WWE network is a success..UFC fight pass takes low road.

Damn...sorry guys..I'm feeling bad about my info but that article was written really bad..after further investigation it states that during the life of the service it has had a total of 2.3 million subs. And it currently maintains 1.3 million as of July or Sept of 2015..looks like July 30th was last given information to the public. The 79% increase for the third quarter of 2015 as opposed to 2014 is correct.

They released their 2015 numbers 2 weeks ago
They had 702k domestic on 9/30/2014 & 990k domestic on 9/30/2015
They added 200k international because they opened up in new markets
WWE wanted 2 million DOMESTIC by now!

You also cannot judge from final numbers. You judge by average numbers & from 9/30/14 to 9/30/15 thy averaged 958k domestic.

Like I said overall they are losing money compared to pre-network
They also cut their network budget drastically since it underperformed.
As of right now, WWE Network started to make money, but not enough to cover what they lost on PPV and they are still in red from start-up cost.
Zuffa has made $$$ immediately from Fight Pass and still kills on PPV.

Well, I'll take your words for it then. Doing some quick numbers in my head it doesn't make sense that they are. But I would assume your knowledge on that subject would be greater than mine. I think the WWE would have been smart to exclude events like Wrestlemania from that model and kept it strictly a full priced PPV for everybody (maybe give subscribers a slight reduction of $15 or whatever). Maybe even events like the Royal Rumble or SummerSlam as well. Then again you'd also lose a bunch of subscribers that way too, who are probably only buying the network for the big PPV events. But maybe there was a balance to be had there.

What's the point of fight pass, I don't see it. Peripheral programming like UFC now or that hot Gracie chick's show? Next to worthless. I have all the important stuff, and the scrums and pressers are all on YouTube.

UbK1Kh5.png

that-s-fucking-illegal-o.gif

Well, I'll take your words for it then. Doing some quick numbers in my head it doesn't make sense that they are. But I would assume your knowledge on that subject would be greater than mine. I think the WWE would have been smart to exclude events like Wrestlemania from that model and kept it strictly a full priced PPV for everybody (maybe give subscribers a slight reduction of $15 or whatever). Maybe even events like the Royal Rumble or SummerSlam as well. Then again you'd also lose a bunch of subscribers that way too, who are probably only buying the network for the big PPV events. But maybe there was a balance to be had there.

Thank you
Yes the idea to include Mania is something they regret.
Back then the idea they started with was to include Mania but charge for a 6 month of recurring subs.
They thought they would get over a million immediately and have them for 6 months, since they would basically give 5 added PPV's for free ($60).
What happened was, many canceled the recurring payments & they lost their shirts.
Once Mania was on the network they could not put the tube back in the toothpaste ;)

Regarding the subs covering the PPV cost, WWE Network has original programming etc & that plays into the cost they have to run it.
UFC is pretty much just events and catalog.
WWE has a huge staff that has to make sure all the copyrights, etc. that are on old show are up to date or they have editing and dubs to do.
They only make $6-7 per sub a month (after Roku, etc take cuts), then expenses.

WWE gives every PPV including ones that cost $70 for $10 a month

UFC gives some cards - they dont need to go all the way out as PPV is still selling for them
Thank you
Yes the idea to include Mania is something they regret.
Back then the idea they started with was to include Mania but charge for a 6 month or recurring subs.
They thought they would get over a million immediately and have them for 6 months, since they would basically give 5 added PPV's for free ($60).
What happened was, many canceled the recurring payments & they lost their shirts.
Once Mania was on the network they could not put the tube back in the toothpaste ;)

Well, it is what it is with them. Can't do anything about it now since, like you say, the toothpaste is out of the tube.

But at least they were in a position to take chances with that model, though, since they also had those three other huge revenue streams to fall back on with the television deals they have, the ticket revenue from live events, and then the merchandise sold. A lot better position to take that chance than the UFC who only really have the one other one with television money, which would still be well behind PPV revenue when it comes to income generated for them.

