XTrainer's Log: It's important to pack on mass.

XTrainer

Red Belt
Reaction score
About time I started a log. I kept a very loose log on St. Wilhelm's for awhile, but that one kinda faded away because those forums don't get along with my browser very well.

So...
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/#http://www.sherdog.net/forums/#
Height: 6'
Weight: 200

(All lifts in lbs)

Deadlift: 590
Chin Up: BW+170 (from dead hang)
Pull Up: BW+155 (dead hang)
Front Squat: 375
Power Clean: 286
Press ("Strict SOHP"): 216
Squat, Low Bar, Full Depth (well beyond parallel): 403
Bench Press: 305
Push Press: 262

That's about it. I'd appreciate any advice or input.

Last edited:
I hear ya on the 3in above parallel that I thought was parallel for a whole year"

Today

Deadlift
5x135
3x225
1x315
1x375
1x415 PR
Then a bunch of 365s, then 335s, then 365s, then 335s, then 315s.

Pull Ups/Chins
1xBW
1xBW+45
1xBW+90lbs (Done it before, but this was from a definite dead hang).
3xBW+70lbs
5xBW+45lbs
5xBW+25lbs
8xBW

Some curls and other frivolity. I'm doing a ton of burpees within the hour, then some core work later.

Oh crap, did some serious plyos in martial arts last night, and I was already wiped out from burpees. :(

Today
Morning GPP (10 Rep Push Up/Squat ladder)

Tabata Sprints
5:00 Cooldown run

Mostly a rest day.

Today

Ever have one of those days where you hit the gym just FULL of stress? Today was one of those days. Not great lifting, but most of these I hadn't done in awhile.

Clean and Jerk
135x1
155x1
185x.5 (Got clean, missed jerk)
155x2
165x1
135x3 (One clean, 3 presses)

Dumbell Snatches
Some heavyish stuff (85s, 90s), then-
3x3 (Each arm, sets of 6) 70s

Random: 15 CHINS

Strict One Arm Dumbbell Press
3x3 50lbs

Finisher-5 Pull Ups+5 Clap Push Ups+5 40lb dumbbell swings (one arm) X4 (Almost no rest)

Did some cuban presses at the end.

Ab work: 18 leg raises (feet to bar), 15 leg raises (feet to paralell), 15 knee raises.

Probably do some cardio later.

Today

Came in a little tired. Between martial arts, some archery, and (push) lawn mowing, I was active from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM with almost no rest and poorly planned meals. Weekends are tough.

ATG Squats
Deeper than ever, but lousy weight. Some 225s for reps, Did a 245 single after those. Nothing spectacular. My ATG squats are really quite humbling after throwing up well over 300 for paralell or near paralell squats. Oh well. Someone stop my whining...

BB Step-Ups
3x5(Both legs) 165-I could have used quite a bit more weight here. Next time I'll bump it up to 185 I think.

Farmer Walks/140lb dumbbell SLDL deadlifts X4

A few snatch grip SL deads for grip strength.

V-Ups w/45lb plate: 3x25, plus some Russian twists and chinnies to finish.

I'm gonna hurt tomorrow...

17...uh oh...people usually ask that when they perceive youthful stupidity afoot.

We're about the same age, those are some strong pullups and deadlifts.

Thanks, if only I could make something happen with my bench, and get outta the hole in the squat!

Today

Good benching day! Now my sticking point has moved up about 3in. I'm kind of happy about that, actually.

Pause Rep Bench
(Warm ups not paused)
3x135
1x185

1x200-Pause rep PR
0x205-OOO, so close. Would have had it for sure if not for the previous 200.
195x1
195x1
195x1
195x1
195x1

Dumbbell Incline Press
4x3 65lbs was my goal, but got a little burnt out near the end. Close, though.

Upper Half Benching/Grip in (tricep emphasis)
Some random stuff with 225 on the bar. Feeling pretty beat at this point.

Dip/Pull-Up Ladder
5 Dips/5 Pull ups, 4 Dips/4 Pull ups...finished it.

Neutral Grip Dumbbell Bench
40lbsx13 reps-shooting for 20 reps, but tired.

Telle Flyes
30lbs, 12 reps, 2 sets.

Overall, felt really good. Going for that 215 PR next week.

17...uh oh...people usually ask that when they perceive youthful stupidity afoot.

Nice journal, XTrainer. I didn't realize you were quite THAT young. I'm very impressed at your nutrition and training knowledge for only being 17. That shows a lot of dedication and intelligence. Keep on this path and you'll be an amazing force to deal with! Good work, Bro!

Today

Rather tired today. Believe it or not, doing an hour of kicking drills the day after a squat day is not as smart as it first seems.

Other than my morning GPP (a push up/BW squat ladder), the most I'll be doing today is an LSD recovery session.

Since ghostwipe was confused, I'll clarify. LSD in this case does not refer to the drug. It refers to long, slow, duration activity (like a leisurely 3 mile jog).

OHS have helped with flexibility and i just recently started doing pause squats and they seemed to work really well already so i'll see how it goes in a few weeks.

the most I'll be doing today is an LSD recovery session.

Whoah... what's that like? Aren't you a little young to be messing around with that stuff?

EDIT: It means "long, slow, duration (cardio)"
--XT

Last edited by a moderator:
Back