WSOF announcement to make MMA history

Hope it's a cross-promotion with Bellator.

Watch it be something like an announcement that they will air the Newell vs BIG JUSTIN card at like 11 AM on NBC.

Its the announcement of a multi event agreement with WSOF/NBC and they will do a few events a year on NBC.

the first will be Sat July 5th at probably 3-4pm est so it doesnt go against UFC 175. Also that NBC I dont think feels strongly about WSOF in primetime so they will give them an afternoon test run like they've done with boxing.

Thats what the announcement likely will be.

It would be kind of soon after a win and probably not earth shattering enough, but my guess is something like Mamed Khalidov.

Its the announcement of a multi event agreement with WSOF/NBC and they will do a few events a year on NBC.

the first will be Sat July 5th at probably 3-4pm est so it doesnt go against UFC 175. Also that NBC I dont think feels strongly about WSOF in primetime so they will give them an afternoon test run like they've done with boxing.

Thats what the announcement likely will be.

Hmm, that seems a little too detailed to be a guess

the NBC deal has been rumored for ever.

I'm hoping the announcement is that in the future, all WSOF events will have a one night, 8 man tournament on them.

the NBC deal has been rumored for ever.

I'm hoping the announcement is that in the future, all WSOF events will have a one night, 8 man tournament on them.

Has to be that. Check out this article on the state of network television

TLDR version, too many people DVR regular serial programming harming ad revenue; all the networks are trying to "eventize" their programming; sports programming is to take higher prominence in network programming as more people watch live
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-05-19-11-47-00

Back