Media WTF Mirgliotta

No even John McCarthy said it because the refs weren't getting it either. Yes it can be 11 5 and not be 12 6. 12 6 is 12 6. It can be almost 12 6 and not count if it has an arc on it. Has to be exactly straight down 12 6. Browne had a crazy arc on his 9 3 so even if they were 12 6, would have counted because it had the arc and not straight down. I'm not going to argue if I don't know what I'm talking about. It's very easy to find the article where he said it.

No.
Your elbow would have to start pointing at an exact 90 degree angle facing straight up, snd then come down to an exact 90 degree angle facing the ground for the literal 12-6. Nobody has ever started their elbow at 12:00.
It is basically impossible.
Might as well remove the rule.
Or interpret it as downward elbows, which was the intended definition.

No.
Your elbow would have to start pointing at an exact 90 degree angle facing straight up, snd then come down to an exact 90 degree angle facing the ground for the literal 12-6. Nobody has ever started their elbow at 12:00.
It is basically impossible.
Might as well remove the rule.
Or interpret it as downward elbows, which was the intended definition.

Wrong.

DefinitionEdit
The most commonly accepted definition of a 12-6 elbow was originally based on a principle by referee John McCarthy of a clock on the wall. This came about after it was felt that the official definition of the foul was too broad. A 12-6 elbow was defined as bringing the elbow from "twelve o'clock" to "six o'clock", which is where the name comes from. Similar elbow movements from a fighter on their back does not count as a 12-6 elbow, because as explained by McCarthy, "the clock doesn't move".[2]McCarthy's definition became accepted as the official definition of 12-6 elbows under the Unified Rules and MMA referees were encouraged to use this definition when making judgments on elbow strikes.[3]

danWTF.gif

64o61j_jpg.gif

a3pbhd.gif
holy shit

lmao

Wrong.

DefinitionEdit
The most commonly accepted definition of a 12-6 elbow was originally based on a principle by referee John McCarthy of a clock on the wall. This came about after it was felt that the official definition of the foul was too broad. A 12-6 elbow was defined as bringing the elbow from "twelve o'clock" to "six o'clock", which is where the name comes from. Similar elbow movements from a fighter on their back does not count as a 12-6 elbow, because as explained by McCarthy, "the clock doesn't move".[2]McCarthy's definition became accepted as the official definition of 12-6 elbows under the Unified Rules and MMA referees were encouraged to use this definition when making judgments on elbow strikes.[3]

Which is what makes that literal 12-6 virtually impossible to occur.

Honestly I can't see how they would let Crowder continue anyhow. It was a direct knee to the side of the head, you can't recover from that sitting around a few minutes. You'll be compromised.

Regarding Glover I was shocked the fight wasn't immediately stopped, those hits to the back of the head looked flagrant, but Mirg was out of position. Happens, but with Mirg I think it happens too often.

Which is what makes that literal 12-6 virtually impossible to occur.

Wait are you imagining like pointing the elbow straight at 12 and then coming down to 6? It's pretty easy. Do like the jersey shore fist bump thing. Fist is pointing up. Then just bring it down. Like some Bruce Lee shit. I'm confused what you're picturing I guess.

Tbh id rather see Hardy get DQ for executing a fat ass frat boy with identical tattoos that calls himself pretty boy on live TV. Tired of these fighters who think it’s their moral obligation to punish Hardy for something he was legally, publicly, and financially punished for. Hardy was gassing and pretty boy is garbage and looks more out of shape than Derrick Lewis what would have been a 3 round hug fest once they both run out of pizza grease turned into one of the highlights of the night besides PVZ awesome sub and Cowboy whipping ass.

Dan couldn't see the elbows and he is a big guy so he doesn't move fast.

Not the first time we've seen 12-6 elbows to the back of the head go unpunished in the UFC. Travis Browne made his name with them against Barnett and Gonzaga.
Pretty sure Dan was reffing at least one of those 2

Strikes to the back of the head is a non applied rule in MMA, Knees/Kicks to a grounded opponent does, it is what it is, Glover was out for a second from those elbows.

Back