WW title eliminator

MousasiMMA

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I believe it is a good time to make Dong Hyun Kim vs Matt Brown II, 4 fight win-streak for Kim, 7 fight win-streak for Brown, the first fight was close. Or just give Brown a title shot, 7 wins in a row and improving. What do you guys think?

Won't mind it, also Lombard/Matt Brown would make sense.

WW far to stacked. With GSP out of the picture, they have like 6 guys that would be worthy of being called #1 contenders in other divisions.

Lawler vs. Ellenberger- I don't think winner gets shot, but moves up for a chance to fight for the next one
McDonald vs. Woodley- I think this winner gets the shot. UFC can market McDonald as GSP's protege, and Woodley will have beaten condit and McD. #1 and #2 contenders at the time
Would love to see Browne vs. Lombard to get a clear picture for the next chance. Have winner here face winner Lawler/Ellenberger

Welterweight is the best looking division at the top

The Kim fight could DEFINITELY do it for him. Assuming it is an exciting fight where Brown puts on a truly legendary performance against a great opponent. There is no possibility this fight will be boring ala Rory vs Ellenberger. DHK can grapple#$%#$ ppl but he is exciting when he does. DHK would likely do to Brown what he did to Siyar Bahadurzada. Replete with two handed hammerfists.

Brown vs Condit needs to happen.

Why would you make a rematch of two guys where neither is a top contender? Especially when there are so many guys to match with. I like the winner of Lawler-Ellerberger since LAwler already challenged for the title.

Brown gets destroyed by any of the top 5...how does a guy who's fought all B level fighter make it into the top 10 ranks anyways? A win over a gased B level fighter after almost getting finioshed is no grounds for a title eliminator.

So beating the #14 guy catapults you right up to #1 these days?

Brown vs Condit or Maybe Brown vs Lombard

Condit blew his knee out, as someone who has done that before myself i know it will be a while before we hear his name mentioned for a fight

Lombard is the one that makes sense if they are not going to give him the title shot, but honestly he probably has more claim to the #1 contender spot than anyone else, and i believe he can beat Hendricks

Crazy to think Matt Brown could soon be the WW champion, fuck i never thought there was a chance to see him get close to a title shot but ive always been a big fan of his style. He is definitely putting it all together now. WW has the most beatable champion right now imo so the door is open for him to do it.

I don't know if you guys have seen the WW rankings, but its the most stacked division.
Matt shouldn't get a title shot, he should get a title eliminator fight against a top 6 opponent.

Rory vs Woodley is a title eliminator
Lawler vs Ellenburger could be a title eliminator
That leaves Lombard and Condit still.

See, there's too many killers at the top of WW to give Matt Brown a title shot. Throw him in against the Lawler vs Ellenburger winner maybe, or vs. Lombard.

Since when do you have to be #1 to get a title shot?

Well I agree that in the UFC there is zero criteria for a title shot when Lesnar and Dan Hardy got them, but just between us he should kinda prove that he can beat someone in the top 5 or 10 no?

I want to see Brown beat the shit outta lombard. Hopefully he doesnt get laid on all day, like lombard always does when he cant finish an opponent.

Well I agree that in the UFC there is zero criteria for a title shot when Lesnar and Dan Hardy got them, but just between us he should kinda prove that he can beat someone in the top 5 or 10 no?

There isn't any criteria for being ranked either, so no I don't find it necessary he beat a fighter that's arbitrarily assigned a number by mma bloggers to prove anything.

Back