Xbox One without Kinect announced: $399

Wow, theyre allowing you to use paid for services without paying them additional money now? How benevolent... I may actually hook my extra xbox up to our bedroom tv.

I get the move and it's probably the right one, but part of me wishes that they stuck to their original vision and sold it better. I guess they couldn't afford to gamble anymore.

Games with gold really interests me because now I could see real value in having both consoles.

PS4 exclusives > MS

Halo has fallen off.

I think Gears may be the only one I care about.

Either way 3rd party should be the same on both so don't see a reason to own both consoles.

I recently tried the xbox 1 out, the kinect really impressed me. Its very responsive it was cool to watch my bro control the xbox by voice. It would be sweet if they lowered the price to 400 and it included the kinect

I will pass. Maybe 5 years from now if the X-Bone manages to have some good exclusives I will pick up one for cheap. Maybe.

Can't they just do voice control via headset mic like the PS4 does?
Seems like that's the only good thing about the kinect and it doesn't really need all those sensors and shit.

Well now they are going to feel silly for alienating a bunch of fans with that in the first place

Once again, MS has to be led by it's nose to do something for the consumer. They are obviously getting hurt in the sales numbers, and have now been dragged kicking and screaming to make the changes everybody has been telling them since even before the thing launched.

This will go down in history as one of the costliest cases of "groupthink" ever. It just beggars belief that a company in consumer electronics could actually be so blind to what the consumer actually wants.

They can still go fuck themselves. This from a previously loyal ex-xboxer.

President+Obama++My+Work+is+Done+against+Destroyed+background.jpg

Too little too late. They squandered all the traction they'd gained on Sony in the key North American market last generation. At least now they have a feebly competitive product; before it wasn't competitive at all.

About fucking time, though I still wont be getting one until they come out with MUST OWN games, as of right now, there is none. PS4 and PC is more than enough to keep me happy atm. When Smash Bros. hits, I will be buying a Wii U. When ? hits I'll be buying an Xbone....If they announce a Banjo Threeie down the line, I will fucking go buy that shit so fast, but it would have to be a true sequel, no fucking Nuts and Bolts garbage. If I ever do get one it will be when the price drops to 300 or lower, unless there is an absolutely killer exclusive.

Some analyst predicts Xbox will overtake Ps4 in 2015

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-05-13-xbox-one-to-overtake-ps4-in-us-by-2015-says-analyst

"This change will be enough to push the Xbox One installed base higher than PS4 in the U.S. and Canada in 2015 rather than 2016. It kind of reminds me of Microsoft's evolution on Windows and IE. The initial design needs some serious help (i.e., last summer's DRM 'Xbox 180') and then improves to point of being a serious contender (this Kinect unbundling) and then vies for market share dominance (although I continue to believe PS4 will have the largest global installed base of any console at the end of 2016)," he explained.

"Sony will need to re-group to maintain its momentum in the market with the E3 press events taking on even more significance for both companies now"

Personally, I haven't been too interested in xbox this new generation since kinect bundling and their drm stance before they changed that. But I can see the possibility of X1 narrowing the gap in sales with Sony. At this time there's still a significant portion of gamers still gaming primarily on their xbox 360 or ps3 that have yet jumped into new generation. As time passes more titles will be exclusive to next gen systems and gamers must force to migrate, and from there they'll make choices. With a kinectless model, and cheaper price point, it may be enticing to some prospects. IMO, I still think ps4 is a better value, and could ride a larger wave of momentum depending on the exclusives they offer at e3.

I don't buy that for a second. We will have to see about that. The demand is already high for PS4, is that really going to switch to Xbox One all of the sudden?

I was reading that they are considering removing the reserved resources for Kinect. That would be nice, will give developers more to work with for games.

I have the Kinect up on my system but I can't remember the last time I used a command. Anyone else have it installed but simply not feeling like using those commands at all?

I hardly use the Kinect, and my wife hates it. Oh well.

M$ has to be thoroughly defeated to do something like this. I feel like it won't even matter anyway, it's still an inferior product to the ps4.

M$ has to be thoroughly defeated to do something like this. I feel like it won't even matter anyway, it's still an inferior product to the ps4.

Seriously, what the hell MS. The 360 was freakin awesome when it came out. I think ridding on the 360 for eight years made them soft.

This is going to be a totally different console generation from last with both Wii U and Xbone doing a belly flop

This is going to be a totally different console generation from last with both Wii U and Xbone doing a belly flop

Yeah, if it's one thing I learned from the PS3 coming from behind and going from an overpriced joke to the clear choice for best value gaming console last gen and the changes MS have made so far in under a year it's that you can always predict how a console generation will go by what happens in the first 10% of it.

Back