Xmas movies. Are you watching them...what is it? Favorite? What are you watching?

1. Christmas Vacation
2. Love Actually
3. The Muppet Christmas Carol

I love the Patrick Stewart version of Christmas Carrol, but for pure fun nothing beats Muppets and Bill Murray.

Christmas Vacation is one of my favorites, but so is Bad Santa, Christmas Story, Elf, Nightmare before christmas and Home Alone.

Also I try to watch these movies set around Christmas time.

Die Hard
Gremlins
Batman Returns.

The only one I've watched so far is the colorized version of Miracle on 34th Street.

i love Bad Santa since i saw it as a freshman in college in '03. hilarious.

When that movie came out on dvd, I got the Badder Santa version. It has a segment where he steals a car, goes to the owners house, eats his food, robs him, shits in the toilet, then drops his eaten chicken drumstick into the shit filled broken toilet.

How known is this outstanding scene?

The Grinch Cartoon, Home Alone, Its a Wonderful Life, Bad Santa

Works like an absolute dream when you're staying home with a girl, like you wouldn't believe.

This is one of my wife's favorite movies and I can attest to this.

The only christmas movie me and the wife make a point to watch is Elf. The first year we were together we watched it when we were putting up the christmas tree and she decided to make it a tradition.

Thus far I've watched

The Bishop's Wife
It's a wonderful life
Love Actually
Ron Howards Grinch movie
Elf

and the good ol Thrillhouse family tradition - Christmas Vacation

every year its watched at least twice or it just aint Christmas

Hopefully can watch the animated grinch movie, Die Hard, and maybe a Christmas Story

Yeah think the number 1 for me as a kid was Home Alone 2. Dat nail on the stairs

Christmas Vacation is on netflix so been watching that. Also Bad Santa

Tired of Grinch and Frosty and those. Most of the contemporary ones I don't like, except Elf.

There used to be a cinephile theatre that would show "The Dead" at Christmastime. Nothing like the other movies, but an awesome film.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092843/

Tired of Grinch and Frosty and those. Most of the contemporary ones I don't like, except Elf.

There used to be a cinephile theatre that would show "The Dead" at Christmastime. Nothing like the other movies, but an awesome film.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092843/

never saw it but i read Dubliners back in college- Joyce is a boss- and that story is one of the two that stood out to me the most. would definitely like to check out the film.

anyone who doesn't love Elf is a cotton-headed ninny-muggins IMO.

I liked Elf the first time I saw in in theaters but it just hasn't held up well IMO, to the point where I just don't care to watch it now.

Back