Xmas drinking guide - How to drink whiskey like a sir

I don't like the stuff. Worst hangovers and non enjoyable flavour. Give me vodka and beer any day.

All hangovers are shitty.... it's crazy to me how people have so many mythologies built around alcohol. 'If i drink tequila I act like...." " If I drink wine, hangovers are...."

Vodka is flavorless.... it's a neutral spirit

Beer is excellent. Too many calories to be drinking all the time though.

real men drink whiskey.
to this day I believe if I found the condescending chick later that night, after she was drunk, her tone would have been different.

nevertheless, whiskey & scotch for me only. my girl always bruises my feelings when she yells about how nasty my whiskey breath would be the following morning.

ever try brushing your teeth when super drunk? shit is the worst.

lol

"I love whiskey"

what kind?

"Whiskey/Coke"

giphy.gif

"Bourbon is awesome! I love Jim Beam!"

to this day I believe if I found the condescending chick later that night, after she was drunk, her tone would have been different.

nevertheless, whiskey & scotch for me only. my girl always bruises my feelings when she yells about how nasty my whiskey breath would be the following morning.

ever try brushing your teeth when super drunk? shit is the worst.

lol? that's a weird observation. not sure ive ever noticed anything off when brushing my teeth drunk which I have done many many times lol.

All hangovers are shitty.... it's crazy to me how people have so many mythologies built around alcohol. 'If i drink tequila I act like...." " If I drink wine, hangovers are...."

The ultimate hangover cure is sleep, time and percocets.

lol. swap the percocets with some green and you've got a winning formula. painkillers are poison bro
I disagree maybe taking multiples daily is but 1 after a huge night of partying is proper use of medication.

lol? that's a weird observation. not sure ive ever noticed anything off when brushing my teeth drunk which I have done many many times lol.

when I get home I want to pass the fuck out on my bed sometimes, clothes on & all. it's my place. but when the bird makes a stink about it, to freshen up before bed, it can become a challenge. just little shit we bicker about.

when I get home I want to pass the fuck out on my bed sometimes, clothes on & all. it's my place. but when the bird makes a stink about it, to freshen up before bed, it can become a challenge. just little shit we bicker about.

Lol. I hate sleeping with clothes on. I ALWAYS shower when super fucked up. It always makes me feel better and I hate the feeling of being too drunk while laying down and getting the spins. It's the absolute worst.

Is it true about the water? I've never been able to enjoy sipping whiskey, because I just never liked liquor straight, unless I was doing shots. That's why I just do a vodka mixer mainly.

I have a bunch of friends that are supposed connesuiers, but they basically pour it in a tumbler with a couple ice cubes. Does smelling it like a wine and all that other crap enhance the experience?

You don't have to be a fucking expert on whiskey to enjoy it. I love scotch and whiskey - neat, no water or anything.

If you ask me about the fuckin history of who makes it and name dropping expensive shit Then I'm not gonna be very helpful.

Not sure when it became a thing that to enjoy good booze you had to fuckin know everything about it. Fuckin hipsters. Their palates are always shit too - hey man do you taste the agave in the beer? No? Weird I do.

No you don't. Fuck you and your agave suckin ass.

Thumbnail on the video shows a bottle of Whyte & Mackay, I'm not fuckin watching that. What the fuck is this? How to drink whisk(e)y like a "sir" and they're drinking fuckin blends? Piss off.

Here's my guide:

Get a nice single malt. Pour it into a Glencairn glass. Raise to your nose, take a short breath in through your nose, a slightly longer sniff the second time, and then a proper nosing to get the aroma. Transfer glass to lips. Sip. Repeat.

I can't decide whether the culture of men who pretend to know a shred about Whiskey and that it makes them men is more annoying or stupid. Drink it however you want. I bet you use shitty glassware anyway.

Any alcoholic beverage is a compound of myriad chemicals, unless you're drinking Everclear or something. Some drinks have higher amounts of esters, cogeners, fusel oils &c. which all contribute to somewhat varied effects on the consumer.

As a proud owner of the infamous Irish tan, coupled with a hereditary tendency towards rosacea, I can tell you now that different drinks can produce tangible, visual physical differing effects.

Any alcoholic beverage is a compound of myriad chemicals, unless you're drinking Everclear or something. Some drinks have higher amounts of esters, cogeners, fusel oils &c. which all contribute to somewhat varied effects on the consumer.

As a proud owner of the infamous Irish tan, coupled with a hereditary tendency towards rosacea, I can tell you now that different drinks can produce tangible, visual physical differing effects.

Your second paragraph does not make sense.

Your second paragraph does not make sense.

I'm a little drunk. Sorry. That time of year. I'm saying I'm a pasty white Irishman, who when imbibing certain particular drinks one can see the effects in a tangible manner (rosacea) whereas other drinks don't produce this effect. It's due a lot to those other elements I mentioned in the first part of the post.

Back