WTF No Press Conference for UFC 207!?

So basically Ronda doesnt want to do the presser...

And instead of making a lie for her, they are just gonna cancel the whole thing? I like the press conferences, and they should still have it with or without her anyways...

I guess after Nunes finishes her, she wont be at the post fight either...Maybe Nunes can bring a purple pillow and put it in Rondas chair...

Well of course the UFC is to blame for allowing it.
However I'm being critical of her for not having the ability to get through it.
She's a pro fighter at championship level. She should be mentally tougher than that.

And she isn't winning anything by acting this way. I'd say there are more people disliking her for this if anything.

talking about her, disliking her and pay to see her lose = winning.

I place the blame solely on Dana. Ever since Paige 'n' Sage lost again last week, he's been treating Conor and Ronda like toddlers, doubling-down on the coddling. It's pathetic.

I don't understand your logic here. Dana White said everyone has to do press. When Ronda was negotiating this supposed " no media" stipulation to her contract isn't Dana suppose to say everyone has to do press?

Everyone who signs a contract stating they'll do press has to do press. What is there to not understand? Do you really think Dana oversees fighter contracts personally?

...Maybe Nunes can bring a purple pillow and put it in Rondas chair...

My god that would be the icing on the cake. I wish there was a McGregor like fighter in her division just now to rile her up like that would do. She'd probably jump off a bridge mind you.

Why does the bitch have to spoil it for the other fighters? Press conferences are great for generating interest in the fighters that don't feature as highly in the promos. Anyone still sticking up for her needs to find a new sport to watch once she's gone.

As long as the presser doesn't have Conor, Diaz bro or Chael Sonnen....

Then who cares??

Everyone who signs a contract stating they'll do press has to do press. What is there to not understand? Do you really think Dana oversees fighter contracts personally?

Dana is President and overseas corporate policies. He clearly stated at the UFC 200 Press Conferences sans Conor that everyone does press. Therefore, one would assume this would be non-negotiable. Ronda is setting a precedent by not doing any press before 207. This is new ground that is being broken. My INITIAL point is alluding that Conor is foolish to demand ownership shares and private jets when he's not getting the level of preferential treatment that Ronda is getting with UFC 207. If they gave him shares, then Ronda demands shares, and the next big name. My POINT is is that Conor is delusional, but that's not news.

Dana is President and overseas corporate policies. He clearly stated at the UFC 200 Press Conferences sans Conor that everyone does press. Therefore, one would assume this would be non-negotiable. Ronda is setting a precedent by not doing any press before 207. This is new ground that is being broken. My INITIAL point is alluding that Conor is foolish to demand ownership shares and private jets when he's not getting the level of preferential treatment that Ronda is getting with UFC 207. If they gave him shares, then Ronda demands shares, and the next big name. My POINT is is that Conor is delusional, but that's not news.

We're in agreement that he's delusional. I thought you were implying that with all the preferential treatment Conor has been afforded, that if someone else got something he didn't THAT would be over the line or something.

No, i don't give a shit about Ronda.

I just think pressers are pointless. It kind of just reminds me of every like half time interview or post game interview in the NBA or NFL. Just dumb questions by idiot media members and you get the same non answers. It's own little fake show.

But I probably shouldn't shit on what other people like. But then you got fans booing anything that isn't a brawl during the fight. Fans need to be re-conditioned a little bit.
I only like the presser if there's legit beef or the fight has a story line. Im getting tired of them though. Every ufc fighter pre fight: "I'm in the best shape of my life, training camp was good, and im ready for saturday". Post fight: "I'll fight whoever the UFC gives me I don't choose my opponents".

Back