XENA: WARRIOR PRINCESS Reboot in the Works at NBC

Xena Sharapova would be fun...but i can't believe you posted Brienne, Db. that's fucked up

Maria-sharapova-34.jpg

This pic does inspire the role of 2nd rate, sidekick Gabrielle though. Although the lack of ass might even be too disturbing for that role.

Oh wow I'm surprised that I didn't think of Gwen Cristie. I think she might be perfect. That bitchy nun is hot btw. Never seen her outside her show outfit.

That giant skipped leg day.

That nun could be Hera or something. This was the original Hera.

latest

latest

Last edited:
Some more Xena costume pics. *drool*

Xena.jpg

xpc2002_04april_4.jpg

XENAINHERC.JPG

tumblr_n656z7zJwo1sccqsdo1_1280.jpg

xpc-0208-005.jpg

tumblr_n5ozv3B4Xb1snp9uao1_1280.jpg

Samurai Xena is always Ippy's favorite Xena.

Nomnomnomnomnom....

Samurai Xena is always Ippy's favorite Xena.

Nomnomnomnomnom....

Yeah, it's TV god(ess) status hot, IMO. What in the entirety of TV history comes close or is in the same league?

Completely ignoring their traditional hair colors and such....

I think if she wasn't all busy with Agents of Shield and Inhumans stuff, Chloe Bennett would be a good Gabrielle, half-Asianness aside. She's young, in incredible shape, has proven she could do action, and gorgeous.

I can't really think of a great Xena though. They need all of my fantasy Gabrielle casting's qualities, only just slightly less young. They need to be like mid-to-late 30's. Maybe Yvonne Strahovski? Strahovsk's a decent actress, but since this is the campy Xena, she doesn't necessarily need to bring her A game. If Antje Traue was taller and hired a good accent coach, I'd say she could pull off a more serious version of Xena.

If I was confident that Tricia Helfer could do action (all of her roles are generally seduction/femme fatale ones) I'd say she could be Callisto. Maybe Aphrodite is more for her?

I'm not all too familiar with her acting skills, but I think Alexandra Daddario would be a perfect fit. She's 5'8" which is not too short and with some added illusions could be made to look taller. Lucy being 5'9.5". She has some decent shoulders, both sexy and warrior-like. She isn't as perfectly proportionate as Lucy face-wise, but still really far above average. She exudes sexiness in abundance, which is a very big part of the Xena (show) appeal. And the action scenes in those skimpy outfits have the potential to surpass the original. She also has the right physical color scheme going on and a natural fierceness with those eyes of hers.

My only issues with Daddario are that she's too young (or at least just looks it) and she doesn't have the same ability to intimidate as Lawless. When Lawless wanted to, she could look menacing. Daddario couldn't pull that off if she tried. Daddario is more suited to an Aphrodite-style role, at least when it comes to Xena.

One of the reasons I chose Strahovski is because she can be intimidating when need be.

Completely ignoring their traditional hair colors and such....

I think if she wasn't all busy with Agents of Shield and Inhumans stuff, Chloe Bennett would be a good Gabrielle, half-Asianness aside. She's young, in incredible shape, has proven she could do action, and gorgeous.

I don't know, I don't think Ive ever seen her abs. You can't be Gabrielle withoit a really good set of abs.

I can't really think of a great Xena though. They need all of my fantasy Gabrielle casting's qualities, only just slightly less young. They need to be like mid-to-late 30's. Maybe Yvonne Strahovski? Strahovsk's a decent actress, but since this is the campy Xena, she doesn't necessarily need to bring her A game. If Antje Traue was taller and hired a good accent coach, I'd say she could pull off a more serious version of Xena.

Out of currently working actresses my vote would go to Rachel Nichols. She's 35 years old, 5'10'', absurdly hot and Continuum has shown that she can do action very well and looks amazing with dark brown hair.

Absent that, I think I would prefer an unknown for the part. That way we could get someone who better matches the looks and physicality of the part without trying to shoehorn a currently known actress into the part.

So what would be the casting call be like?

Beautiful, athletic Caucasian woman in her mid-20s to mid-30s, must be at least 5'10'' tall or taller. Must be able to project authority and menace, but also charisma.

Lucy was 27 when she started with Xena, she has a 'mature' face, but Xena doesn't have to be in her 30's, IMO.

Daddario looks too soft imho. But what the hell its tv

Lucy wasn't exactly a ripped fitness model. And if need be, Alexendra could do some lifting, bro.

I don't know, I don't think Ive ever seen her abs. You can't be Gabrielle withoit a really good set of abs.

I agree. We need to see Chloe Bennett naked to determine if she's the right woman for the role....

Out of currently working actresses my vote would go to Rachel Nichols. She's 35 years old, 5'10'', absurdly hot and Continuum has shown that she can do action very well and looks amazing with dark brown hair.

How could I forget about my crush!?

I've seen Continuum from start to finish, and I can't believe I didn't think of her. She's perfect for the role for all of the reasons you stated.

Side note: I regret not dating her lookalike at my job when I had the chance.

Absent that, I think I would prefer an unknown for the part. That way we could get someone who better matches the looks and physicality of the part without trying to shoehorn a currently known actress into the part.

So what would be the casting call be like?

Beautiful, athletic Caucasian woman in her mid-20s to mid-30s, must be at least 5'10'' tall or taller. Must be able to project authority and menace, but also charisma.

I agree with all of this.

Daddario looks too soft imho. But what the hell its tv
Yeah, that's what I was going for. Daddario looks too soft. Her facial features make her perfect for Aphrodite.

Lucy was 27 when she started with Xena, she has a 'mature' face, but Xena doesn't have to be in her 30's, IMO.

That's what I meant by "Daddario's too young or just looks it". Lucy Lawless has one of those faces that suggests she's older than she actually is (I wouldn't say that too her face, though) when younger, but works out for her nowadays in that she still basically looks the same as she did 15 years ago.

Lucy wasn't exactly a ripped fitness model. And if need be, Alexendra could do some lifting, bro.

I think he means her looks and general demeanor. She just looks soft.

Xena needs to be fucking menacing. She needs sharp features.

You know who would've made a good Gabrielle? Caity Lotz.

She's freaking gorgeous, she can do all of her own stunts, she can do sweet wide-eyed idealist perfectly and you can practically grate cheese on those abs.

534055490.jpg

Yeah, that's what I was going for. Daddario looks too soft. Her facial features make her perfect for Aphrodite.

A little training and losing a bit of weight would make her look more lean in her a face. Emphasis on a little.

That's what I meant by "Daddario's too young or just looks it". Lucy Lawless has one of those faces that suggests she's older than she actually is (I wouldn't say that too her face, though) when younger, but works out for her nowadays in that she still basically looks the same as she did 15 years ago.

The story doesn't have to start at the exact same point as the original series. It would probably be more interesting if they did a different take on it, which could be a younger Xena. Would be a practical and artistically responsible choice, IMO.

I think he means her looks and general demeanor. She just looks soft.

Xena needs to be fucking menacing. She needs sharp features.

That's acting, bro. Maybe Daddario can switch it up and be a whole lot more menacing. You shouldn't judge her by previous performances if those weren't anywhere near what she would have to be with Xena.

Also, soft faces can be menacing, just need dem acting chops.

But like I said, I'm not all too familiar with her acting skills, so it's all hypothetical for me.

Back