WSOF announced Madison Square Garden show on NYE

Probably at the theater which seats 5500
They will have to give away 5499 tickets and maybe 100 people will show up on NYE in NYC to watch who gives a crap MMA.

It is almost like WSOF is intentionally trying to be the worst run promotion in the history of combat sports. I have never seen a bigger waste of money in my life. Can they at least release Moraes so he doesn't have to be embarrassed by this crap?

There's going to be a lot of people in the area and they might tape it earlier.

They will have to give away 5499 tickets and maybe 100 people will show up on NYE in NYC to watch who gives a crap MMA.

It is almost like WSOF is intentionally trying to be the worst run promotion in the history of combat sports. I have never seen a bigger waste of money in my life. Can they at least release Moraes so he doesn't have to be embarrassed by this crap?

There are plenty of people in NYC who don't want to spend New Year's sitting in the cold watching a ball with Christmas lights lower down a poll followed by Top 40 pop garbage.

Boy oh boy it's like WSOF just doesn't want to be succesful. Going head to head with UFC events and scheduling a MSG card on a night where people are either out to eat, watching the ball drop or getting laid.

Damn. Wonder what they're planning for a headliner for it. That's a bold strategy Cotton, let see if it pays off for them.

I like it. I usually stay home on NYE nowadays so this is something to do. I don't need a weekend or holiday to have fun.

There are plenty of people in NYC who don't want to spend New Year's sitting in the cold watching a ball with Christmas lights lower down a poll followed by Top 40 pop garbage.
Which is why they'll probably be at one of the thousands of night spots in the area partying down and having a great time with old friends and new acquaintances
I take it youve never gone out on New Years Eve

Seriously questioning WSOF' business sense as of late. Let's say for sake of argument they don't have any competition that night (they will)....who the hell will they put on this card!?!?!
Spong is inactive, Moraes has made it clear he wants to join the UFC, and with yesterday's fight being the last on his contract, it's almost a sure thing.
That leaves Branch, Fitch, Shields, Ivanov and Gaethje being the only "name" fighters available and there's NO WAY they could do MSG.
Completely confused

I'm with most on here...how the hell is wsof making money? Some of their shows can't draw flies, and their ratings are in the 200k? They pay some of their fighters a ton, and now they are looking to put on a show on one of the most competitive nights of the year? Idk... It's tough. I hope they do well but I can't see it happening.

Sometimes It's better to have an obscure night all to yourself, than to go up against the Sharks in prime time time slots

Back