WSOF Fedor negotiations rumor

chavdarb

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi there!
As you might know Blagoi Ivanov is the current WSOF HW champion. In interview for Bulgarian media he claimed that after his title defence he migh fight against Fedor and WSOF are in negotiations with him. Stipulation being they already have met in sambo competitions, where Blagoi won in 2008 and became world champion. I do not know how much to trust these statements, but just wanted to share.Here is the link in bulgarian http://mobile.sportal.bg/news.php?id=561617

What a waste.

UFC or bust.

Ivanov is not top 20.

He beat Fedor by point when Fedor had flue. Fedor has already beaten him in sambo before that. It would be very bad if Fedor signed with WSOF. I had rather see him in M1 at this rate, because at least it would make sense for Russia.

What are you, outsidedarb? Chavhammer?

Ivanov is not top 20.

He beat Fedor by point when Fedor had flue. Fedor has already beaten him in sambo before that. It would be very bad if Fedor signed with WSOF. I had rather see him in M1 at this rate, because at least it would make sense for Russia.

To be fair i do not know the details of their sambo encounters. I would mostly think of this as a rumor. However it might be true that not only UFC is in talks with Fedor. Btw Blagoi has quite a good mma record and is eager to fight often so i am sure we will see where he stands. One of the reason he left bellator is that he stated they would not make fights for him and after Cooker came. Basically they told him he has no name value

I think the only way Fedor goes to WSOF is if he wants a tune up fight before giving it a go in UFC

wsof cant afford Fedor

Blagoi Ivanov is just discussing a rumor that has been around for weeks.

I would rather Fedor go to UFC, Bellator, M-1, Japan, some other Russian org, than WSOF

the blagoi fight isnt really THAT interesting

WSOF doesn't have the bankroll to sign Fedor.

They're not even at the negotiating table.

I could not really find any mentioning of WSOF and Fedor in the same context in the media, thats why i find what Blagoi is saying strange. Basically in the interview no one asked him on that topic. The matter was brought by him. It migh be wholy intended to impress the journalists.

If Fedor don't sign for the UFC, it's better for him to stay in Russia and fight for M-1.

Ivanov is not top 20.

Fight Matrix has Blagoi at 25, I have him at 23.
When you throw in the sambo meetings, it makes for a decent storyline, at least for hardcores.

But there is really nowhere much to go after that fight and I can't really see any way WSOF wins and is Fedor's choice, either.

I think they're just milking the situation for a little bit of publicity.

Not a chance in hell he signs with WSOF, if anything they said he'd take a warm up fight in M 1 vs Ivanov so maybe they negotiate to let ivanov fight Fedor in Russia.

But as for Fedor signing with WSOF, lol. UFC can pay him more money than WSOF as an org is worth.

It's UFC or bust at this point. Fedor say he wants to fight top heavyweights and they are in the UFC

Back