Yair Rodriguez and Bruce leeroy have no punching power at all. They need a boxing coach!

Leroy Jenkins

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seriously wtf.....There punches were so weak, sure they were throwing often and from weird angles but maybe they should take some boxing lessons so they have some power.

i loved the fight, but i agree, no punching power...

They should take some karate lessons. From Olympic level guys who are used to their type of style.

its mma you can do a lot of different stuff, do they ever do that backhand in boxing?

That's what you get with all the spinny shit. Yair tries to fight like he's in a movie and he needs to better pick his spots for it. It's not realistic to fight that way over five rounds and he obviously lost power on his strikes as the fight wore on. Caceres has always fought out of control. It's why his record is what it is.

Yup
Pretty much spot on

Even watching them train mitts you could tell they lack technique and power

At least Alex Caceres can punch Yair has like no hands at all and only threw backfists he kept walking in guard down right into Caceres straights.

I think these are their coaches.

giphy.gif

Seriously wtf.....There punches were so weak, sure they were throwing often and from weird angles but maybe they should take some boxing lessons so they have some power.

They don't have a boxing style. They would have to sit on their punches for power, which is counter to their natural bouncy style.

You little skinny fat turds need to consider that you can really criticize anything about anyone's style.

Not everyone's game is KO power

e.g. many, many fighters in combat sports

For one Caceres is a huge fucking 145er, guy can eat a shot.

You little skinny fat turds need to consider that you can really criticize anything about anyone's style.

Not everyone's game is KO power

e.g. many, many fighters in combat sports

I respectfully disagree. Both of their games would be much improved not by stopping with the flashing spitting stuff, but by sitting down on some of their strikes and mixing it up.

Yair in particular is so variable that he is weirdly predictable. Any of the strong wrestle-boxers at FW will time him and run through him with ease as things stand.

I respectfully disagree. Both of their games would be much improved not by stopping with the flashing spitting stuff, but by sitting down on some of their strikes and mixing it up.

Yair in particular is so variable that he is weirdly predictable. Any of the strong wrestle-boxers at FW will time him and run through him with ease as things stand.

So these professionals should stunt their own style of combat sports to adhere to your inexperienced suggestion?

Dude caceres used to train with my trainer El Tigre down here in Miami. His gym at ATT also has some cuban boxers come by and his trainer now is also a solid boxing coach. Him training w ith Jorge Rubio would help but he's fine. Rubio would probably make him a lot better though, that guy sharpened up my hands like crazy and showed me stuff I never knew.

For one Caceres is a huge fucking 145er, guy can eat a shot.
Yeah Alex is tall in real life he doesnt seem like a featherweight hardly, he's a lanky dude tho part of the reason he doesn't pack that much power in his punches.

They don't have a boxing style. They would have to sit on their punches for power, which is counter to their natural bouncy style.
This. They have chosen speed & mobility as opposed to power. It fits their style. Would people even advise Maia to go back to his K1 ways?

So these professionals should stunt their own style of combat sports to adhere to your inexperienced suggestion?

No need to be rude. If we can't offer our thoughts on a forum dedicated to MMA what is the point?

I don't really care much about alex. He is pretty clearly a journeyman at this point.

But Yair obviously isn't hitting that hard with his strikes, and this is a problem for a prospect. It isn't so much a matter of KO power, but if doesn't have the ability to make the top 10 fighters respect his strikes, they will walk straight through him.

You don't need to be a genius to know that there is a problem when someone connects with a dozen head kicks and the other fighter stays standing there might be some cause for concern.

Also, I ain't saying anything that several pro fighters have already said publicly.

I completely agree they are 100% flashy with 0 power behind everything they throw.

Back