Xbox Official Xbox Series X thread

Hit a bit of a snag. I have a 1440p monitor that supports 120hz. It looks like the two games I tried don't work. Both Halo and Ori support 4k/120. If you running 1440, it doesn't seem to work and forces 4K/60. If you turn off 4k and force 1440/120, it disables HDR.

Shame. I was really hoping to do 1440p+HDR+120hz. It might be game specific though.

Haven't bothered looking in like a month, maybe I'll try to find a Series X again. Or not, I have better shit to do than scour sites that give leads on who's restocking only to go their store's site and repeatedly click refresh with slim chance of actually getting one.

Hit a bit of a snag. I have a 1440p monitor that supports 120hz. It looks like the two games I tried don't work. Both Halo and Ori support 4k/120. If you running 1440, it doesn't seem to work and forces 4K/60. If you turn off 4k and force 1440/120, it disables HDR.

Shame. I was really hoping to do 1440p+HDR+120hz. It might be game specific though.
My guess would be the monitor not having hdmi 2.1 and requiring display port to use those features together.

As expected, nothing but soaring news.

Only cloud there is the lack of an update on Game Pass subscribers. That wouldn't seem to bode well. I expected the announcement of between 20m-25m subscribers at this point.

As expected, nothing but soaring news.

Only cloud there is the lack of an update on Game Pass subscribers. That wouldn't seem to bode well. I expected the announcement of between 20m-25m subscribers at this point.
The rumour from Jez Corden at Windows Central, is 22m active subscribers.. but we'll see.

According to this, IO interactive are developing a fantasy game with dragons, with a partnership with Microsoft Game studios

According to this, IO interactive are developing a fantasy game with dragons, with a partnership with Microsoft Game studios

Eurogamer have corroborated the report.

Seems Xbox are intent on cornering the western RPG market. lmao

Eurogamer have corroborated the report.

Seems Xbox are intent on cornering the western RPG market. lmao

Good. The only worry is I can't remember the last time this company put out a game I've enjoyed. I love stealth games but the Hitman series has just never done it for me. Something about those games I don't know what it is.

I'm guessing third person probably, weird way of saying it though

outriders???

I mean that’s a looter type of game that’s behind the back and is kinda like Diablo...

Started off with Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Honestly, I don't think I like it. I've played and beat all of the AC games and something feels off with this one. The music is good but the controls feel weird and it's already boring me to death. I'll give it a chance but I'm not feeling this one.

I have Control and Watch Dogs Legion waiting that I can switch too worst case.

Watch Dogs Legion is my ISH!

You need the Bee guy.

Star Wars: Fallen Order for the Xbox One is still on sale at Wal-Mart for $19.93 (a day after Star Wars day):
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-Jedi-Fallen-Order-Electronic-Arts-Xbox-One/918879273

It hit this all-time low a few weeks ago on Amazon, but it quickly sold out. I'd jump on it at this price now, if you haven't played it, because a free upgrade for the XSX is coming this summer:
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order gets PS5, Xbox Series X upgrade this summer
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is getting a next-gen console upgrade. Lucasfilm Games announced Thursday on the official Star Wars website that Fallen Order will receive “a number of technical improvements” as part of an update coming to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X this summer.
That is, of course, if you aren't a Game Pass subscriber, in which case you already have access to the game, and presumably this will include the improved version once it is updated in the summer.

Back