1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Y'all ain't ready for Alexandr Shabliy...he's going to beat multiple top 5 UFC LWs

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by TFK20, Nov 12, 2020.

1. TFK20 Orange Belt

Was ecstatic when I heard the news about the UFC signing this beast

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...-to-make-debut-dec-19.4146436/#post-162584075

He may already be past his prime as he's been in a lot of wars but this is one of the very best strikers in all of MMA and is no slouch as a grappler either.

ACA shits all over Bellator/ONE in terms of talent and I hope the UFC sign more of their guys.

Abdul-Aziz Abdulvakhabov (ACA's current LW champ) is the one guy I always thought would beat Khabib. I've picked Khabib in every single one of his UFC fights but I think AAA is easily his worst matchup and would provide a clinic in defensive wrestling and clinch fighting.

2. Feniamin Brown Belt

So what is Shabliy's connection to ACA? He never fought for them, had 3 fights in ACB in 2016-2017. If you think ACA = ACB and WFCA, then you should remember that aside from Yan and Magomedsharipov guys like Safarov, Bibulatov, Antigulov went to UFC from there and their record in UFC is not very good. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if stats will show that majority of their guys (in last years) has bad records in UFC and worse than, for example, M-1 guys.
    Have you seen last fight of AAA? Against Sarnavskiy, I haven't seen AAA fights in years but judging by comments he won a questionable decision and personally I think Sarnavskiy is past his prime. Like, already years past his prime.

3. TFK20 Orange Belt

AAA himself may be past it too

He also hadn't fought for a year so I think ring rust may have been a factor too