WSOF Bantamweight champ, Marlon Moraes wants a "super" fight with Dominick Cruz

For a belt, that neither has.

Pffft. Casual.
Funny you made up the belt part as both said the title is of no issue to fight one another.. It is a biz they claim. Just like when Frankie said the same about Eddie bitd. Casuals..

"Random WSOF dickhead hits air for 25 minutes."
Which wouldn't be much different from a random UFC dickhead hitting air against Cruz for 25. Moraes has deserved a step up for a while now, and there aren't a lot of guys to challenge Cruz.

Dilly and faber would earth this dude and hes talking about "superfights" becuz hes the champ of some lower level org ....ok

Maybe you should grasp what you watch instead of listening to what others tell you to think.. You noobs are sad. Damn sherdog kids..
goodone1.gif

Josh Hill and Sheymon are both notable fighters.
Sure. But how well do you think they'd do in the UFC too? They're all kind of prospect territory. Marlon obviously the least.

Well, it seems that UFC and WSOF are friendly with one another. The reason for this is probably because WSOF poses no threat whatsoever to UFC. WSOF is not seen as competition, it's looked at as inferior because it is, but to be fair pretty much every else is too for the time being.

So, with that being said, I couldn't see them ever pitting their champion vs. a WSOF champ, promote it as such, because say in fact Marlon wins, how does that make the giant UFC which is the WWE of MMA look? not good.

So, they will sign him first - if they have interest in him and book him as one of their fighters.
there is no way they will do promotion vs. promotion type fights unless they have bought out said promotion or promotion is in their back pocket.

I think they learned a thing or two from Pride and watching the old Monday Night Wars DVD lol ...

Really like Dodson vs. Moraes Main Event UFC Manila. What say you, HI?

Why Manila? Because you should have fights of shorter guys in Asia? Or because you think one of them is filipino?
Good fight, though. I'll watch it.

Why Manila? Because you should have fights of shorter guys in Asia? Or because you think one of them is filipino?
Good fight, though. I'll watch it.
Because John Dodson is half Filipino.

'Lol' at Cruz being a superfight.

Marlon is much more exciting.
Excitement doesn't equate to a superfight, skills and accomplishments do. Cruz is much more likely to be involved than a superfight than Moraes.

Excitement doesn't equate to a superfight, skills and accomplishments do. Cruz is much more likely to be involved than a superfight than Moraes.

Yes it does. It's the fight the majority of fans, hardcore- casuals- know nothing bar watchers, all want to see. Cruz doesn't have a huge fan base.

This is one of those threads that get necro'd after he comes to the UFC and loses a close fight in his debut or looks bad in victory. Then a year or two later it gets necro'd again because he actually becomes champion.

I don't see why people are so against seeing him fight Cruz. Aside from Lineker and Garbrandt, who are the exciting interesting new challengers to the belt? Dillashaw rematch could be interesting but if he loses again then Cruz pretty much has cleaned out the division and if he beats Cruz the inevitable rubber match will put teh rest of the division on hold for a while

Yes it does. It's the fight the majority of fans, hardcore- casuals- know nothing bar watchers, all want to see. Cruz doesn't have a huge fan base.
A fight that involves an exciting fighter isn't a superfight, otherwise there'd be a superfight every week. Is tonights main event a superfight? Your logic is retarded.

A fight that involves an exciting fighter isn't a superfight, otherwise there'd be a superfight every week. Is tonights main event a superfight? Your logic is retarded.

I'm not the one thinking 135lb full grown man could be in a 'super fight' so we're even. At least find one of average size.

Back