Wtf is up with all the climate change denial lately?

no fat chicks

Worlds greatest poster
@Silver
Reaction score
Its like this is like the anti vax movement kicked up a notch.
Every news article is being clogged up with comments about how it's all b.s. When you can literally pull up a Wikipedia page and read into the facts for yourself.

Why is there such a backlash towards this science?

I just don't give a shit about it tbh. Every time I hear someone whining about it I care even less.

>lately

everyone agrees the climate is changing, but the climate has been changing since the earth was created. the debate is how much is affected by humans and how much can be avoided

there is no doubt that there has been a ton of money and pressure to push scientists towards publishing about climate change, and any dissent is considered career suicide. if you believe all of it, remember al gore quoted scientists that the ice caps would be gone by 2013

i for one am on board with climate change, i think its greatly impacted by our pollution. but i think currently, americans impact is negligible compared to countries like china and india who have zero regulations and produce WAYYYYY more pollution than we do. its not worth it to handicap our countrys competetitiveness if they arent going to do it also

Its like this is like the anti vax movement kicked up a notch.
Every news article is being clogged up with comments about how it's all b.s. When you can literally pull up a Wikipedia page and read into the facts for yourself.

Why is there such a backlash towards this science?

I am pro-environment and believe in environmental regulations, but I think there is distrust that regulations are made for political purposes by the government as a deterrent to businesses in favor for a bigger government. Regulations can cripple smaller business owners.

I have no real insight on it.

>lately

everyone agrees the climate is changing, but the climate has been changing since the earth was created. the debate is how much is affected by humans and how much can be avoided

there is no doubt that there has been a ton of money and pressure to push scientists towards publishing about climate change, and any dissent is considered career suicide. if you believe all of it, remember al gore quoted scientists that the ice caps would be gone by 2013

i for one am on board with climate change, i think its greatly impacted by our pollution. but i think currently, americans impact is negligible compared to countries like china and india who have zero regulations and produce WAYYYYY more pollution than we do. its not worth it to handicap our countrys competetitiveness if they arent going to do it also

China and India. I still think it is necessary to try and slow the effects of pollution, but ultimately it will be a losing effort because of these two countries.

Flat Earth is taking over next. Can't wait for sneezing to mean demons and the witch burnings to follow

I hope no kid in school in this country ever has to go through smog days like I did as a kid.

Al Gore was so full of crap. He had these predictions that never came true. And he's made a killing flying around in his jet telling us we should feel guilty driving our cars to work and back.

And some of these "climate scientists" have been caught rigging the data.

Pollution:
as much as we like to criticize the EPA, look at China and SE Asia: people ride their bikes wearing face masks. I seen pictures from Beijing hi-rise condos where you can not even see your own hand sticking out of the window. The waterways are pretty scary too.

US is fairly clean pollution wise but we gotta compete with China and others who don't go by the same rules, so we gotta find some kind of a balance...we can't be the 'good guys' and let them run as over.

About climate change: I don't know... but I do care about pollution

beijing.jpg

article-2522963-19FA93DB00000578-94_964x512.jpg

pollution.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x747.jpg

Last edited:
China and India. I still think it is necessary to try and slow the effects of pollution, but ultimately it will be a losing effort because of these two countries.

Yeah thats kind of my point

i would be happy to make big changes to my lifestyle if i thought it would change anything, but it will do nothing if they dont change. we also dont know about the next developing countries

i was listening to dennis prager say that everytime we ask a country to regulate it, they say its unfair. the reason being, US got to industrialize without regulation and get a big lead, different leaders (dont remember specifically) said that its not fair that we limit their ability to catch up by the same means

i think the only way humans will limit their effect on the environment is if we come up with a more efficient clean energy OR if we come up with some kind of negative pollution that cleans up our mess faster than we can make it

Wtf is up with all the climate change denial lately?
wtf is up with the lack of precision in our language lately? Terms like "climate change" are too vague and mean different things to different people.

Last edited:
i think it would be helpful to create giant seaweed farms

seaweed cleans a shitload of co2 and greenhouse gasses, and if fed to cows great decreases the amount of methane they create, which is shockingly significant compared to car exhaust/factory pollution etc.

The only viable and affordable power source at this time that is zero carbon emissions is nuclear and Liberals reject it, so they can STFU.

The data has been altered to fit the theories.... so Liberals can STFU.

Not one climate model that the Liberals that Liberals have put forward has been correct, so Liberals can STFU.

Liberals cannot tell us what the right Climate is.... so they can STFU.

The only solution LIberals have for Climate issues is more taxes... so they can STFU.

The planet is supposed to be warming on the natural cycles, just like Mars and the other planets are doing... so Liberal can STFU. (note: there are no SUV's on Mars.)

Kyoto if followed 100% would make no difference, so Liberals can..... that's right... STFU.

wtf is up with the lack of precision in our language lately? Terms like "climate change" are too vague and mean different things to different people.

because they tried to call it global warming, they said our pollution would make everything hotter but then it got colder. so rather than admitting they were wrong, they renamed it "climate change" and said pollution can make it colder

just shows how politicized this "science" is

because they tried to call it global warming, they said our pollution would make everything hotter but then it got colder. so rather than admitting they were wrong, they renamed it "climate change" and said pollution can make it colder

just shows how politicized this "science" is
lol, I remember when 'global warming' was a big thing... green house effect, ect

The only viable and affordable power source at this time that is zero carbon emissions is nuclear and Liberals reject it, so they can STFU.

The data has been altered to fit the theories.... so Liberals can STFU.

Not one climate model that the Liberals that Liberals have put forward has been correct, so Liberals can STFU.

Liberals cannot tell us what the right Climate is.... so they can STFU.

The only solution LIberals have for Climate issues is more taxes... so they can STFU.

The planet is supposed to be warming on the natural cycles, just like Mars and the other planets are doing... so Liberal can STFU. (note: there are no SUV's on Mars.)

Kyoto if followed 100% would make no difference, so Liberals can..... that's right... STFU.

good point about nuclear

nuclear is amazingly efficient, powerful and clean

its a lot safer than liberals make it out to be, assuming people actually follow rules and regulations. but people breaking rules in the past made people scared

"b-but a nuclear meltdown can be hazardous for our environment"
yeah but so is "climate change" caused by fossil fuels.

i would love to go nuclear assuming that we're safe about it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back