WSOF Signs Jason High

CC27

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/18/9173857/jason-high-signs-with-world-series-of-fighting

Jason High has found a new home.

The MMA veteran has signed a new contract with World Series of Fighting, Ali Abdel-Aziz, WSOF executive vice president, confirmed with MMAFighting.com on Tuesday. High is expected to make his promotional debut in November, though no opponent has been signed just yet.

High (18-5) has not fought since his June 2014 loss to Rafael dos Anjos. Following the fight, he pushed referee Kevin Mulhall in the cage because he was upset with Mulhall's decision to stop the fight in the second round. Three days later, he was cut by the UFC, and a week later he was suspended for one year by the New Mexico State Athletic Commission and fined 10 percent of his purse.

"I'm excited, man," High said on a recent edition of The MMA Hour when asked about his suspension coming to an end. "You know, it's been hard to sit on the sidelines, especially when I'm healthy. I came off of a big rest from being not healthy with my appendix and everything. Then to get sat out for a year after that, it was really heartbreaking, man. It was really hard to sit out and watch. But you know, I've been getting through it, and I'm ready to get back to work this year."

The 33-year-old High will compete as a lightweight in WSOF. He enters the promotion holding signature wins over Andre Galvao, Hayato Sakurai and and Jordan Mein, to name a few.

couldn't they wait until he was sober? im not sure he is going to pass the drug tests.

He got a real raw deal imo from the commission and the UFC. Would rather have seen Bellator but a jobs a job these days

I like that they make these signings but I feel like they just don't have the amount of events necessary to keep their fighters busy

good for him. He got a raw deal with the UFC imo.

Happy for him now he can get back to earning some money

WSOF still put few amount of events, but at least the level of their main cards is being fairly good, and getting better

Not sure why everybody is saying he got a raw deal from the commission. The guy assaulted a referee. It's inexcusable. However he paid the penalty and I'm glad to see him get a fight, but lets not kid ourselves by saying Jason High was a victim.

25tkdh1.gif

Jason High is a great addition and a class act. Ridiculous punishment for showing frustration. A fine would have been good enough. I liked this guy ever since I watched him first in Dream

At least they have a decent staple of challengers for the LW title now.

Not sure why everybody is saying he got a raw deal from the commission. The guy assaulted a referee. It's inexcusable. However he paid the penalty and I'm glad to see him get a fight, but lets not kid ourselves by saying Jason High was a victim.
Assault?

I've seen handshakes that were more threatening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back