Opinion WTF is going on with Lake Mead?

No, they're not still heavily in use, and this is reflected in the atmospheric measurements. Freon is a generic term that applies to many different compounds - the freon widely in use today contains HFCs, which don't damage the ozone as much as CFCs.

Next tell em about how HFCs are worse than CO2 for overall climate change/warming?

Let’s say everything you say is correct. I’m still going to say it’s better for our future to invest in new technology and make more of an effort to care for the planet. Deforestation, oil spills, over hunting, etc are all real problems and it doesn’t require someone to consider climate change. The conversation just needs to shift to taking care of the planet in general
Out of curiosity, what do you feel is over hunted here in the US?
And by deforestation, do you just call all logging operations deforestation?

No, they're not still heavily in use, and this is reflected in the atmospheric measurements. Freon is a generic term that applies to many different compounds - the freon widely in use today contains HFCs, which don't damage the ozone as much as CFCs.

Oh so now HFCs are okay, they weren’t a few posts ago.

Yeah they are still in use.

And all of the tons that were manufactured and used in the past generations lets say within ~ 50 years, are just gone *poof* right? Not in landfills or old machinery or old buildings right? They aren’t leaking into the environment.

Idk how old you were at the time or if you went to University or even HS in the 90-00’s but if you did, you heard it often.

I don't care that you heard it often. I'm asking if you looked into the actual science rather than just hearing background noise?

Wow, surprised the lake was ever this high

Not helpful

I don't care that you heard it often. I'm asking if you looked into the actual science rather than just hearing background noise?

I was presented with a good deal of while at University, which is why I referenced University.

Do you remember those flat out lies that were told?

Oh so now HFCs are okay, they weren’t a few posts ago.

Yeah they are still in use.

And all of the tons that were manufactured and used in the past generations lets say within ~ 50 years, are just gone *poof* right? Not in landfills or old machinery or old buildings right? They aren’t leaking into the environment.

I never said HFCs weren't okay - they're not good for the environment, but they don't deplete the ozone the way CFCs do, which is what we were talking any. You're the one who posted about them being an issue - I can't stop and correct every ignorant and uneducated thing you folks say in every post, I generally just go after the main point you were making.

And, why dont you just reference the atmospheric measurements? Are you suggesting that they're made up?

I was presented with a good deal of while at University, which is why I referenced University.

Do you remember those flat out lies that were told?

You either don't understand the question I'm asking or you're being dishonest. Either way, I'm not going to waste my time with you anymore.

For sure, which is why it's even more concerning they figure 20% of global warming attributed to HFCs.

Well I was told they are no longer in use. Thank goodness.

This thread is full of Zealots committed to their media approved religion of climate change.

The phrase “we can’t be sure how much climate change is due to man” is literally sacrilegious to them.

Pointing out the failings of the media, scientists and universities in predicting and understanding climate change is sacrilegious to them.

Well I was told they are no longer in use. Thank goodness.

I believe there have been new protocol arrangements to have them phased out by 2049 or something. They appear to have eased the ozone crisis and flourines reaching it, but have opened another more widespread problem. I guess they're trying to make chems sans flourine. Also reading that they're splitballing using CO2 as a replacement for them, because overall CO2 is way less harmful in this process.

Last edited:
This thread is full of Zealots committed to their media approved religion of climate change.

The phrase “we can’t be sure how much climate change is due to man” is literally sacrilegious to them.

Pointing out the failings of the media, scientists and universities in predicting and understanding climate change is sacrilegious to them.

"Sure" as in 100% certain I'll agree with you, we can never be. I'm willing to listen though, what other natural factors are contributing to the warming.

You either don't understand the question I'm asking or you're being dishonest. Either way, I'm not going to waste my time with you anymore.

So learning about the rates of melting, temperature changes, seeing studies from other universities, while in university is simply nothing?

According to Nevada, the average temerature in Vegas is rapidly rising.

04-f-6.jpg

Maybe if they make a few more golf courses in a desert that'll help?

Back