x

Outline your meals for 5.00 a day...

Mixed beans bought dry soaked over night and rice.

I lived for 4 years on that shit as a student and was fine. It cost the equivalent of 18 cents a meal.

I lived for 4 years on that shit as a student and was fine. It cost the equivalent of 18 cents a meal.
Yeah cause thats what everyone wants to eat for years. I wanna call you names.

Also - You can do a LOT with a flat of eggs each week.

Celery is 50 cents to a dollar a bunch depending where you go

How much does tilapia or chicken wings/thighs cost where you live?

Lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber, lentils (and other bean type foods as mentioned) RICE , TOFU ,etc etc I can go on all day.

If you're into flour you can buy that and make TONS of foods

potatoes.....carrots

PEANUT BUTTER.

If you're into bread-walmart has their store brand for like 80 cents a loaf.

The dollar menu at fast food joints isn't nearly as economical (for us!)as we're lead to believe. Oh yeah....it's also poison.

*edit* fast food in general, not just dollar menu

Last edited:

This!

I'm a student now and spend about $80 a month on food. I eat rice, beans and chicken every day with a spicy, tomato-based sauce. Cheap as shit and each time I cook it, it takes less time to make and tastes better.

And most of that $80 is the fruit, chips, cereal and milk that I snack/breakfast on.

Less than $3 a day.

Good food is expensive.

You guys aren't doing your argument any favors by proudly proclaiming you eat the same fucking thing every day for years at a time.

I don't eat the same thing every day for years, never have. Good food is expensive, you're right, I like my lobster and filet mignon just like the next guy, I also like burgers and pizza and beer/wine.

I just battle the belief that fast, processed foods need to be a staple in your diet because dudes are hungry and don't have much money.

If anything has been misinterpreted by myself or anyone reading my comments, I apologize. This is Mayberry afterall, and I'm just stating my views.

For whatever it is worth though.....I'd rather eat from the foods I've listed-every single day, than be in line at McDonalds for a McGangbang every day.

Good food is expensive.

You guys aren't doing your argument any favors by proudly proclaiming you eat the same fucking thing every day for years at a time.

Good food is cheap

Being pretentious and or not knowing how to cook is expensive

Good food is cheap

Being pretentious and or not knowing how to cook is expensive

I'm an excellent cook and eating something other than rice and beans doesn't make me pretentious.

Keeping and preparing fresh ingredients takes effort and planning. The value in fast food is its immediacy. I truly prefer to eat a freshly made vegetable-intensive meal but when you consider the time needed to shop for ingredients,plan appropriately, wash, cook and clean up and then do dishes afterward, a 2 dollar hamburger available immediately in my car on a whim is a very appealing alternative.

I'm an excellent cook and eating something other than rice and beans doesn't make me pretentious.

Keeping and preparing fresh ingredients takes effort and planning. The value in fast food is its immediacy. I truly prefer to eat a freshly made vegetable-intensive meal but when you consider the time needed to shop for ingredients,plan appropriately, wash, cook and clean up and then do dishes afterward, a 2 dollar hamburger available immediately in my car on a whim is a very appealing alternative.

Did you just quote me and then respond to an entirely different discussion

Despite what you said earlier , good food is not expensive

End of story

Back