WTF?? Arm coil sweep from guard to double-arm pin/armbar in judo comp-VIDEO

I swear to fucking god BJJ nuthugging know-it-alls really know how to ruin every fucking thread somehow. Seriously, you guys are as bad as some of the trolls and meatheads that stumble in here from time to time. It's sickening.

I bet half the guys bitching get tapped out by judo guys.

What this sequence shows is that using the hook on the arm (which can be higher percentage) can translate to quite a few things (triangle for example)

To everyone else bitching and moaning... sorry ari didn't teach you it first.

Look - I can see how this would be a low percentage move. F#ck I didn't say this was going to be the next triangle or straight armbar, for f#cks sake.

But d@mn there are a bunch of haters here bagging a great move pulled off in an actual competition (ie; not even just demonstrated in an instructional).

Or would you prefer me to only post videos low percentage stock-standard moves pulled off in BJJ matches?

Look - I can see how this would be a low percentage move. F#ck I didn't say this was going to be the next triangle or straight armbar, for f#cks sake.

But d@mn there are a bunch of haters here bagging a great move pulled off in an actual competition (ie; not even just demonstrated in an instructional).

Or would you prefer me to only post videos low percentage stock-standard moves pulled off in BJJ matches?

if you posted a low percentage move being pulled off in bjj i would have said the same thing.

I think you could make it work against a white belt, or maybe once against a higher belt if you get lucky, but nobody's going to get caught twice with that move.

Gott fawking dang it, the move WORKS.

I use it! My teammates use it! Blues get white with it. Purples get other purples with it. It works JUST FINE. There are PLENTY of ways to set it up, and worse yet, I have no idea how you would go about getting out.

Listen, this move is a very very simple counter to the Tozi/Sao Paulo/Reis/Chim chim pass.

YouTube - Tozi pass.MPG

I will let you people figure out how it happens. If you are confused I'll make a diagram on MSPaint.

I repeat, it works JUST FINE, on everyone. You go for this pass, and you are just as likely to get caught in that as you are to get triangled when passing the guard. I happens. The only difference between that and the video is their are a lot of variations to finish or sweep. If you got long legs and big feet you don't even have to break your opponent down to get it. You can just get it from spider guard.

My god, I can't believe I have to explain this.

Very neat, I like that sweep. I've got long legs, I may be able to pull that off.

ive used the leg around the back to hook their opposite arm like that, usually i just take their back with it lol never thought of that

I use it! My teammates use it! Blues get white with it. Purples get other purples with it. It works JUST FINE. There are PLENTY of ways to set it up, and worse yet, I have no idea how you would go about getting out.

Listen, this move is a very very simple counter to the Tozi/Sao Paulo/Reis/Chim chim pass.

YouTube - Tozi pass.MPG

I will let you people figure out how it happens. If you are confused I'll make a diagram on MSPaint.

I repeat, it works JUST FINE, on everyone. You go for this pass, and you are just as likely to get caught in that as you are to get triangled when passing the guard. I happens. The only difference between that and the video is their are a lot of variations to finish or sweep. If you got long legs and big feet you don't even have to break your opponent down to get it. You can just get it from spider guard.

My god, I can't believe I have to explain this.

if it is a simple counter, can you give examples of it being used against tozzi, godoi, barbosa, reis?

I use that "arm coil" too, in exactly the way you describe. I agree, this move works. This move isn't bread and butter for me, but I do use it regularly and successfully.

[Tycho?];42242955 said:
Very neat, I like that sweep. I've got long legs, I may be able to pull that off.

This. I've never seen or thought of this before, so it'll be cool to try to work it into my game. Having another trick in the bag never hurt.

Seen anything like this before?

direct link: YouTube - Mysterious Newaza

Never seen anything like it. And in judo - no less. And from guard no less! Holy snapping duck sh*t batman...

This was in my last Jiu Jitsu Legends Magazine, demo'd by some Brazilian kid.. I dont have it in front of me but I tried it several months ago and couldnt land it in a live roll.

EDIT: I found the DVD that comes with the magazine and the guy that demos this move is Ary Farias...

WOOT YOUTUBE..

Here is the NO Gi variation I saw

YouTube - BJJLegends.com Technique, Submissions: Ary Farias No Gi World Champion

Last edited:
if it is a simple counter, can you give examples of it being used against tozzi, godoi, barbosa, reis?

No, I can't, because I don't train in their gyms. Are you saying a technique isn't valid until you see someone tap to it in a tournament?

Dude, people do the move to me all the time. I do it to others all the time. The move is work. Just admitt that you were wrong and that you don't know every BJJ move known to man, that way we can just move on.

Oh ok, I changed my mind, I think that move is legit now because I saw Ary Farias do it. :icon_chee

No, I can't, because I don't train in their gyms. Are you saying a technique isn't valid until you see someone tap to it in a tournament?

Dude, people do the move to me all the time. I do it to others all the time. The move is work. Just admitt that you were wrong and that you don't know every BJJ move known to man, that way we can just move on.

I never said that i know every move known to man. I have however crosstrained and sparred with people from different styles such as judo/wrestling/catch wreslting/ ect. I have seen almost every ADCC and Mundials and numerous other competitions and i have never seen that move pulled off in a fight. I can say that the choke is a counter to the tozzi pass because there are examples such as Galvao/Roger choking tozzi out in their guards when he uses his pass.

So far all you have said is "because i say so". :S

what amazes me is the judo guys here being so defensive about a low percentage move that probably won't be see in competition when people of similar ability are going against each other 100%. Sometimes a pig in a dress is exactly what it is. A pig in a dress.

Last edited:
I never said that i know every move known to man. I have however crosstrained and sparred with people from different styles such as judo/wrestling/catch wreslting/ ect. I have seen almost every ADCC and Mundials and numerous other competitions and i have never seen that move pulled off in a fight. I can say that the choke is a counter to the tozzi pass because there are examples such as Galvao/Roger choking tozzi out in their guards when he uses his pass.

So far all you have said is "because i say so". :S

what amazes me is the judo guys here being so defensive about a low percentage move that probably won't be see in competition when people of similar ability are going against each other 100%. Sometimes a pig in a dress is exactly what it is. A pig in a dress.

Yep, agree.

Sometimes there's no guilty from the judo guys, its just that a move works on them/between them and they think it's good to go. In reality it may work because of the inferior ground game of most of them, even at the Olympics.

By chance do you remind the Roger and Galvao matches? I would love to see them.

Luther I watched my Jiu-Jitsu coach do the move on a Jiu-Jitsu purple belt. This has nothing to do with the martial artist or art that were applying the move. Nefti who earlier in this thread was talking out of his ass even said he has seen Galvao/Roger do it in a Jiu-Jitsu match.

Get over the fucking Judo/Jiu-Jitsu shit. Nobody says anything on the mat, only on fourms...

Luther I watched my Jiu-Jitsu coach do the move on a Jiu-Jitsu purple belt.

So what?

A black belt can pull off all kind of low percentage crap on lower belts.

I agree with nefti it's a low percentage move. Nothing wrong with that.

(and nefti referred to Roger/Galvao using a choke counter, if I'm not wrong)

Back