WWE mentioned Rousey several times on RAW

DGT4NOW

Red Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
WWE mentioned Rousey several times & even showed a clip that UFC gave them from the PPV.
One mention was by a group of female wrestlers called "B. A. D." that mentioned they were sick of all the Rousey talk & that they were better.

Weird to find out a UFC clip was shown on WWE-TV

Also WWE is having Mania in Dallas (in 2016) at the same stadium UFC might run in Dec (5 months prior)
It is very unlike Vince to help promote Ronda/UFC if that card takes the spotlight away from Mania.
The only thing I can imagine is Vince & Dana did work out something to allow Ronda to do Mania in exchange for promoting the Dec UFC card ... very weird of Vince to do something without getting a benefit

Haven't Ronda been at a few events?
And also did some stuff there?

But interesting. I dont know much about wwe all my knowledge is from SD actually.

Steph vs. WAR3?

Maybe a tag.

1253314895_eddie-murphy-raw2.png

Vince probably thinks it's like when Brock came to the UFC and brought a bunch of wwe fans with him, thinks MMA fans will be crossover pro wrestling fans. Or he's trying to secure a future deal with Rousey perhaps by being on good terms with her.

And also did some stuff there?

But interesting. I dont know much about wwe all my knowledge is from SD actually.

They never showed a clip of her before with 'courtesy of UFC' on it.
She did something with The Rock, Steph & HHH at Mania in March that was a huge publicity thing, but WWE did not hype her in advance or since.

Vince never has his performers call out someone if he doesn't think there is a pay-off.
He is on record as saying that it makes no sense to do.

Dana publicly said he won't let Ronda do anything physical at Mania.
Ronda said she wants to & WWE has said they want her too.

Very weird

That's cause she'll be at Mania

Vince probably thinks it's like when Brock came to the UFC and brought a bunch of wwe fans with him, thinks MMA fans will be crossover pro wrestling fans. Or he's trying to secure a future deal with Rousey perhaps by being on good terms with her.

WWE is on great terms with Ronda
It is Dana that said she can't do anything further

Add in Dana yesterday calling WWE "fake shit" on Twitter & Vince actually promoting UFC makes no sense ... unless Dana said that on purpose ... hmmmmmmmm

Yeah, she made an appearance at the last Wrestlemania. She clearly has some strong connections there at the WWE.

They never showed a clip of her before with 'courtesy of UFC' on it.
She did something with The Rock, Steph & HHH at Mania in March that was a huge publicity thing, but WWE did not hype her in advance or since.

Vince never has his performers call out someone if he doesn't think there is a pay-off.
He is on record as saying that it makes no sense to do.

Dana publicly said he won't let Ronda do anything physical at Mania.
Ronda said she wants to & WWE has said they want her too.

Very weird

Co promotion1!!!! :icon_chee

I see fire works, screaming Pride lady, big entrance and freak fights!
DO IT!

Wrestling was good in the 80s, 90s and early 2000s, now its crap, the whole mystique of wrestling has gone, and why the hell would I watch a fight that I know is fake, acting and fixed, its not a fucking movie as much as people call it entertainment, its fucking retarted and stupid, fake punches, if you cant see its fake your blind, they move the camera around like the guys actually getting hit, only thing in wrestling thats real is the falls and slaps, and maybe some accidental punches.

Wrestling was good in the 80s, 90s and early 2000s, now its crap, the whole mystique of wrestling has gone, and why the hell would I watch a fight that I know is fake, acting and fixed, its not a fucking movie as much as people call it entertainment, its fucking retarted and stupid, fake punches, if you cant see its fake your blind, they move the camera around like the guys actually getting hit, only thing in wrestling thats real is the falls and slaps, and maybe some accidental punches.

Alert the media :rolleyes:

Just like when Vince wanted Ken Shamrock, he was willing to air UFC promo's for free (pre-Zuffa), and even mention different references to UFC during matches. He did the same for ECW, actually.

TLDR: Vince wants something and is putting a chip in the relationship bank.

Just like when Vince wanted Ken Shamrock, he was willing to air UFC promo's for free (pre-Zuffa), and even mention different references to UFC during matches. He did the same for ECW, actually.

Vince already was working with both Shamrock & ECW when he hyped them.

Its more like Cindy Lauper and Ali appearing at WM.

they move the camera around like the guys actually getting hit, only thing in wrestling thats real is the falls and slaps, and maybe some accidental punches.

But movies are real right??? I mean please, at least tell me that much is true.

Yep. If Ronda wants to, then she'll do it.

Dana needs to contractually allow it.
That is the point
For Vince to hype her now is against everything he has done in the past
With her next fight being in AT&T & stealing a lot of WWE's thunder, he would not promote her, have his talent call her out & then show a clip with courtesy of UFC on it unless Dana & he came to an agreement ...
Also (as mentioned) Dana had his 'fake shit' tweet & that adds to the weirdness of this

Back