Ww2 mvp

JonnyRingo84

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
this may be more suited for mayberry, idk.

which world leader do you think did the most for his side during world war 2? who made the best decisions with what he had to use? who turned the war in their favor?

i am going with churchill. he stopped nazi germany in the battle of britain when it was only him against the axis powers.

without his spy service's deception, the d-day invasion may have been repelled. his double agents worked for years to fool hitler about the location of the invasion. agent zigzag. operation mincemeat.

broke the nazi code.

did numerous things to pull the US into the war.

here is a decent documentary about the british secret service during the war if youre interested.

I'll go with Churchill, with Roosevelt and Truman tied for second place.

this may be more suited for mayberry, idk.

which world leader do you think did the most for his side during world war 2? who made the best decisions with what he had to use? who turned the war in their favor?

i am going with churchill. he stopped nazi germany in the battle of britain when it was only him against the axis powers.

without his spy service's deception, the d-day invasion may have been repelled. his double agents worked for years to fool hitler about the location of the invasion. agent zigzag. operation mincemeat.

broke the nazi code.

did numerous things to pull the US into the war.

here is a decent documentary about the british secret service during the war if youre interested.

Interesting documentary, although it should be pointed out that SOE, aka the Baker Street Irregulars, did much of their training in Scotland. And the SOE Field Teams were code-named Jedburgh, after the Scottish town that was a center for the infamous Border Reivers.

LOL, just the total crap I would expect to hear on a western MMA forum talking politics.

Possibly as high as 93% of casualties for the Germans took place on the Eastern Front yet the WW2 MVP will come from the West.

Go figure. LOL.

Did as much possible with what they had? It's hard to overlook Stalin even though he was as bad if not worse than Hitler. The Eastern Front was so massive in scale it's hard to put into perspective. And the fact he had to race to improve industry was also key. But he's far too monstrous to be MVP IMO.

I'd give it to Churchill.

LOL, just the total crap I would expect to hear on a western MMA forum talking politics.

Possibly as high as 93% of casualties for the Germans took place on the Eastern Front yet the WW2 MVP will come from the West.

Go figure. LOL.

Without Lend Lease from the USA, which was delivered by the UK North Atlantic Convoys, Russia would have gassed long before they reached Berlin. They were excellent cannon fodder, and the best gang rapists in the world, but the idea that the Soviets defeated the Third Reich single-handed is laughable.:rolleyes:

No one wants to be the first to say anything positive about Hitler, but let's point out the facts:

Germany was ruined after World War 1.

Hitler didn't come from a rich family. He was an average person. He served in the infantry during WW1.

An average person, took a ruined country... and nearly conquered the world. Certainly almost conquered Europe. Maybe if he had played his cards a little better towards the end, much of western Europe would be speaking German.

If it's a contest of "who did the most with the least", Hitler is pretty clearly in contention.

No one wants to be the first to say anything positive about Hitler, but let's point out the facts:

Germany was ruined after World War 1.

Hitler didn't come from a rich family. He was an average person. He served in the infantry during WW1.

An average person, took a ruined country... and nearly conquered the world. Certainly almost conquered Europe. Maybe if he had played his cards a little better towards the end, much of western Europe would be speaking German.

If it's a contest of "who did the most with the least", Hitler is pretty clearly in contention.

This exactly, i wanted to say this but afraid of the shitstor, that will come

This exactly, i wanted to say this but afraid of the shitstor, that will come

Hitler and Stalin were strong leaders and accomplished much. However, they didn't have to kill 10s of millions to do. That's what makes the western democracies so remarkable. They accomplished much more and enabled their citizens to have the highest standards of living in history.

This may be veering off topic but I consider G. Washington to be in the all time greats and possibly the GOAT by the restraint he showed when he was president. Sometimes what you do not do is the sign of true greatness.

I thanked churhchill for developing the enigma machinewith his bare hands and truman for spending countless hours in developing the atom bomb in his garage.

Yes, lets all praise the mascots we love to cheer for.

Stalin definitely turned the war in his favour.

The Soviet union took over most of eastern Europe and became a superpower.

Go figure. LOL.

Stalin done more to hinder the war effort than to help it.

Stalin done more to hinder the war effort than to help it.

Stalin was(russia still is)the enemy. Dont let history books fool you. The allies are just embarrassed that stalin pulled a fast one & just painted hitler as the sole evil overlord in ww2.

Churchill broke the Nazi code? I could swear it was genius, mathematicians...

Churchill was special.

"Never has so much been owed by so many to so few".

Stalin was(russia still is)the enemy. Dont let history books fool you. The allies are just embarrassed that stalin pulled a fast one & just painted hitler as the sole evil overlord in ww2.

You're a varvaros

Go figure. LOL.
thanks was going to say this

Churchill. Should Stalin be recognize for carelessly throwing walls of bodies at the opposing side? That's not exact;y an MVP strategy. Luckily it worked.

Back