Yahoo Article Claims Sonnen Racist

Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly, all these articles from Yahoo about Chael make me think they're just trying to smear him cause he's not in the ufc anymore.

haven't seen em grandstanding about Colby, or Mike Perry and Cowboy's love of the use of the n-word.

Problem is he left UFC years ago...
They started after he retired from MMA (Bellator), for some reason.

Anita-Sarkeesian.jpg
I miss anita and all the hilarious videos her bullshit spawned

What is she doin now days ?

my fave was when she bitched about batmans cape covering his butt

I hope she got fat

Sonnen plays up to his fan base. He might not use the most politically correct vocabulary but he's not racist.

His supporters are another question....

Did Chael fuck someone's wife at Yahoo sports ?

They've been doing nothing but spitting venom since The American Gangster retired.

Seriously, what’s going on there? Even if you have a problem with Chael, isn’t there other things to write about over there?

Problem is he left UFC years ago...
They started after he retired from MMA (Bellator), for some reason.

i realize this, but all those three fighters i mentioned have said shit that's way worse, but no one dares comment on it or they'll get their credentials revoked by the ufc.

Meanwhile people(mainly black people) call white folks inbred, cavedweller,pig fuckers.etc etc on Facebook and get tons of likes. Anyone @ me.
aww poor little white boy! youre so oppressed!!

somebody called you names on facebook!!

Sonnen is not racist but he will do just about anything for money including (like Conor) talking about peoples family, religion, Country, & so forth.

Tito can't stand him for this reason. These guys talk disrespectful trash online then behind closed doors say it is only business. You want to talk about fake. Of course there are many nitwits who actually encourage this kind of behavior. As Trump would say, "sad".

I miss anita and all the hilarious videos her bullshit spawned

What is she doin now days ?

my fave was when she bitched about batmans cape covering his butt

I hope she got fat

I have zero idea. Think she faded away since she never actually produced anything of value with the money she received.

And to give you some joy on a Monday one of the top auto completes when searching her name in Google was got fat. :)

i realize this, but all those three fighters i mentioned have said shit that's way worse, but no one dares comment on it or they'll get their credentials revoked by the ufc.

Yes but a lot of the things Sonnen said happened years ago.
Yahoo could have brought it up after he left the UFC.
But they did not.
I dont think Yahoo would lose credentials for trashing Sonnen while in Bellator.

the white man is the most discriminated against creature on this earth!

despite holding the vast overwhelming majority of wealth, power and control over the media, were so oppressed!!

those soy boys tryna hold da white man down n shhiieettt !!

I wouldn't say racist but he knew his fanbase was mostly white guys.

Chael Sonnen popularity wasn't just because of the trolling, it was because alot of the UFC Fanbase hated Anderson Silva...I know Anderson Silva gets lots of love today but that wasn't the case back when Sonnen faced em..Silva was legit hated....Then Came Sonnen, talked shit about him/Brazil/etc.....The UFC Fanbase loved it, the fanbase, specially back then was mostly Young White guys.

Sonnen was suppose to be the hero who was suppose to save the UFC from Anderson Silva.....Boi were they wrong lol.

He even called himself a republican and called himself the American gangster, very appealing to the Young American White guy fanbase....Not saying that's not who he is, but that probably appeals to American Young white guys who follow him.

Im not sure if Chael ever said anything racist(he did say Brazil Jokes) but I believe he knew his fanbase was made up of many Merrican racist....Which is why he also talked shit about brazil/japan, it appeals to the typical Merrican racist.
This is so over analyzing simple trash talk South American talk shit about each other countries all the time when it come to soccer
no racism there.

Dominican, Cubans and Puerto Ricans talk a lot of trash about each other countries when it come to baseball, no racism there is simple trash talk.

Btw Silva started getting hate after the Mia performance. Nothing to do with being black or Brazilian

Can't stand Kevin Iole. The guy looks like a completely shaven orangutan.

Yes but a lot of the things Sonnen said happened years ago.
Yahoo could have brought it up after he left the UFC.
But they did not.
I dont think Yahoo would lose credentials for trashing Sonnen while in Bellator.

That's my point, the only reason they're taking pot shots at chael is because he was in bellator, and therefore free game.

Chael Sonnen popularity wasn't just because of the trolling, it was because alot of the UFC Fanbase hated Anderson Silva...I know Anderson Silva gets lots of love today but that wasn't the case back when Sonnen faced em..Silva was legit hated....Then Came Sonnen, talked shit about him/Brazil/etc.....The UFC Fanbase loved it, the fanbase, specially back then was mostly Young White guys.

Sonnen was suppose to be the hero who was suppose to save the UFC from Anderson Silva.....Boi were they wrong lol.

He even called himself a republican and called himself the American gangster, very appealing to the Young American White guy fanbase....Not saying that's not who he is, but that probably appeals to American Young white guys who follow him.

Im not sure if Chael ever said anything racist(he did say Brazil Jokes) but I believe he knew his fanbase was made up of many Merrican racist....Which is why he also talked shit about brazil/japan, it appeals to the typical Merrican racist.
You know dude in your av said the n word, just saying.

Chael did make some racist comments in the leadup to the rematch with Andy. So it's not unjustified to call Chael racist.

Chael did make some racist comments in the leadup to the rematch with Andy. So it's not unjustified to call Chael racist.

I dunno. I always saw the character he played (and that's what it was; a character) as a very clear and transparent parody, or even a satire, on what you're describing.

I mean, the guy actually said that his first loss to Silva was "a misunderstanding of the rules" because "the way I thought it worked was that if you tapped, you lost that round; so I thought what they would do is they would go to the judges' decision, they'd go four rounds to one, we'd go home, and I'd be a the new champion."

I mean, do we believe he thought that? Do we even believe he actually expects us to believe he thought that?

Or is he just playing the character of an idiot? And if he's playing the character of an idiot, and that idiot happens to be racist... then isn't that an ANTI racist satire?

I mean... did we think Stephan Colbert was racist when he was doing his shtick on The Colbert Report? Of course, some people did. And sure, some people who actually held the views that he was parodying thought he was actually agreeing with them. But those were stupid people. On both sides.

Anyone with any sort of intelligence could catch the MULTIPLE hints that Colbert threw out that his character was a satire on a line of thought with which he disagreed. The same holds true for Chael. It's not like he's subtle about it.

Woodley never mentioned Chael being racist
And Tyron is sensitive about that shit

That's my point, the only reason they're taking pot shots at chael is because he was in bellator, and therefore free game.

Is it? Why wait to he retired?
They could have done this years ago.
But for some reason Yahoo starts when he retires.
This has nothing to do with him being in Bellator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back