WTF is gonna be Nick Diaz gameplan?

I wonder if we will see Silva showboating again lol.

I wonder if we will see Silva showboating again lol.

Those days are done. Silva lost twice, and his first lost was no controversial decision or BS stoppage, he got finished clearly.

This is a big fight for Silva.

On paper this is a no-win for Nick. He doesn't have the striking to compete with Anderson and while he does have an exceptional ground game he doesn't have the relentless, smothering wrestling ability of a Chael Sonnen to actually take and keep this fight on the ground.

I don't see him doing well at all.

The gameplan will be stand and bang... With is a very dumb game plan against the best striker of all time...

The only chance of Nick is that Anderson shows up with a very deteriorated chin a poor confidence...

If Anderson comes up up 40% of his previous skill, Nick is going to get his ass whooped pretty bad...

The best gameplan for him in my opinion would be to constantly pressure him with strikes and use his amazing conditioning to his advantage.

The best gameplan for him in my opinion would be to constantly pressure him with strikes and use his amazing conditioning to his advantage.

That won't last successfully for 5 rounds for Nick. He needs to get Silva to the ground and work submissions.

Not get Ko'd lol

My guess would be focusing on the body while never over extending. Chris caused alot of problems for Silva because he would attack then get out of striking range. Where as other fighters always thought they could catch silva so they stayed in striking range.

Chris never ran into Silva. He closely followed him at a safe distance

1c7VgTO.gif

yPZBn73.gif

This threw off Silva because after a while he didn't think Chris would fully attack.

NHpGW5F.gif

SJn9ZW8.gif

But Nick doesn't have enough power and will get ko'd

i wish all weidman fans would break shit down like this, respect

instead of saying yah weidman dominated bro... silva sucks .

and also, i dont see a game plan for nick that can defeat anderson, im guessing steady pressure while not getting too close like you said

Diaz's plan is to get beat up for 4.5 rounds and hopefully Silva will be exhausted from punching by then. Then Diaz will come on strong for the KO

Nick's gameplan is to bet on Silva. He knows this is a money making opportunity for the fans.

Back Silva up into the cage and work the body then come up to the head while not overreaching on his punches, which he does a good job of. Keep relentless pressure, which is very dangerous.

He's gonna lean in and drop combos and counters til silva quits

I don't think people realize just how hard Weidman hits. I can promise you Nick does not have that kind of power. Can he wear him down with volume? Yeah, but only if he's mentally shot after the beatings he took from Weidman. If Silva is even at 75 percent of what he was its going to be a quick night for Diaz.

Silva wasn't KO'd in the first and dropped in the second fight by some kind of powerpunch right to the jaw. He got caught by a punch in the middle of a combo (and in the clinch the second time). We've seen Nick catch guys like Lawler & Daley in the past. Not saying that it's likely but the thread asked about Diaz's chances so I mentioned one.

Diaz punching power is deceptive and if Silva fucks around with him too much he will pay for it.

Bitchslap Anderson in the later rounds!!
After that, he wins by flying gogoplata!!

the taunting back and forth may be at an all time high. i do think nick will have a lot of respect for anderson.

Pitter patter punch forward with the worst footwork in mma and the best cardio.

I'm rooting for Nick, but don't think it's a great match up, stylistically, for him. He leaves too many openings to get hit. Anderson will probably put him away unless Nick can land a barrage.

Back