Well, it is what it is with them. Can't do anything about it now since, like you say, the toothpaste is out of the tube.

But at least they were in a position to take chances with that model, though, since they also had those three other huge revenue streams to fall back on with the television deals they have, the ticket revenue from live events, and then the merchandise sold. A lot better position to take that chance than the UFC who only really have the one other one with television money, which would still be well behind PPV revenue when it comes to income generated for them.

it was a move they needed to make. Unlike UFC, WWE PPV was faltering.
They just are not doing nearly as well as they hoped & that toothpaste is out ;)

Nice back and forth buddy!

it was a move they needed to make. Unlike UFC, WWE PPV was faltering.
They just are not doing nearly as well as they hoped & that toothpaste is out ;)

Nice back and forth buddy!

Cheers man.

Of course when you could still put on a few events a year that do in the range of a million buys you have the luxury of not needing to change that part of your business model. Like they say; "If it ain't broke..."

Cheers man.

Of course when you could still put on a few events a year that do in the range of a million buys you have the luxury of not needing to change that part of your business model. Like they say; "If it ain't broke..."

Yep
But I think Zuffa is doing it right.
They are slowly making FP more appealing and adding better cards.
When & if it comes to PPV being over, they will be ready and won't take the hit WWE did.
My guess is they go to maybe 8 PPV's a year then 6 then 4 (or similar)!

Costs me £5.99 a month for a ridicuclous library of MMA fights. It's a steal for what I want from it.

With 10 dollars a month. They keep interest. You are invested even in the smallest way. Because you are invested you don't need the constant rise and fall of building every fight like it's the grudge match of the century. We all know they are going to hug and kiss each others ass at the end. To watch ken shamrock hug Tito Ortiz and whisper in his ear " we made alot of money together" was more fake and gay than anything I've seen in the WWE. At least I know it's fake...and they admit it's fake. I don't have to hear how I've been duped by two guys getting fucked for peanuts by their employers.
Are you sure?

b574f0ad96goldust.jpg

I want all UFC content, PPVs and all for £8 a month, no comercials

Vince popularised the PPV format. And now he's taking it down. Guy does whatever the fuck he wants.

Vince popularised the PPV format. And now he's taking it down. Guy does whatever the fuck he wants.

He is not "taking it down"
His PPV's were heading south every year because the product has been horrible.
WWE is not as profitable as some think
They made less than $25m in net income in 2015
In 2014 they lost $30m (due to network cost, etc.)

Anyone know a decent site for downloading old fights and cards? The fight library is literally the only reason I have fight pass.

Fight Pass is cool because it's something the UFC don't have to offer. WWE started putting pay per views on the WWE Network because their pay per view business started shrinking. WWE also has like 50 performers to pay compared to the UFC who has over 400 to pay. You think people complain about fighter pay now? Imagine if they lost a bunch of pay per view revenue.

The TS is a mess, I can't understand what he is saying most of the time. I think he is drunk or something

WWE network is bang on you get all PPV's, always new programs that's exclusive to the network, has some network problems when mania is on, must get overloaded because the quality drops for a few seconds every so often.

Fight pass is shit, I've cancelled my subscription after last night, there's hardly any new interesting programs, the connection fucking sucks on it, the website it's self is fucked, every say half hour it logged me out of fight pass despite clicking the fucking button what says remember me!! And the stream it's self fucking sucks it got stuck on a loop for 10 mins before a fight.

Fuck you Dana, and fuck your little shit fight pass, you ain't getting another penny out of me you big bald fuck

I wouldn't pay $5 a month for that WWE fake shit.

I don't want to watch scripted fights. Period. I don't understand how you guys who are fans can be into people pretending to fight and fake punch each other. It's a joke.

H
He is not "taking it down"
His PPV's were heading south every year because the product has been horrible.
WWE is not as profitable as some think
They made less than $25m in net income in 2015
In 2014 they lost $30m (due to network cost, etc.)
Have you seen the success of NXT?

Back