International Wuhan Coronavirus V2 - Hide your kids, hide your wife and buy masks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found some at a local tool store that caters more to professionals , got the last box .

Could try a place like that

went to a Sherwin Williams and got a 30 pack. Dude Walmart Home Depot and Lowe’s all cleared out.

imagine when cases really pop off

went to a Sherwin Williams and got a 30 pack. Dude Walmart Home Depot and Lowe’s all cleared out.

imagine when cases really pop off
How much was it? $10? Just curious.

Fucking flu.

Those are the ones that were put in the box in the back of a truck and there were already occupants because there was luggage. Jesus. Grab that vid from the last thread. Last page or two...

I just threw this together.

I might be wrong, this might be different people but...

Are you saying all Chinese people look the same to you?

I'm just fucking with ya lol. I posted that in the last thread, Idk if it is the same folks or not.

yes. But your crappy mask is still better than nothing.

you can actually crush up some charcoal and tape two crappy masks together. And put the charcoal in between the two masks. Or so I hear from. A friend who works at UNMC where they sent the Ebola quarantine patients and where they may send some coronavirus people.
This could be partially effective if the risk of exposure was of aerosolized volatile organic compounds aka solvent vapors, but to the best of my knowledge activated carbon (this is different than charcoal briquettes (sp)) will not adsorb viral agents. It's more a matter of trapping the moisture vapors from others' phlegm or respiration that can carry the virus. Activated carbon could help with this by acting as a substrate on which the moisture could condense and be trapped and evaporate, however the pore size of a homemade carbon mask would not likely subceed that of the particle filters themselves to any effective level.

And yeah, that's adsorb, vs absorb.

Those mask won’t do shit.
They'd be most effective if worn by an infected person by blocking the expulsion of moisture onto surrounding surfaces, but unfortunately viruses are so, so small that if infected mass deposits on the outside of the mask worn by a non-infected person they'll likely still be respirated.

Really comes down to how long the lifespan of the virus is once outside the body IMO.

They peacefully enter the box and then scream hysterically minutes later? Am I missing something

They'd be most effective if worn by an infected person by blocking the expulsion of moisture onto surrounding surfaces, but unfortunately viruses are so, so small that if infected mass deposits on the outside of the mask worn by a non-infected person they'll likely still be respirated.

Really comes down to how long the lifespan of the virus is once outside the body IMO.
This virus is likely attached to droplets when transmitted through coughs, and the masks and glasses can protect you from exposure to droplets regardless of virus size. It's possible that many transmissions happen from people touching infected surfaces and rubbing their eyes or picking their noses though.

This virus is likely attached to droplets when transmitted through coughs, and the masks and glasses can protect you from exposure to droplets regardless of virus size. It's possible that many transmissions happen from people touching infected surfaces and rubbing their eyes or picking their noses though.
Yes to point 2, dependant on viral lifespan on such a surface.

However, again dependant on lifespan outta the body, if a droplet ends up on the outside of a mask, and the droplet evaporates rapidly due to respiration through the mask, I'm not sure that the virus would cling to the outside of the mask once free of the droplet. Ya dig?

*edit*
Kinda chuckling over nosepickers being at higher risk, but also kinda crying because lots of them are youngins

Kinda chuckling over nosepickers being at higher risk, but also kinda crying because lots of them are youngins

Have you ever been to China bruvva?

iu

iu

iu

Nose picking is a national pastime in the middle kingdom

several of us have been saying this for quite some time...

the Corona Virus is a lot more serious than many of thought...

this is not another "swine flu, SARS, etc."

the manner in which the Chinese Government is dealing with this (trying to deal) indicates that that this shit is for real.

and there are reports of it in India now.

several of us have been saying this for quite some time...

the Corona Virus is a lot more serious than many of thought...

this is not another "swine flu, SARS, etc."

the manner in which the Chinese Government is dealing with this (trying to deal) indicates that that this shit is for real.

and there are reports of it in India now.
If it hits India it will be worse than China for spreading and death toll. All non military air travel in and out of these countries should be stopped now no exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back