Economy WWE and Trumpamania Collide, again!

LOL, wut?

I mean, you could say their house show numbers have declined, but they're still packing arenas regardless. It's not like there are five people showing up. Then you have RAW and Smackdown every week filling 15-20,000 seat arenas, and not to mention their PPVs. Just a few years ago Wrestlemania broke their own attendance record with over 100,000 in attendance.

So, umm, yeah, they know a little bit about crowds, and they should at least be coordinating with the powers that be to see if there is any way they can start opening the doors safely. Just like any other league that fills stadiums and arenas and have experience in crowd control.

They are not filling up arenas with their Raws and Smackdowns. I remember photos of half empty arenas like 10 years ago, and looking on the internet it appears to be the same.

Bringing up Wrestlemania doesn't make much since, considering it's their flagship event.

kO2dQ.jpg

I remember back in 02 when the Smackdown crowds were getting smaller and they needed to pump in cheering noises, and limited their camera angles...............

They are not filling up arenas with their Raws and Smackdowns. I remember photos of half empty arenas like 10 years ago, and looking on the internet it appears to be the same.

Bringing up Wrestlemania doesn't make much since, considering it's their flagship event.

kO2dQ.jpg

I remember back in 02 when the Smackdown crowds were getting smaller and they needed to pump in cheering noises, and limited their camera angles...............

"But house show attendance!"

Not just house shows, but their marquee shows as well. T shirt and merch sales can't buoy a shit product forever......
They get $100 million a year from the Saudis to run 2 shows there. Live attendance literally doesn't mean squat for the bottom line now.

They get $100 million a year from the Saudis to run 2 shows there. Live attendance literally doesn't mean squat for the bottom line now.

Well, their business is a product based upon live entertainment. If the Saudi money dries up and they're back to half packing smaller arenas?

Not like they're gonna get another Stone Cold and blow up again. Those days are never coming back.

WWE at this point seems rather like the circus. You can keep yourself straight for awhile with gimmicks, but it will run out.

Well, their business is a product based upon live entertainment.

And they're making bank.

Not like they're gonna get another Stone Cold and blow up again. Those days are never coming back.

It might surprise you, but the WWE is more prosperous than ever.

You're trying to say that their business model hasn't evolved, but it clearly has. I have this funny feeling that you don't really know what you're talking about.

And they're making bank.

It might surprise you, but the WWE is more prosperous than ever.

You're trying to say that their business model hasn't evolved, but it clearly has. I have this funny feeling that you don't really know what you're talking about.

Yawn. I haven't watched wrestling in forever. But they don't have any competition, and their shows are half full routinely. Eventually the tv deals are gonna run out, and they're not gonna be kept buoyed from that.

The game is wrestling, yet the company seems to be pivoting away from the wrestling.

Well, their business is a product based upon live entertainment. If the Saudi money dries up and they're back to half packing smaller arenas?

WWE at this point seems rather like the circus. You can keep yourself straight for awhile with gimmicks, but it will run out.
They also get $200 million a year from Fox for Smackdown. Saudi deal is for 10 years and won't dry up anytime soon because they're all major marks.

Yawn. I haven't watched wrestling in forever. But they don't have any competition, and their shows are half full routinely. Eventually the tv deals are gonna run out, and they're not gonna be kept buoyed from that.

The game is wrestling, yet the company seems to be pivoting away from the wrestling.
No competition? Do you even AEW, bro?

Yawn. I haven't watched wrestling in forever. But they don't have any competition, and their shows are half full routinely.

You don't watch, but you know their shows are half filled routinely...

Just bow out of this one. You're out of your element, Donny.

No competition? Do you even AEW, bro?

No joke, I saw like maybe 30 seconds of some segment they had on TNT(?). Some guy hit Chris Jericho, who looks like Axl Rose, with a fake champagne bottle, then tried to hit him with another, but it popped like a balloon, and was in the shot clear as day. The guy ran out of the ring when the balloon couldn't pop over Jericho's head.

Yeah, it's not coming back.

like they're gonna get another Stone Cold and blow up again. Those days are never coming back
They could easily get another stone cold, but they are purposefully not letting anyone get over like that. No one will ever be bigger than the organization again. From hhh mouth.

You don't watch, but you know their shows are half filled routinely...

Just bow out of this one. You're out of your element, Donny.
"I was flipping through channels the other night..."

No joke, I saw like maybe 30 seconds of some segment they had on TNT(?). Some guy hit Chris Jericho, who looks like Axl Rose, with a fake champagne bottle, then tried to hit him with another, but it popped like a balloon, and was in the shot clear as day. The guy ran out of the ring when the balloon couldn't pop over Jericho's head.

Yeah, it's not coming back.
It doesn't need to "come back." Money is the bottom line.

They could easily get another stone cold, but they are purposefully not letting anyone get over like that. No one will ever be bigger than the organization again. From hhh mouth.

That's hilarious. Taking the word of the guy who fucked the boss' daughter. Lordy.

Back