WWE superstars other then Brock that would fare well in the UFC

I don't know if he was ever in the WWE, but I know Bobby Lashley was in that type of wrestling some how. In any case he's got 16 pro fights with a 14-2 record and is still fighting in Bellator. So he's my pick.

Brock really is the only guy who has come over and done well in the UFC. He became the champion and a lot of people attribute this to his athleticism and that he was a great amateur wrestler.

Who else would be able to come to the UFC and maybe win a few fights with some training?

I personally think guys with wrestling/athletic backgrounds would have fared well in the UFC.

Kurt Angle (in his prime, Gold medalist and also known for being a tough guy)
Jack Swagger (Div 1 wrestler, guys a freak athlete)
Dolph Zigler (dudes a div 1 wrestler/ freak athlete)
Triple H (also a freak athlete, charisma,known tough guy) (I mean in his prime obviously)
I refuse to have this conversation.

This is the single dumbest post I have ever read. I used to be a huge wrestling for years and Triple H is one the least athletic wrestlers I can think of. He is about as plodding as they come even before he started hitting the sauce hard. I am not sure how he is known as a tough guy either. In a real situation where he should have shown a pair he was scared shitless and it was recorded.
Lol. tri
This is the single dumbest post I have ever read. I used to be a huge wrestling for years and Triple H is one the least athletic wrestlers I can think of. He is about as plodding as they come even before he started hitting the sauce hard. I am not sure how he is known as a tough guy either. In a real situation where he should have shown a pair he was scared shitless and it was recorded.
How is he not athletic? Look at his physique in his prime. You don't look like that without being a serious athlete.

Also, it's documented that Triple H is not one to be messed with backstage. He is known for being a tough dude. Dude is strong as hell too, his strength would easily transfer over into being a dominant grappler in mma

f4.jpg

Roddy Piper is a judo BB under Gene Lebell.

Kurt Angle obviously was a legit tough guy in his day. Heavyweight olympic gold medalist. It's true. It's true.

Maybe some of the canadians that came up under Stu Hart.

Now he would. Taker's old now. Remember when Brock lost to cain after the fight, Taker called him out. Brock didn't want a peice of Taker. Just because Brock is an mma fighter dosen't mean he would take Taker in an actual fight.

Takers one of the most athletic guys out there, his movement for a 320 pound guy is incredible. I would say he is probably (in his prime) more of a freak athlete then most ufc heavyweights today.

I think the fact that you keep calling this grown man by a made up name from his made up fighting career speaks volumes. Nothing about him looks overly athletic. He could walk on the ropes with someone holding his hand. WOW!!!! His "foot to face" consisted of him picking his leg up. His striking in the ring looks awful. Even though it was "fake" striking, you don't go from having great technique in real life to horrible technique if you are actually not hitting someone. If you ask everyone "in the know" to name the wrestlers throughout history you absolutely didn't want to eff with, Mark's name never comes up. As a matter of fact, most have said that Tonga Fifita (Haku) was the baddest man they ever met. And as others have said, Angle.

Ad Santel was a dangerous dude. He defeated many of the Judo experts of his day using his catch wrestling.

Ad-Santel.jpg

Frank Gotch. Considered by most experts the last legitimate heavyweight champion of the world:

Gotch.Frank2.jpg

Undertaker in his prime. Also a known tough guy with natural grappling prowess.
A "natural grappling prowess".

LOL...according to who? The Gracies?...or Michael Cole....give me a break. What are his supposed grappling credentials?...other than being an MMA fanboy?

Takers known to keep to himself but anyone in the know, knows he is a very good striker. There's a reason why Brock and other guys never wanted to mess with him.

What? In the know? Maybe in terms of tough guy backstage WWE tough guy antics he can handle himself but thats a far cry from calling him ' a very good striker' in an MMA environment. I would guess he's an extremely bad striker in MMA/Martial arts/boxing context.

Did hear he's a Black Belt BJJ under rolles tho.

Farmer Burns...."Burns was well known in the early twentieth century for his neck. He managed to have a twenty-inch neck. With this neck, according to an article in WWE Magazine, he gained fame by being put into a noose, getting hanged, and living, while whistling "Yankee Doodle".

tumblr_nwuv0xSide1s0zdtdo1_500.jpg

farmer.jpg

I agree. Taker also has serious striking.

Yeah...just like Triple H is a "freak athlete"...and known tough guy.

LMFAO...you have to be kidding....just because Michael Cole calls the Underseller a "striker" it doesn't mean it is true. He can't even throw a good looking worked punch. Please show me wrong though, lets see some real video of him hitting some mitts or working the heavy bag....oh...thats right...he is a phony so there is none. Also, didn't Scott Steiner...a legitimate division 1 wrestler and an all american say that Triple H was one of the biggest pussies in the industry. Triple H was a bodybuilder...not a real athlete.

Lol. tri

How is he not athletic? Look at his physique in his prime. You don't look like that without being a serious athlete.

Also, it's documented that Triple H is not one to be messed with backstage. He is known for being a tough dude. Dude is strong as hell too, his strength would easily transfer over into being a dominant grappler in mma
No you are wrong on every front.

Lol are you serious? You must not have seen Triple H in his hay day. I would say he was a better athlete then a lot of the Hws/lhws in the Ufc today. And the fact that he was a tough guy means he would have the intimidation factor over a lot of fighters.

Who ever made you think that Triple H is a known tough guy?....What ever gave you that idea? Please direct us to your resources since you are claiming that it is a known fact. Surely, wrestlers must have said it since it is a "known" fact....so lets hear of some examples.

Yeah...just like Triple H is a "freak athlete"...and known tough guy.

LMFAO...you have to be kidding....just because Michael Cole calls the Underseller a "striker" it doesn't mean it is true. He can't even throw a good looking worked punch. Please show me wrong though, lets see some real video of him hitting some mitts or working the heavy bag....oh...thats right...he is a phony so there is none. Also, didn't Scott Steiner...a legitimate division 1 wrestler and an all american say that Triple H was one of the biggest pussies in the industry. Triple H was a bodybuilder...not a real athlete.
Lol, I'm not going to bother getting into it with you. You have no idea. I mean Triple H in his prime, not now obviously. And yeah Taker's known to be a good striker. Ask any other wrestler or anyone that knows him

Current guys? No idea. But a lot of the guys from the 90s and earlier were legit amateur wrestlers. The easiest place to find really built guys who could move well was NCAA wrestling. But other guys (Hogan) were just big guys who could talk.

Lol are you serious? You must not have seen Triple H in his hay day. I would say he was a better athlete then a lot of the Hws/lhws in the Ufc today. And the fact that he was a tough guy means he would have the intimidation factor over a lot of fighters.

People are intimidated because they don't want to lose their job, you idiot. He is banging the boss' daughter.

Bob Backlund or Bruno Sammartino in their heydays would have been competitive. Chris Jericho beat up Goldberg backstage for what that's worth.

Back