Yair Rodriguez and Bruce leeroy have no punching power at all. They need a boxing coach!

You little skinny fat turds need to consider that you can really criticize anything about anyone's style.

Not everyone's game is KO power

e.g. many, many fighters in combat sports

How dare you question the expertise of a sherdog warrior.

No need to be rude. If we can't offer our thoughts on a forum dedicated to MMA what is the point?

I don't really care much about alex. He is pretty clearly a journeyman at this point.

But Yair obviously isn't hitting that hard with his strikes, and this is a problem for a prospect. It isn't so much a matter of KO power, but if doesn't have the ability to make the top 10 fighters respect his strikes, they will walk straight through him.

You don't need to be a genius to know that there is a problem when someone connects with a dozen head kicks and the other fighter stays standing there might be some cause for concern.

Also, I ain't saying anything that several pro fighters have already said publicly.

What was rude?

You mean when you pretended to know how to fight better than a professional fighter?

Other fighters publicly said that yair and caceres should learn how to box better?

Could you tell me their names plz

What was rude?

You mean when you pretended to know how to fight better than a professional fighter?

Other fighters publicly said that yair and caceres should learn how to box better?

Could you tell me their names plz

Michael Bisping and Kenny Florian, to name two.

You are getting really out of joint over this. Are you related to Yair or something?

I'll tell you why I loved that fight. In 1993-4 when I was about 14 and I thought Bruce Lee and Van Damme were just the greatest with Blood Sport still being my most favorite movie of all time, I was walking through Hollywood Video (for the youngens, Hollywood Video was a place that had hundreds of VHS tapes and people would go there to browse and check one out for 2 - 5 days).

It was in that context that I first saw a UFC VHS on the shelf and read the bac and it was like my dreams had come true! There really was a blood sport! I think like most people who rented a UFC from the video store in the early 90s, I imagined the fighting would be two guys throwing jump kicks and spin kicks etc. But alas, it was not that. It was still awesome, but not that.

Well Caceres vs Rodriguez is what I was imagining at 14...albeit, in my imagination the strikes did actually have power.

Back