WWE network is a success..UFC fight pass takes low road.

I have a killer Rumina Sato career spanning DVD From Japan if anyone is interested.

WWE network when it started they projected to have 2m subs by this time
They are 750k below that.
The network has not made up the money that they lost from PPV.

In other words, since they started the network they lost money and are currently making less than they did prior to it.
UFC on the other hand had the biggest financial year ever!

The ufc fight pass is a win! I never even heard about the ufc fight pass until silva/bisping.

Looked into it I want it! Full access to the ufc library including pride, strikeforce, wec and whoever the ufc bought out makes it worth it!

It's cheap as fuck when compared to nba/nfl league pass shit.

Some good shit! I'm gettin' dat shit fo'sho! :eek:

You are close on some of your numbers from what I was reading but some of the info is misleading. One thing that is undeniable from the third quarter of 2014 to the third quarter of 2015 they saw a 79% increase in subscription to a projected goal exceeding the one you mention as the original mark .

Fight Pass is a pretty sweet deal.

No..my point is not even the content...it's the business model..but most are too stupid to see that.

Maybe they should do like the NHL where they basically said "we give up" and had MLB Advanced Media fix their format issues. MLBAM are the ones that put together the WWE Network, WatchESPN, HBOGO and others.

The UFC has ripped off the WWE in a number of different ways, but those idiots think they are going to reinvent the wheel.

You are close on some of your numbers from what I was reading but some of the info is misleading. One thing that is undeniable from the third quarter of 2014 to the third quarter of 2015 they saw a 79% increase in subscription to a projected goal exceeding the one you mention as the original mark .

Who are you responding to?
The network is only now making money as an entity, but they are making a lot less compared to their PPV years.
They actually lost money on Mania last year according to Dave Meltzer.

FYI
At the original WWE Network presentation in January, WWE spoke of achieving 2-3 million subscribers. That was just for the domestic version of the service. The international roll-out planned for 750,000-1.5 million subscribers among the Phase I countries (which notably included United Kingdom, Canada and Australia). And the international roll-out wasn't planned until late 2014 or early 2015.

Last edited:
Internet is everywhere. Pay per view however is not. It's a huge deal to look at. The wwe is taking a huge risk, or did take a huge risk. As of Sept. 2015 they had 2.3 million subs. As someone who used to watch closed circuit television before ppv. I wish ppv was dead.

Internet is everywhere. Pay per view however is not. It's a huge deal to look at. The wwe is taking a huge risk, or did take a huge risk. As of Sept. 2015 they had 2.3 million subs. As someone who used to watch closed circuit television before ppv. I wish ppv was dead.

Don't say that. I went to see WM 2 on closed circuit and the transformer blew in the 2nd match and the lights went out. They never got the broadcast back. Even back then I think the ticket was 12 or 15 dollars a person. 6,000 fans in the arena were not happy.

They do not have 2.3 million subs lol
WWE Network had 1.22 million ending paid subscribers at end of 2015

I apologize I read or listed that info incorrectly...it stated a 79% increase in subs during the 3rd quarter of 2015 as opposed to 3rd quarter 2014. Very much different from what I said but still very hard to ignore or deny.

You read same article as me it says it right at the end of it..not only that the info is from Sept at latest. That was 6 months ago. My info may be incorrect but I'm only reading the internet...I wish I knew correct numbers for us all.

One thing that is undeniable from the third quarter of 2014 to the third quarter of 2015 they saw a 79% increase in subscription to a projected goal exceeding the one you mention as the original mark .

No idea where you get your numbers from

uH1u0ti.png

Who are you responding to?
If me, there is no way they saw a 79% gain in a year.
The network is only now making money as an entity, but they are making a lot less compared to their PPV years.
They actually lost money on Mania last year according to Dave Meltzer.

FYI

They may have lost money on WM when compared to the year before, but wouldn't they have gained money with the subscription model on basically every other PPV throughout the year save maybe the Royal Rumble? 1.2 million subscribers is $12 million per month isn't it? Not sure what they charge. But if it's $12 million they'd have to do about 400,000 extra buys to make up that difference. Of course with the overhead that comes with running network taking a big chunk of that $12 million. But even if they get say half of that $12 million after expenses it would seem like a good deal for the WWE.

Also, in the days before they launched the network, wasn't PPV only their 3rd or 4th best source of revenue after contracted television money, live event money, and then possibly merchandise?

Just asking.

You read same article as me it says it right at the end of it..not only that the info is from Sept at latest. That was 6 months ago. My info may be incorrect but I'm only reading the internet...I wish I knew correct numbers for us all.

If you are responding to me

USE THE QUOTE

;)

They may have lost money on WM when compared to the year before, but wouldn't they have gained money with the subscription model on basically every other PPV throughout the year save maybe the Royal Rumble? 1.2 million subscribers is $12 million per month isn't it? Not sure what they charge. But if it's $12 million they'd have to do about 400,000 extra buys to make up that difference. Of course with the overhead that comes with running network taking a big chunk of that $12 million. But even if they get say half of that $12 million after expenses it would seem like a good deal for the WWE.

Also, in the days before they launched the network, wasn't PPV only their 3rd or 4th best source of revenue after contracted television money, live event money, and then possibly merchandise?

Just asking.

Like I said overall they are losing money compared to pre-network
They also cut their network budget drastically since it underperformed.
As of right now, WWE Network started to make money, but not enough to cover what they lost on PPV and they are still in red from start-up cost.
Zuffa has made $$$ immediately from Fight Pass and still kills on PPV.

Damn...sorry guys..I'm feeling bad about my info but that article was written really bad..after further investigation it states that during the life of the service it has had a total of 2.3 million subs. And it currently maintains 1.3 million as of July or Sept of 2015..looks like July 30th was last given information to the public. The 79% increase for the third quarter of 2015 as opposed to 2014 is correct.

It's on wrestle zone .Com and Forbes. I tend to believe Forbes.

Cancelled my fight pass subscription right after the event yesterday. Watched all the fights I wanted to beforehand on there.

WWE gives every PPV including ones that cost $70 for $10 a month

UFC gives some cards - they dont need to go all the way out as PPV is still selling for them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back