WTF is gonna be Nick Diaz gameplan?

I really hope that Nick isn't prejudiced against using his ground game against Anderson. It is undoubtedly the best chance he has.

Depending on where Anderson's chin is at I could possibly see Nick dropping him with a "wtf" type shot and jumping on a submission.

If all else fails I hope he throws his hands up and starts swearing for 20 minutes while Anderson break dances.

#thetimeisnow

punch Silva's now glass chin

10scc9y.gif

I think you're somewhat sarcastic here but there were actually some troubling signs of Silva's ability to take a punch in both Weidman fights. I love both fighters and think Silva is a clear favorite, but Nick might have a chance with his high volume boxing attack.

Box him up, avoid the Thai clinch or use it to attempt take-downs, and block and get out of the way of kicks. Nick can negate Anderson's head movement with volume and body shots.

Nick is a better boxer - particularly offensively, has a better ground game, possibly a better chin, and as good or better cardio. He trains with an Olympic boxer when he can, and also trains with a better kick-boxer than Anderson.

Nick has a shot, and not only are people underestimating his abilities, they're overrating Anderson's offensive boxing. In fact, I'd say this fight might even get ugly for Anderson. Anderson is going to need to blast him with kicks and use the clinch effectively to win, but Nick is getting all the kick-boxing lessons he can handle in training.

Lol. Love how most of your advantages for Nick is who he trains with.
I train with 3 MMA champions, nearly every day, and any top 30er in the UFC even two weight classes below me would likely win.

lets be real here. Him training with a great kickboxer doesnt mean he suddenly becomes one.

Lol. Love how most of your advantages for Nick is who he trains with.

Guess you missed this part then, or you only see what you want to see:

Box him up, avoid the Thai clinch or use it to attempt take-downs, and block and get out of the way of kicks. Nick can negate Anderson's head movement with volume and body shots.

Nick is a better boxer - particularly offensively, has a better ground game, possibly a better chin, and as good or better cardio.

I train with 3 MMA champions, nearly every day, and any top 30er in the UFC even two weight classes below me would likely win.

And I train with 17 MMA champions every three hours.

lets be real here. Him training with a great kickboxer doesnt mean he suddenly becomes one.

No one said that. What it does mean, is that he'll be prepared for what he's getting himself into. You know, that's actually what everything that happens before a fight is called; preparation.

Comprehension.

I think people are forgetting that Anderson already fought a WW during his title reign and couldn't finish him.

His gameplan is going to be to get in there and hope all the silva haters on sherdog were right.

But really i can't see him beating silva unless he really is THAT washed up.

His gameplan ? Talk some shit, toss some Stockton Slaps, punch the shit out of his ribs, punch the shit out of his head.

If I had to guess

I think Diaz has a style that will serve him well. After watching Anderson train, it doesn't seem like he's bringing in anyone with Diaz's style. Those guys seem like counter punchers. I still think that Anderson will win, but Diaz's boxing style will be his road to victory if he does end up winning.

I'm not sure if a 'brawl' mentality would suit nick, especially in the earlier rounds... Maybe try to stay technical in the first 3 rounds and hope it's a straight boxing match then try to brawl later when nicks superior conditioning gives him his best chance.

We all know he's a volume puncher with no 1 punch KO POWER , so if I were game planning for nick is try to score jabs and body shots early, avoid getting slept and making mistakes, especially getting countered, silva is awesome at making people pay for mistakes (griffin, sonnen, etc)

If nick can mark him up in the first 3 with that gameplan , I say open it up and take chances later in the fight... I wouldn't even consider the ground being an option... Nicks submissions are very technical, he's not explosive in subs either... He won't catch spider with a flying armbar or anything crazy like that... Keep it simple and technical. Wether the early storm and try to rally in the last 10 mins

Taunt, give AS the finger, and complain that he is not standing still so that he can hit him.

In short, same game plan he used on Condit.

As much as he hates to, he's gonna have to use spinning shit.

Turn it into a close quarters dirty brawl + lots of body shots. He is gonna get beat up bad, but if he can survive and really put the pressure on Silva he could pull it off.

I just really hope it's a fun fight.

Taunt, give AS the finger, and complain that he is not standing still so that he can hit him.

In short, same game plan he used on Condit.

Condition prepared well for that fight... He was in and out... He bicycled a lot. I don't blame him, he didn't step to the pocket and exchange, it frustrated nick and it worked. If he would have fought that fight any differently and with less discipline, nick would have had his hand raised.

I give condit all the credit in the world for how he approached that fight... It wasn't completely exciting but it was enough, at least to the judges, to win the fight.

Turn it into a close quarters dirty brawl + lots of body shots. He is gonna get beat up bad, but if he can survive and really put the pressure on Silva he could pull it off.

I just really hope it's a fun fight.

I hope it's fun too, I shelled out $500 for 2 tix.

I don't think I agree with close quarters fighting, if he catches nick in the plum, it could be leben or ace revisited. I think he should be very technical, slow and steady rds 1-3, find the jab range and make sure the 4th and 5th rd strike totals match or exceed 1-3. Gameplan a go out of the window when the cage door closes and the clock starts. Obviously, gameplans can work i.e condit vs diaz... But if I were training/cornering ND , I'd urge nick to try to score early and be cautious about kicks above the waist.

Who knows what works until it's put into action, maybe turning it into a brawl and seeing who has the better chin is nicks best option.... Lol I have no clue on how to approach it, truthfully.

Silva's gonna look like BJ Penn, Zaromskis, Shamrock, Daley, Scott Smith....gassed, back against the fence eating stockton slaps and vicious hooks to the body

Silva's gonna look like BJ Penn, Zaromskis, Shamrock, Daley, Scott Smith....gassed, back against the fence eating stockton slaps and vicious hooks to the body

I'm a huge diaz fan, he has been my fave fighter since the neer fight. As much as I'd like to see this be the case, I don't see that happening. Silva is in the closing chapters of his illustrious career, but he's not at that point yet. If he is, it is certainly time for him to retire.

We will learn a lot about where both fighters are at physically and mentally after jan 31

Back