Wushu World champion tries out TaeKwondo

People who say Bruce Lee couldnt defend himself in a fight and people who say Bruce Lee would be a UFC champ are both morons

I think there's a distinction to be made, between saying Bruce Lee would be UFC champion with his skill set - and that Bruce Lee's athleticism and work ethic could have led to him becoming a UFC champion.

It's obviously a bit of a nonsense hypothetical, but I feel that Bruce as a martial arts specimin, his fitness, his speed etc. and his understanding of martial arts and willingness to learn, could have set him up for being a world champion - but make no mistake, if we got Bruce in a time machine and brought him to the UFC as he is now, he wouldn't cut it. Could he have become on with more understanding of modern techniques? I think so, yes.

I think there's a distinction to be made, between saying Bruce Lee would be UFC champion with his skill set - and that Bruce Lee's athleticism and work ethic could have led to him becoming a UFC champion.

It's obviously a bit of a nonsense hypothetical, but I feel that Bruce as a martial arts specimin, his fitness, his speed etc. and his understanding of martial arts and willingness to learn, could have set him up for being a world champion - but make no mistake, if we got Bruce in a time machine and brought him to the UFC as he is now, he wouldn't cut it. Could he have become on with more understanding of modern techniques? I think so, yes.

If I'm honest, I'm not sure I agree. I think if fighting was that important to him, he would of been entering all the tornements available. But he seemed more focused on bringing martial arts to the world with a open mind and developing his own style. If he was around today trying to push martial arts the same way he probably would struggle to get noticed on a large scale.

Also if somehow he hypothetically was around today and did become a UFC champ. The reality is, guys in the UFC his size, even if he was beating everyone easily, are not cared about or noticed, look at mighty mouse. Putting on displays of complete dominance and showcasing beautiful martial arts, but due to his size no one seemed to care.

But for me, most UFC champs were heavily involved in competing at some level at a young age. This tells me, that Bruce probably wouldn't of been interested in going down that path and fighting competitively wasn't for him.

Doesn't mean he doesn't know how to fight though. And I may be wrong, as you said, he had a incredible work ethic and athleticism so who knows....

If I'm honest, I'm not sure I agree. I think if fighting was that important to him, he would of been entering all the tornements available. But he seemed more focused on bringing martial arts to the world with a open mind and developing his own style. If he was around today trying to push martial arts the same way he probably would struggle to get noticed on a large scale.

Also if somehow he hypothetically was around today and did become a UFC champ. The reality is, guys in the UFC his size, even if he was beating everyone easily, are not cared about or noticed, look at mighty mouse. Putting on displays of complete dominance and showcasing beautiful martial arts, but due to his size no one seemed to care.

But for me, most UFC champs were heavily involved in competing at some level at a young age. This tells me, that Bruce probably wouldn't of been interested in going down that path and fighting competitively wasn't for him.

Doesn't mean he doesn't know how to fight though. And I may be wrong, as you said, he had a incredible work ethic and athleticism so who knows....

I think that's a fair assessment!

Back