WTF is gonna be Nick Diaz gameplan?

Get the paycheck, work on cardio. Hope. If it doesn't work out, go home and smoke weed. If he can manage an upset, go home and smoke weed.

Keep it real and not know how to buy a house without "going to school for that"

LOL...who "goes to school for" buying a house?

He collects his paycheck and gets owned early. Next time his juke and jive talk can get him a pay day he will be there. Otherwise dude is just a big mouthed scrub with many chances at the top already.

Do this

cho.gif

If I were Diaz I would try to turn it into a grappling match early. Then hope Anderson's cardio suffers enough that Diaz can start teeing off on the much older GOAT.

He collects his paycheck and gets owned early. Next time his juke and jive talk can get him a pay day he will be there. Otherwise dude is just a big mouthed scrub with many chances at the top already.

I still don't have a house because I can't find time in my busy schedule to take classes on the subject.

On-topic: not get KTFO'd

Not get Ko'd lol

My guess would be focusing on the body while never over extending. Chris caused alot of problems for Silva because he would attack then get out of striking range. Where as other fighters always thought they could catch silva so they stayed in striking range.

Chris never ran into Silva. He closely followed him at a safe distance

1c7VgTO.gif

yPZBn73.gif

This threw off Silva because after a while he didn't think Chris would fully attack.

NHpGW5F.gif

SJn9ZW8.gif

But Nick doesn't have enough power and will get ko'd

Chris could execute that strategy because he had equal reach to AS (78' vs 77.5') and a solid level of skill in using it (before Chris, very few guys at MW could match AS's reach). Nick has a 76' reach, longer than most welterweights but a bit short of Anderson's. Given AS's speed advantage though, I don't think Nick will get the best of those exchanges.

Nick Diaz always complains his opponent didn't want to fight or exchange punches. This time around he isn't going to have that excuse - AS will probably end him on punches or kicks.

(I do think Nick has a chance btw, because we haven't seen post-KTFO/broken-leg AS yet - he might have lost some of his edge)

Nick Diaz maybe has a 1 in 20 chance at winning, I'm not even exaggerating

Flying armbar. If that doesn't work, start throwing your hands up in the air and swearing.

as a Diaz fan, I see no realistic way he wins this fight. Still hoping he shocks the world with a win. But with that being said, if Diaz wins, it will be more about Anderson losing than Diaz winning.

I'm just interested in seeing how much taunting will happen. Both have been taken down a notch since their prime taunting days and I wonder if they will try it with each other.

Box him up, avoid the Thai clinch or use it to attempt take-downs, and block and get out of the way of kicks. Nick can negate Anderson's head movement with volume and body shots.

Nick is a better boxer - particularly offensively, has a better ground game, possibly a better chin, and as good or better cardio. He trains with an Olympic boxer when he can, and also trains with a better kick-boxer than Anderson.

Nick has a shot, and not only are people underestimating his abilities, they're overrating Anderson's offensive boxing. In fact, I'd say this fight might even get ugly for Anderson. Anderson is going to need to blast him with kicks and use the clinch effectively to win, but Nick is getting all the kick-boxing lessons he can handle in training.

Extensive use of the word bitch, with the odd "what " to keep Silva honest.

I see Nick getting KO'D mid trash talk.

Thats what needs to happen. Maybe next he will take on Brock as a welcome back payday.

This fight is an exciting joke. Its still a joke though.

good-good-let-the-jimmies-rustle-through-you.png

Probably smother him with a relentless boxing pace like he's done to other opponents, but I don't think that's gonna work with Anderson, he might just run into some punches and kicks coming in. Maybe his BJJ is better than Anderson's, but he doesn't really have the wrestling to get Anderson down, so.....

I'll be rooting for Nick, would like to see him win, but don't see it happening, hope I'm wrong though.

Back