Wtf did people do at Work to entertain themselves before cellphones and computers ???

Drank and smoked and sexually harrassed the women.

Seriously, there were pictures in a tucked away crawlspace in the justice complex I work at that we had found. My office used to be Judges' chambers, the only office with a full kitchen.

In the pictures from the 70s, on the desks were bottles of liquor, ash trays with mounds of butts, women in skimpy casual work outfits. It was like an episode of Twilight Zone, it was so foreign a concept compared to post-2000s office life.

WkHHpZ1.jpg

it was still this way up to the early 00's, but once laptops became everyday use, the newspapers vanished.

Most of them had jobs that you had to consistently do actual work at, so you didn't have time to fuck around on a phone or computer.

Chatting with colleagues. I've always worked with computers but pre internet, we'd just have a laugh when we weren't working.

Four martini lunches

bang secretaries.
The Mad Men drinking thing still exists in marketing. Not when husband was on site at Apple, but every other marketing agency he's worked at they had a beer fridge and liquor cupboard which was made good use of on Friday afternoons.

They wrote letters to krotty magazines about transgender women instead of posting on krotty forums

I was a management trainee at a trucking company in the early 90's. Huge terminal, over 200 doors, and a 24/7 operation. One of the dock clerks, an older woman, had to verify the contents of any trailer missing paperwork. One night she needed to see a trailer but we didn't have an available dock door. I offered to take her out on the yard, find the trailer, and check out the contents. There were hundreds of trailers and many had numbers smeared or covered with road dirt and salt. We found the trailer way out back, popped the door and climbed inside. I ended up sitting her on the edge of a pallet and fucking her right there in the trailer. I don't think we had ever even flirted in the least. For several months, until I got promoted to day shift, we went out 2 or 3 times a week and banged in a trailer. I know it's cheap and trailer park-ish, but damn it was sexy as hell listening to her moan, hearing people talking out on the yard, knowing we could get caught. She was a cool broad.

I worked at 7-eleven as a youngster. It was brutal, so I read everything from muscle mags, biker shit, and gossip mans just to not go insane.

Even in the movie "Office Space" you could kill time by playing solitaire. For me personally, I grew up an only child, which means I had to entertainment myself reasonably often. One game I really like was fighting myself. Or pretending I was having a gun fight.

I used to play RBI on nesticle on my laptop
hit on girls
bullshit

Talk shit, grab female employees asses, smoke and drink.

Back