrong, and not only walked Marlon down, but also ate two switch kicks that would have put a lot of people away.

My point is, Aldo was on a two fight tear before he lost to Volk, and he basically drew with the number one contender Marlon.
He has fought better competition than Yan, while also having a 3 Inch reach advantage, and a 1 or 2 inch height advantage.

This guy, like it or not, is better than he has any right to be at this point in his career.
He may just have more longevity than Max himself, who would have thought it.

Even if he loses to Yan, do not let it fool you into thinking he is not top 3 in both BW and FW.

He's also an entrepreneur..

xfamous-burger_9370.jpg.pagespeed.ic.jtzDseCWn4.jpg

Before the Volkanovski fight, Aldo was on a two fight win streak, and was the number 1 contender at FW.
He brutally KO'd Jeremy Stephens with a body shot and Renato Moicano with a flurry of punches.
These were two top 5 opponents, especially Moicano, who many believed to be the next champ.

Then he met Volkanovski. As we now know, Volkanovski is the best FW in the world. We didn't at the time, and people were calling Aldo washed up.
That isn't the case.
I would call the loss that Max just took to Volk more unanimous than the one Aldo took, as he took more damage.

He then went down to BW, and fought the number one contender, Marlon Moraes. Almost everyone on Sherdog thought that his weight cut was bad, and that he was going to get KO'd. He once again proved us wrong, and not only walked Marlon down, but also ate two switch kicks that would have put a lot of people away.

My point is, Aldo was on a two fight tear before he lost to Volk, and he basically drew with the number one contender Marlon.
He has fought better competition than Yan, while also having a 3 Inch reach advantage, and a 1 or 2 inch height advantage.

This guy, like it or not, is better than he has any right to be at this point in his career.

Even if he loses to Yan, do not let it fool you into thinking he is not top 3 in both BW and FW.
If I had 3 votes for GOAT, Aldo would get one. His domination for 10 years was comparable to Silva Fedor and Jones. Very exciting to watch every time!

Aldo is mean man, I remember back in his WEC days with all those crazy leg kicks to Faber. I never count him out for the exact same reasons you posted.

Too old to be wearing a backwards cap!

Next he'll be rocking a pair of Jordans..........

Speaking of shoes .. especially with all the sales going on

Feel like all the shoes made today are complete junk !! Paper thin and get worn very easily ..

That's all I got
<MikeP1>

Aldo is a god. I just don't think he looks good at BW. He arguably beat Moraes because he's Jose fucking Aldo, not because BW is a good fit. That isn't how Aldo fights. He doesn't take one to land one and get taken down like that.

Prime Aldo at FW dusts Moraes inside two rounds at best, 50-45's him at worst.

If I had 3 votes for GOAT, Aldo would get one. His domination for 10 years was comparable to Silva Fedor and Jones. Very exciting to watch every time!

If i had one vote, it goes to Aldo.

Not sure what the point of this thread is.

But I agree. Aldo is fucking amazing.

That isn't the case.

He's on the downside of his career. I don't like the idea of him fighting at this weight. I think Yan will destroy him but I love Aldo. He's one of my favorite fighters. The guy is great and his fights are must watch.

That isn't the case.

lol Aldo has fought so many people better than Yan it's ridiculous.
People on Sherdog acting as if Yan is crazy, like something Aldo has never seen before, like Aldo cant prepare for him.

He's had camps for fight's w/ Mcgregor, Holloway, and plenty of other strikers believe me he is gonna be prepared to fight a fuckin boxer. (Not to mention he was teammates w/ prime Renan Barao)

It literally just depends on if he still has enough in the tank to bring out one more championship performance, if he does this fight should be Aldo's no doubt.

Last edited:
Back